Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Gonna have to rent a scooter for my husband, where is the best place to rent from? He is a veteran so could get Military discount.. and is scooters hard to get into rooms?

Upcoming stay in August. I am hearing that with MK rope drop changes, they are allowing buses to queue first And that contemporary and Grand Floridian guests using walking paths to MK are intentionally being held at security on walking path....and only allowed past security AFTER first buses get through. Anyone else hearing/experiencing this first hand?

I don’t want to stay at such an expensive resort and be placed at a rope drop disadvantage.

sources: read it on touring plans chat site from those staying at Contemporary mid—June. And this vlogger mentions this here about 2:30 time stamp.

Upcoming stay in August. I am hearing that with MK rope drop changes, they are allowing buses to queue first And that contemporary and Grand Floridian guests using walking paths to MK are intentionally being held at security on walking path....and only allowed past security AFTER first buses get through. Anyone else hearing/experiencing this first hand?

I don’t want to stay at such an expensive resort and be placed at a rope drop disadvantage.

sources: read it on touring plans chat site from those staying at Contemporary mid—June. And this vlogger mentions this here about 2:30 time stamp

We were there last week and rope dropped twice to MK via the walking path - which is just lovely, by the way. On Monday 6/21, it wasn't the "official" rope drop procedure they have again now. We arrived at 7:10am at the turnstiles, and they opened up at 7:15 and we were allowed to walk up to 7DMT and queue up for the ride, which they opened around 7:30ish. On Friday, 6/25 we arrived at the same time, they opened the turnstiles at 7:15, but we were held for Rope drop at 8am at Cheshire Cafe.

On neither day were we held at security, although the location of security changed from by the lines for the boat on Monday to the other side closer to MK on Friday. I'm not exactly sure when the first buses arrived, but on both days we were close to the front of the pack to get into the park, like maybe 8-10 groups back? I feel like the buses came after we did, since waves of people started to show and they opened up more lines for turnstiles. I don't know what will happen as they increase capacity, but that was our experience. I'm with you about that, though - being able to walk there and be in control of your own destiny (to some extent) was a big part of the draw for me for GF!

We were there last week and rope dropped twice to MK via the walking path - which is just lovely, by the way. On Monday 6/21, it wasn't the "official" rope drop procedure they have again now. We arrived at 7:10am at the turnstiles, and they opened up at 7:15 and we were allowed to walk up to 7DMT and queue up for the ride, which they opened around 7:30ish. On Friday, 6/25 we arrived at the same time, they opened the turnstiles at 7:15, but we were held for Rope drop at 8am at Cheshire Cafe.

On neither day were we held at security, although the location of security changed from by the lines for the boat on Monday to the other side closer to MK on Friday. I'm not exactly sure when the first buses arrived, but on both days we were close to the front of the pack to get into the park, like maybe 8-10 groups back? I feel like the buses came after we did, since waves of people started to show and they opened up more lines for turnstiles. I don't know what will happen as they increase capacity, but that was our experience. I'm with you about that, though - being able to walk there and be in control of your own destiny (to some extent) was a big part of the draw for me for GF!

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Alright, just did something crazy! Our original plan was 10 nights at the Wilderness Lodge, Club Level. However, I decided to surprise my boyfriend, who has always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian, and change the reservation to 8 nights and then added 2 nights at the Grand Floridian at the end of our trip! Main Building, Theme Park View, Club Level. So excited to surprise him with this!!!

Alright, just did something crazy! Our original plan was 10 nights at the Wilderness Lodge, Club Level. However, I decided to surprise my boyfriend, who has always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian, and change the reservation to 8 nights and then added 2 nights at the Grand Floridian at the end of our trip! Main Building, Theme Park View, Club Level. So excited to surprise him with this!!!

Oh my
If your able to get the Yosemite suite at Wilderness it would be awesome.

We spent 12 days in it and was spoiled rotten by the staff.

What a great way to start your vacation.

Also I am sure the Main building at GF will make his day.

Enjoy
Be safe

So the website and announcements don't say anything about the Citricos Lounge. Anyone seen anything?

So the website and announcements don't say anything about the Citricos Lounge. Anyone seen anything?

I was thinking the same thing. But I think I see one in the picture. The light green stools on the left and I am assuming the beautiful printed chairs with the parlor style couch would also be part of that.

I love the new look, I can't wait for someone to get back after checking it out!

Does anyone know if they're selling GF resort specific merchandise anywhere on the property? We stayed at the GF in 2016 and really wanted a mug or something from the resort specifically but couldn't find anything.

We stay at WL a lot and they do offer WL merchandise and were disappointed when finding out that GF didn't.

THANKS!

Does anyone know if they're selling GF resort specific merchandise anywhere on the property? We stayed at the GF in 2016 and really wanted a mug or something from the resort specifically but couldn't find anything.

We stay at WL a lot and they do offer WL merchandise and were disappointed when finding out that GF didn't.

THANKS!

I was there last week and they had some...there was a GF coffee mug and some other items in Curiouser Clothiers, I believe. The mug looked like some stacked tea cups. I would post a picture but I had it shipped and it hasn't arrived! I try to collect coffee mugs from every resort where I stay. They also had some t-shirts and light weight sweatshirts - I wanted to circle back to those and get one of the sweatshirts but never made it back in there - best laid plans and all...

My most practical purchases of the week was an adorable rain hat that I got upstairs at M. Mouse Mercantile. It had all kinds of Disney cats and dogs on it - get it? :rotfl:We had thunderstorms just about every day so I got a lot of use out of it and it it now my new rainy day dog-walking hat!

I was there last week and they had some...there was a GF coffee mug and some other items in Curiouser Clothiers, I believe. The mug looked like some stacked tea cups. I would post a picture but I had it shipped and it hasn't arrived! I try to collect coffee mugs from every resort where I stay. They also had some t-shirts and light weight sweatshirts - I wanted to circle back to those and get one of the sweatshirts but never made it back in there - best laid plans and all...

My most practical purchases of the week was an adorable rain hat that I got upstairs at M. Mouse Mercantile. It had all kinds of Disney cats and dogs on it - get it? :rotfl:We had thunderstorms just about every day so I got a lot of use out of it and it it now my new rainy day dog-walking hat!
YEAH for merchandise! There was ZIP back in 2016 - please post a picture of your new coffee mug when it arrives!

Thank you!

THANKS!

So funny you say that I was just watching a YT video with Ryno and the Poly had so many cute items. They had a pool towel and couple of other cute items. The GF had very little and the mug is cute but the Poly and even the Contemporary had one more practical for use.

Years ago I got a great Black and Pink GF mug and they never continued making them so now its in the back of my cabinet preserved....lol

THANKS!

Check out this youtube video from March 2021. At the 6:50 mark, you can see a few GF items, including a tumbler and what I think is probably the mug mentioned above.
Edited, since I forgot to add the video link.

THANKS!

They have magnets also! I collect them from the resorts I stay at and I was able to get one there. I want to say it was from the sundries shop.

So funny you say that I was just watching a YT video with Ryno and the Poly had so many cute items. They had a pool towel and couple of other cute items. The GF had very little and the mug is cute but the Poly and even the Contemporary had one more practical for use.

Years ago I got a great Black and Pink GF mug and they never continued making them so now its in the back of my cabinet preserved....lol
I have found that there are many resorts BESIDES the GF that have fabulous merchandise!! They need to get with the program!

I think I managed to snag a really nice GF luggage tag, which promptly fell off and was gone forever the first time I used it.. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter