Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Just booked a lagoon view room from the 20th to 25th. Which is the best building to ask for to get a nice view?

I got this offer email this morning, just came here to check if anyone had more information. Haven't given them a call yet, interested to see how big of a discount it is.

I’m currently booked with the 35% off deal, but I’m going to look through my junk mail to see if maybe I got that email from Disney. If not, no biggie, I’m happy with the deal I got.

Earlier this week, I got a phone call from Disney regarding my April vacation. We were booked at POFQ (booked pre-covid) and since they haven't reopened, we were being moved to the Grand Floridian! At no additional cost. The next day, I called and modified the reservation from the 8 nights we originally had to 4 nights. We are a little hesitant to go but see this as a once in a lifetime opportunity so myself, my two sons, and my mom will be going!! Mom will be fully vaccinated. We will do one park day (Magic Kingdom of course), and spend two days at the pool/DS.

I feel as though nothing this resort. Any tips or advice would great. We are booked in an outer building garden view. We are very used to eating in the food court at POFQ, is there something similar where I can grab breakfast in particular for my crew?

Earlier this week, I got a phone call from Disney regarding my April vacation. We were booked at POFQ (booked pre-covid) and since they haven't reopened, we were being moved to the Grand Floridian! At no additional cost. The next day, I called and modified the reservation from the 8 nights we originally had to 4 nights. We are a little hesitant to go but see this as a once in a lifetime opportunity so myself, my two sons, and my mom will be going!! Mom will be fully vaccinated. We will do one park day (Magic Kingdom of course), and spend two days at the pool/DS.

I feel as though nothing this resort. Any tips or advice would great. We are booked in an outer building garden view. We are very used to eating in the food court at POFQ, is there something similar where I can grab breakfast in particular for my crew?
My sister and I were upgraded for free from Coronado Springs and we were thrilled. Gasparilla's is the counter service location that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are two restaurants that are open, Grand Floridian Cafe and Narcoossees. The pool bars have limited options, so check the menus.

The nice thing about Grand Floridian is having a monorail that will take you to MK and the Contemporary. You can also take the boat to MK and catch the boat to Wilderness Lodge, which is a nice place to visit. We loved hanging around the resort and wish we had more time to do it. :)

The resort rooms have two queen beds and a daybed. There is a balcony, too, which is really nice. :)

Sounds like some great Pixie Dust! Gasparilla’s is the resort QS, so you can check out their menu online to see what they offer. The food is actually good there.

Menu:https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...resort-and-spa/gasparilla-island-grill/menus/

The benefit of staying at the Grand is you can take the monorail, boat and now walk to MK! Definitely a huge bonus. Grounds are beautiful, pools are great, pool bar CM’s serve you in your chairs, great slide, cabanas,fun activities, beautiful lobby, etc!! If you look at Page 1, you’ll find some helpful information! If you have any specific questions, don’t hesitate to ask us!

Last edited:
Well, I have changed my reservation about 10 times now, thanks to my son and his family! Started with Gran Destino, went to BWV, then Yacht Club, dates also changed due to cheer competition for my youngest granddaughter. Well, we are now at the Grand, 2 rooms garden view for March 25-29! I haven’t stayed there in forever and my son and his family have never stayed there. Got a fantastic, Cast Rate so couldn’t say no!
I do need help on a building to request though. Any advice is appreciated!

I just got off the phone with an agent. The offer is for 52% off the rack rate. Looks like I'm going back to the Grand this spring!

That would entice me back to the Grand for sure! I've been staying off-site post Covid so that I can get Marriott points. (And I'm bummed I haven't gotten the email since we did 4 main building rooms in Jan 2020 for the family.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter