Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Anyone know how many floors the Conch Key building has? I just booked theme park view in July but I don’t want to request the top floor that has those dark vaulted ceilings rooms with the small balconies.

Im assuming that’s the best building for theme park view?
The TPV rooms have 4 floors, the 4th being the dormer rooms, so you will want to ask for 3rd floor or below. Some of Conch Key is 5 floors, but the part that is 5 floors is all Garden or Lagoon view.

The TPV rooms have 4 floors, the 4th being the dormer rooms, so you will want to ask for 3rd floor or below. Some of Conch Key is 5 floors, but the part that is 5 floors is all Garden or Lagoon view.
Anyone know how many floors the Conch Key building has? I just booked theme park view in July but I don’t want to request the top floor that has those dark vaulted ceilings rooms with the small balconies.

Im assuming that’s the best building for theme park view?
[/QUOTE
meant to add, all the TPV in Conch Key specifically are 4 floors only.

Good morning! I have a quick question I hope someone can answer. A few months ago (4-5??) I received an email from the GM of the GF asking me to come back with a special offer as I had stayed there the past three years). There was a phone number that I needed to call but I accidentally deleted the email. Does anyone have that information? We are taking my son to Disney for his birthday and I was hoping to stay at the GF once again.

TIA!

To those of you who were upgraded to main the building, did you make any requests beforehand? Did you do online check in?

To those of you who were upgraded to main the building, did you make any requests beforehand? Did you do online check in?

I was booked Outer Building TPV and requested Conch through the Touring Plans room request service. I always do online check in even pre covid. Hilariously enough, the pixie dust I got put me in the exact room category me and my gf initially booked, when we postponed this trip from last year.

0DA30C56-C1C0-411D-9797-A979E19B4F0B.jpeg0D639F5B-C0CA-40FF-9E41-8F817E61CD10.jpeg59BC9343-C456-441F-831A-D64D3E3234E1.jpeg
View from right, center left🙂. I did not do online check in. I think we only got main building because we checked in so early and the lady checking us in was really nice. Some people actually like their jobs and making people happy while others don’t care. Good luck to everyone wanting main building! I think we will all be able to book it before too long! @kylenne, we were at BOG last night too lol! And I agree about the low crowds at MK yesterday. We come every Memorial Day, and this is the least crowded I’ve seen it!

View attachment 578538View attachment 578539View attachment 578540
View from right, center left🙂. I did not do online check in. I think we only got main building because we checked in so early and the lady checking us in was really nice. Some people actually like their jobs and making people happy while others don’t care. Good luck to everyone wanting main building! I think we will all be able to book it before too long! @kylenne, we were at BOG last night too lol! And I agree about the low crowds at MK yesterday. We come every Memorial Day, and this is the least crowded I’ve seen it!

Enjoy it!!! So beautiful!!!!!!! 😍😍 You’re probably going to see some beautiful sunrises!!!! If you get a chance to capture a few early morning pics, would you please share with us?! Thanks so much!!! 😊 Have a wonderful time!!!

This almost makes me want to go back to the GF. Of course, by the time that happens, I’ll probably have to pay the hefty premium, which I can’t justify until there’s a serious refurb lol.
Totally agree. Just came back from a four night stay and though I love the grounds, lobby and location, those rooms need some help. We were in Bocca Chica third floor in a lagoon view which was fantastic but what's with this orange (rather disgusting) couch 😂😂578615578616

Totally agree. Just came back from a four night stay and though I love the grounds, lobby and location, those rooms need some help. We were in Bocca Chica third floor in a lagoon view which was fantastic but what's with this orange (rather disgusting) couch 😂😂View attachment 578615View attachment 578616
This is the exact room I requested for our trip in a couple weeks. Actually, in two weeks from right this minute we may be sitting on that balcony! Thank you for the picture!

Beautiful! Thanks for posting that because I doubt I’ll be taking pictures that early in the morning 😂!
View attachment 578613
Here’s a cabana view picture...#3 that I wanted!
Thank you for this!!! Would anyone know if from #4 you can possibly see the bottom of the slide into the pool? I didn’t realize the stairs block it from the cabana area. I have a sinking feeling I’ll be spending most of the day away from my lovely cabana surrendering to happy calls of “WATCH ME, MOM!!”

Last edited:
My ADR at CRT was at 8:25p last night so I got out of the park super late after taking nice photos of the castle and a near empty Main Street, so the monorail had shut down for the night. It was 10:30pm or so. I was too tired to walk. A transportation CM approached me before I could even ask for help lol and he asked where I was headed, I told him GF and he radioed the resort launch sitting at the dock, then directed me there and said the captain would take care of me. So I had my own private boat ride back to GF!!! Talk about a magical way to end my birthday!!!!

I got some pretty pictures around the resort then went back to the room and was totally spoiled by the soaker jacuzzi tub even though it’s sized for something with my shorter legs than me, lol! I used a bath bomb from Basin white. I was in heaven. I don’t want to leave this place lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Gasparilla is really hopping this morning. I think a lot of people are opting to hang out at the resort today. They are still having a CM stationed for drinks just FYI. I mobile ordered breakfast and ate on the balcony before going to my cabana. Oh man is this comfy!! I’m not sure what number it is but it’s on the end next to some stairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter