Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

ok so I would have to park where? We are staying off site. I am assuming ttc and then there is a charge? my mind is blank about parking right now.
You could try parking at the resort. If they have space they do allow it. If not turn around and park at TTC.

From TTC mono to gf or walk to Poly.

Trying to figure out logistics since I’m at 10 days to go and have never done a split stay before. What time do you think I should get my bags down to Bell Services to have them moved to YC? I plan to rope drop AK the day I switch resorts so would need to get to the bus stop early also.

Trying to figure out logistics since I’m at 10 days to go and have never done a split stay before. What time do you think I should get my bags down to Bell Services to have them moved to YC? I plan to rope drop AK the day I switch resorts so would need to get to the bus stop early also.

How long do you plan to be at AK? What time do you want your bags?

You can take bags down with you or call for them to come up to get . You can schedule that the day before to get the time you want.

Bags wont get to GF until after 4pm most likely. If that works then do that. IF not take bus back to YC and grab your bags and rideshare/cab to GF , Its only like $12-14. That way the time works FOR YOU.

For our YC splits we have gone back for our bags. I just get impatient waiting for them and not knowing when they will arrive.

Yay! 10 Days!! I'm down to 9 because we're staying at Dolphin one night (arrival night) before checking into GF. We don't have many flight options from here. Time should go really fast now so I"m doing same as you...figuring out logistics of everything! We've done lots of split stays and even some triple splits, and every time we plan to have our bags transferred initially, we end up just taking them ourselves...so I agree with @trishadono. But we never spend a long time at AK. I would think you'd be done by lunch time if you rope drop, but who knows with this new world of no fast passes and supposedly increasing capacity! Since it's a solo trip for you this time, it would be pretty easy to stick the few things you need into a park bag like a bathing suit and flip flops just in case you make it to your resort before your bags do. For more people, that won't really fit in a park bag lol. If you have dinner plans that night and need to shower and change, that might not work. I have heard some stories of people not getting their bags until more like 6pm so it depends on what you have going on I guess. Of course, all of this was pre-pandemic so who knows how long bags take now? Sorry if I'm rambling...need more coffee!

@Dispro1 and @kylenne

I hope you both have a wonderful trip!!!! :yay: Please take pictures for us!!!!!
Thanks! I will take plenty of pics! Figuring out how to post them without them being sideways will be the hard part lol...I haven't posted pictures in a really long time! BTW, can you buy half and half at Sandy Cove? I'm used to getting all my coffee stuff from the lounge, and the only thing I know you can buy in Sandy Cove drink wise is vodka :rotfl:! Well, I do think others have mentioned bottled water there, but I've never needed to buy that either so I'm not sure where that is in the store??

Thanks! I will take plenty of pics! Figuring out how to post them without them being sideways will be the hard part lol...I haven't posted pictures in a really long time! BTW, can you buy half and half at Sandy Cove? I'm used to getting all my coffee stuff from the lounge, and the only thing I know you can buy in Sandy Cove drink wise is vodka :rotfl:! Well, I do think others have mentioned bottled water there, but I've never needed to buy that either so I'm not sure where that is in the store??

It’s hard because you don’t know if the pictures are going to be sideways until you post them. It really isn’t a big deal, but to a sure that they are right side up, sometimes you just have to rotate them in full and then post them. It’s so weird but it fixes them!! They pretty much have everything, so I would assume they do have it! I never actually purchased anything in cold section, we usually order groceries and pick it up. Have a great time!!!!!

Watch the CR thread. I have a TPV VILLA. You know I'll have pix!

I also will probably visit @Dispro1 at some point too.

Oh and CL thread since I will do a PBR comparison to WDW CL. see signature for dates

Ooohh that’s right, I forgot you were going as well! Anyone joining you this trip?!? I hope you have a wonderful time! I will definitely look for your pictures!!!!!! Make sure to have a Pogmosa (or any drink!!!!) for me 🙂

Watch the CR thread. I have a TPV VILLA. You know I'll have pix!

I also will probably visit @Dispro1 at some point too.

Oh and CL thread since I will do a PBR comparison to WDW CL. see signature for dates
What's this...probably?! You HAVE to visit me! Besides...you like Enchanted Rose! Of course, I'll be visiting you to check out that villa and view!

I miss you by 2 days as we arrive at Hard Rock Hotel on the 31st! We are staying CL and I'm interested to see how that compares to WDW CL. Also looking forward to your comparison. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I miss you by 2 days as we arrive at Hard Rock Hotel on the 31st! We are staying CL and I'm interested to see how that compares to WDW CL. Also looking forward to your comparison. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.
Whatever they have is better than what Disney has right now since they don't have CL lol! I'll be interested to hear what you both think of their CL because we may want to do a Universal/Disney split sometime! We've talked about it for years and just never did it! Hope you have a great trip!

Whatever they have is better than what Disney has right now since they don't have CL lol! I'll be interested to hear what you both think of their CL because we may want to do a Universal/Disney split sometime! We've talked about it for years and just never did it! Hope you have a great trip!

I agree...lol. From what I understand, CL at HRH was in a temporary location on a different floor but has since moved back up to the CL/7th floor, which will be nice. We've also talked about doing Universal for years but like you, we never did it. My brother/SIL/niece just got back from my niece's cheer competition end of April. They've never been to Universal either and they loved it. They also stayed at HRH and loved the hotel as well, so I'm really looking forward to trying it all. I will definitely report back about our stay. Thanks on my trip! I hope you have a great trip as well :goodvibes.

How long do you plan to be at AK? What time do you want your bags?

You can take bags down with you or call for them to come up to get . You can schedule that the day before to get the time you want.

Bags wont get to GF until after 4pm most likely. If that works then do that. IF not take bus back to YC and grab your bags and rideshare/cab to GF , Its only like $12-14. That way the time works FOR YOU.

For our YC splits we have gone back for our bags. I just get impatient waiting for them and not knowing when they will arrive.

I’m staying at GF first and then moving over to YC…plan is to get bus to AK from GF. I am a mid day break person so thought I would take it at SAB (will bring a suit in my park bag) and either head back to AK or hop to Epcot after.

I’m staying at GF first and then moving over to YC…plan is to get bus to AK from GF. I am a mid day break person so thought I would take it at SAB (will bring a suit in my park bag) and either head back to AK or hop to Epcot after.
Oh wow! We are at 25 days and have a plan similar to your plan. 3 days GF, AK on move day, and YC for 5 days. I would so appreciate any tips you are able to offer. I keep going back and forth between just dropping our bags and heading to AK on move day or going back to GF and try to get an Uber. DD, my WDW buddy, has some irrational fear about Uber. So she may head to YC without me while I pick up the bags. I am such a control freak, I don't know if I would actually be able just to drop the bags at bell services and wait for them at YC. I hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday and safe travels!:cake::bday:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter