Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I figure that's where mine will live whenever the time comes - I have heard of lots of them breaking on the handle.... :lovestruc

Mine happened right away as I think I only used it once (maybe twice) before it broke. I wondered when I bought it how long the handle would last because it just had that look/feel of not too sturdy to handle a lot of wear and tear. I have plenty of WDW mugs that I use regularly, but that's one of my favorites :goodvibes.

It’s definitely a unique store at the resorts! Just another reason Poly & GF are my favorite resorts, I think they have the best shopping. Lots of things you can’t get just anywhere.

I LOVE shopping at the Poly! Boutiki is one of my favorite resort shops (right up there with the one at WL) :).

I have found that there are many resorts BESIDES the GF that have fabulous merchandise!! They need to get with the program!

I think I managed to snag a really nice GF luggage tag, which promptly fell off and was gone forever the first time I used it.. :(

Oh no that stinks and I think the only luggage tag at the GF is for DVC GF. I wanted one and couldn't find anything but the DVC one.

If we were to request a lagoon view, what would be our best room request to maybe glimpse a bit of the castle if we craned our head a certain way? 🤣

I was thinking about requesting Boca Chica, but wasn’t sure what would be best.

For our stay last week, we requested Boca Chica, 4th floor. We wound up in 8431 (which, in my opinion, is now the only acceptable room to stay in. No neck craning to see anything from the balcony. Castle/MK to the left, contemporary straight ahead, poly to the right.

Oh no that stinks and I think the only luggage tag at the GF is for DVC GF. I wanted one and couldn't find anything but the DVC one.
well, this was back in 2016 when we stayed there and I bought the luggage tag - and I don't think it was a DVC one since we didnt join until 2019!

In case anyone else is staying here and/or interested— fireworks preview for CMs tomorrow at 11:30pm. We’ll be watching from the GF!

Booked my first-ever stay at the Grand. Where are the best spots to watch fireworks from the resort? From the marina, by Narcoossee's? :flower3:

Currently on a trek to stay at all the resorts which fell hand in hand with my mom's appreciation of the Grand, her birthday next month and the return of fireworks so we are going to make a girls trip of it next month!

Was able to order a custom cake to be delivered to the room on our 2nd day which will be a nice surprise. Requested Boca Chica for our Outer Building Garden View room a couple of weeks ago via TP. Hoping to net a Citricos reservation tomorrow as well.

There are so many good spots… I like the dock or from the balcony outside of Narcoossee’s after dinner - or as @WishesQueen said, right along the water (in front of Gaspy’s) gives you a great view as well. Enjoy!
Is the Narcoosee's balcony/porch accessible if you aren't eating there?

Is the Narcoosee's balcony/porch accessible if you aren't eating there?

Unfortunately it’s only accessible by restaurant guests. Definitely give it a try if you haven’t yet… beautiful castle view right from your table during dinner, with fireworks following right after dessert… it’s such a great way to end the day!!

Unfortunately it’s only accessible by restaurant guests. Definitely give it a try if you haven’t yet… beautiful castle view right from your table during dinner, with fireworks following right after dessert… it’s such a great way to end the day!!
Thanks. That's what I thought. I remember hanging out there while waiting for our table a few years back. Very peaceful. But our dinner time was a bit early to stick around for the fireworks view. Fortunately, we were staying in a BLT TPV, so we just went back "home" to watch from our balcony.

Happy day.

Magic bands arrived today for our August vacation.

On a side note, with the pandemic restrictions lifting and following the guidelines of when masks are not required and when they are, my question is this...
Has anyone who has received the vaccine had to show proof with their cards?

TY

Also, any future travelers please post any updates on the Monorail (EPCOT). TY

Stay healthy

Happy day.

On a side note, with the pandemic restrictions lifting and following the guidelines of when masks are not required and when they are, my question is this...

TY

Stay healthy

No we didn't have to show anyone anything. I think its against HIPPA laws to ask

Happy day.

TY

Stay healthy

I’m here for the weekend and no one has asked for any proof of vaccine. It’s going on the honor system. I have gotten a lot of chuckles and inquires about my unofficial celebration button from Etsy that says Vaccinated.

Just got back home from a wonderful stay at GF. It was my first time staying there. Our lagoon view room allowed us to view the fireworks from the balcony (Boca Chica, 8439). My son couldn't stay up late enough to see them at the park.
The staff was so friendly and nice. I had a CM offer to bring me to Gaspy's in a cart when it was raining. A CM at the gift shop went out of his way to find a screwdriver and help replace the batteries in my son's bubble wand. We also had a lifeguard at the pool offer toys to my toddler when she realized he was having a tough time acclimating to the water. So glad my son came around and had a wonderful time at the pool and in the cabana rental.
So thankful to this thread in helping me to prepare for our trip. Hoping we can come back to GF in the future.

Attachments

• 20210701_212219.jpg
    20210701_212219.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 32
TY

Did not know if they had the right, to ask for proof of vaccination.

The cruise we are doing in October currently states that all cruisers who are vaccinated are to show their cards. we will get a special notation on our sea pass card and also a bracelet to wear.
Those not vaccinated or those not eligible to be vaccinated have certain restrictions as well as 4 mandatory (not free) testings if they want to start and complete a cruise.
Also those not vaccinated must purchase extra insurance to pay for medical expenses as well as evacuation if needed.

I know this has nothing to do with WDW the cruise guidelines, just sharing what our next getaway entails.

Be safe

Be safe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter