Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Thunderstorms chased us from the pool earlier so we had wine on the balcony. But skies have cleared and now it's time for frose by the pool! We really like both pools - tough to choose a favorite...not sure why pics are posting sideways but I will try to fix...

Love the drink pic! Happy you having a great time!!! (Fully rotate the pictures before posting and it will correct them!)

21 more days until my magical 40th birthday girls trip. This is my first stay at GF and we have a TPV room. Its a dream come true to stay here for me !! Y’all, I am so excited and I just can’t hide it !! Plus to make it even better, I convinced my girls to fly in a day earlier than we originally planned so we can have a full day of park time instead of missing out on 7 hours that we would have been traveling. The only down side is that we have TPV room booked, but when I added the night at the beginning of the trip, all that was available was GV so we will have to switch rooms, but it’s a small price to pay for more park time !! 😊

I am loving all the GF trip photos, reports and plans! Down here, our national borders probably won’t reopen for international vacationers for another 18 months, or so. Our next GF visit is too far away for comfort. So, I am living vicariously through y’all! Thank you for the uplifting moments. They are bright sparks in a drab winter.

My path open, path to poly closed.

Heard MK fireworks testing at about midnight last night but couldn't see from our lagoon view. Too lazy to leave the room to look, but thought I would share here just in case someone else saw!!

In response to someone else, we haven't heard a peep from our neighbors. Way louder at Pop or POFQ. There is no toilet noise at GF!!

How many king beds are in the outer garden buildings? Touring plans only has 1. Surely there is more than that? And which outer building is the closest to transportation and dining? Looks like Sago or Sugarloaf?

Way louder at Pop or POFQ. There is no toilet noise at GF!!
The toilet noise at Pop is crazy! Our first night there a few years ago, I hardly slept because all night long I was hearing toilets flush. If someone all the way at the end of our building flushed a toilet at 4am, I’m pretty sure I heard it. 🤣 The next night I closed the bathroom door, and it was quieter. I’ve never noticed that kind of noise at GF or any of the other deluxe resorts.

Just returned from the most MAGICAL stay at the GF. We had 4 nights, bookended by a night each at POP and CSR. This was our first stay at the GF, or any deluxe for that matter, so we were thrilled to just have the experience, but let me tell you, it was more than we could have ever imagined! We spent the entirety of check in day at EPCOT, so we didn't actually get into our room until around 10 PM - this was the plan all along. We booked an outer building lagoon view at a decent rate. My travel agent called in a room request for Boca Chica, upper level, 100% prepared to "get what we get and not get upset," because a request is not a guarantee.

When I got the room ready text around 9, I saw that we were indeed in Boca Chica and on the 4th floor! I was already excited, and then when we arrived and walked in. HOLY MOLY. All of the youtube videos and pictures online could not have prepared me. First, I wasn't aware that any lagoon view rooms had king beds, so I didn't even bother requesting one (even though, having one at home, it's really hard to squeeze me and DH into anything smaller with "breathing room"). KING BED! I marveled at the beauty of the room for about 10 seconds before heading straight to the balcony. Being on the 4th floor, it's one of the smaller balconies, but it was more than enough for DH, DD, and I to enjoy every morning sunrise and relax in the evening, too. And THE VIEW. I have no idea how this is considered a lagoon view (according to touring plans), or if I just got pixie dusted. I died. We also had a cabana on Saturday that was absolutely worth the price. The walking path to the MK was nice on our first morning, but we utilized boats/monorail for other MK days. These feet just couldn't handle any more steps. As of Tuesday, the walking path to the Poly is still closed, and I guess boats no longer do a loop around the resorts, but just go directly from each resort to the MK? One day, we decided to order QS lunch from the Poly and sent DH to go retrieve it - we knew the walking path was closed, but found out the hard way that the boats no longer loop. The monorail was also experiencing some sort of issue at that precise time, so service from TTC to GF was down. The poor guy wound up boating to MK, boating to Poly, picking up food, boating back to MK, and taking the MK walking path back to GF. When I was on my morning walk "scoping things out," on Tuesday morning, I was told by a CM that we could just walk around the back of the walking path construction, though, so that's an option if you're all about the Poly/GF walk. All in all, a PHENOMENAL trip. I'm not sure if I can ever go back to staying at a moderate resort.

ETA: I can't quite seem to figure out the picture thing, but would be happy to add if I can :)

I was told by a CM that we could just walk around the back of the walking path construction, though, so that's an option if you're all about the Poly/GF walk. All in all, a PHENOMENAL trip. I'm not sure if I can ever go back to staying at a moderate resort.

That's great that we have a work around. I love walking from/to Poly/GF. Thanks for the info!!

Just checked out from a four night stay- 6/20-24. I did not do mobile check in. We arrived around 10:30am. Checked in and got some pixie dust. We were upgraded from garden to lagoon view- ground floor room, Sugar Loaf 6127 (pics included).
Mousekeeping was daily for us at GF for trash and used toiletries and towels. We kept busy during our stay, and it was easy to fall asleep. However, a comment on this thread regarding the walls was fairly accurate. We could hear the entire conversation of the people in the adjoining room. However, I did not find this to be unusual for resorts. It never really bothered us.
Highlights- pool location (I didn't think it would matter to me, but it did.) The Enchanted Rose- delightful! The walkway to MK, and the property itself.
The staff was friendly, the atmosphere was relaxing, and the food and beverage on property were great.
Pics include: charcuterie board and Old Fashioned from Enchanted Rose, views from our room, lobster from Narcooses, and French Toast and frozen cappuccino from Grand Cafe

Attachments

• 20210620_214243.jpg
    20210620_214243.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 20210620_214252.jpg
    20210620_214252.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 20210623_212738.jpg
    20210623_212738.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 20210623_212744.jpg
    20210623_212744.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210623_212758.jpg
    20210623_212758.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210623_212805.jpg
    20210623_212805.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210620_175908.jpg
    20210620_175908.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20210622_203724.jpg
    20210622_203724.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210624_084321.jpg
    20210624_084321.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210624_085716.jpg
    20210624_085716.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 41
Hi! We have stayed at the Grand Floridian a few times and now we are thinking of renting points to stay in a studio DVC at the Grand Floridian. Could someone tell us does the DVD buildings at the Grand Floridian have its own pool like most of the other DVD resorts? Does the DVD buildings at Grand Floridian have their own parking lot where you can park close to the DVD building(we have a disabled daughter), Thank-You!

Hi! We have stayed at the Grand Floridian a few times and now we are thinking of renting points to stay in a studio DVC at the Grand Floridian. Could someone tell us does the DVD buildings at the Grand Floridian have its own pool like most of the other DVD resorts? Does the DVD buildings at Grand Floridian have their own parking lot where you can park close to the DVD building(we have a disabled daughter), Thank-You!

The GF DVC building (Villas at Grand Floridian, or VGF for short) does not have its own pool. GF’s feature pool - the Beach Pool - is located right in between the DVC building and the rest of the resort, but it’s not DVC only. BTW, none of Disney’s combo hotel/DVC resorts have a pool that is for DVC guests only, except for BLT.

The DVC building does have parking lot close to the building:

C87FFD80-18E1-43CC-9E9F-236CD752F75F.jpeg

Hope that helps!

The GF DVC building (Villas at Grand Floridian, or VGF for short) does not have its own pool. GF’s feature pool - the Beach Pool - is located right in between the DVC building and the rest of the resort, but it’s not DVC only. BTW, none of Disney’s combo hotel/DVC resorts have a pool that is for DVC guests only, except for BLT.

The DVC building does have parking lot close to the building:

View attachment 584845

Hope that helps!
Thank-You so much for this information and reply. We have stayed at Bay Tower many times and I guess my confusion was that is not considered a combo/DVC building because I believe that pool is just for use of Bay Tower. Thank-You this information really helps us.
PammyPoppins

CMs told us yesterday that beverage self serve would be starting today!!
If I may ask of anyone who is currently at GF ... regarding self-serve drinks: is the iced tea still "Gold Peak" dispensed from it's own dispenser or is it in the big "Freestyle" machine?
Odd question I know, but I love the Gold Peak on it's own, not as much from the Freestyle.
Thank you for any info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter