Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

LOL.

Guess my fingers typed faster than usual.

Also, when you end a sentence after a parenthesis you should place a period. (If this is a spelling/grammar clarification).
And to think I was the fourth grade spelling champ, boy times have changed for me.

But as long as you shared your information with me, I greatly appreciate you taking the time.
Like I said, not living in Florida, and not having access to the guidelines of the state, the information provided is very much appreciated.

Be safe.

Yup, my boss likes the period inside of the parentheses. LOL. I like it outside, but forgot about that.

Anyhow, back to the topic of Grand Floridian Resort....I'm still trying to figure out the best building to ask for outer building, garden view, in order to possibly get a theme park view of the fireworks....

You would have the best chance of a sideways view of the fireworks from a garden view room in Sago Key, Sugar Loaf and Conch Cay. We were in Sago Key and overlooked the marina. We would have been able to see half of the fireworks from the balcony. The castle was just out of view from where we were, but if our room was closer to the lagoon, I think we would have had a good view. The outside stairway partially blocked our view.

You would have the best chance of a sideways view of the fireworks from a garden view room in Sago Key, Sugar Loaf and Conch Cay. We were in Sago Key and overlooked the marina. We would have been able to see half of the fireworks from the balcony. The castle was just out of view from where we were, but if our room was closer to the lagoon, I think we would have had a good view. The outside stairway partially blocked our view.

Thanks! I was reading about Boca Chica, but I'm guessing the poster had a theme park view or a water view.

Tim Tracker just put up a vlog from their stay at The Grand Floridian, Conch Key- The Lacaiva Suite.
What a beautiful room.
I was watching that earlier, I thought the suite name began with a W.

All I know is I was happy dancing when I saw the brownie he ordered at Gaspie's, they're made in my home town.
Just google Sweet Street and everything I've had from them is yummy

I was watching that earlier, I thought the suite name began with a W.

All I know is I was happy dancing when I saw the brownie he ordered at Gaspie's, they're made in my home town.
Just google Sweet Street and everything I've had from them is yummy

You're right, I corrected it to Wekiwa suite. Thank you.

Have a reservation at GF for October 2022 for our 40th Anniversary (main bedroom suite). Have been trying to get a CL theme park room for 4 weeks and was told this past Friday they are all booked. A disappointment to say the least. No CL rooms are available in September or October but August and November are available. Seems strange to me.

This upcoming August will be the first time we are doing a car trip to GF.

I will probably want to do one load of wash early in our stay from the road trip.
Do you know how much it is to use the washer and dryer? Also is it coins or credit card pay?

I was wondering has anyone ever did their laundry and then go and set a timer and go back? I do not want to babysit the washer and dryer. I would be close by near the pool or where-ever. Just wondering.

TY

This upcoming August will be the first time we are doing a car trip to GF.

I will probably want to do one load of wash early in our stay from the road trip.
Do you know how much it is to use the washer and dryer? Also is it coins or credit card pay?

I was wondering has anyone ever did their laundry and then go and set a timer and go back? I do not want to babysit the washer and dryer. I would be close by near the pool or where-ever. Just wondering.

TY

WDW resorts use a laundry app so you can see what machines are available and when your wash/dryer cycles are complete. I've used the laundry rooms at both Poly and WL and have always left the laundry room and simply went back when the app indicated my laundry was ready:

https://www.laundryview.com/selectProperty?property=7463https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/laundry-services/

Unfortunately it’s only accessible by restaurant guests. Definitely give it a try if you haven’t yet… beautiful castle view right from your table during dinner, with fireworks following right after dessert… it’s such a great way to end the day!!
Personally I think it’s fortunate that they limit it to restaurant guests. Narcoossee’s balcony is fairly small & even w/ the limitation to restaurant guests your table view is sometimes blocked, if they allowed anyone who wanted to stand on the balcony to do so, all you’d see from inside the restaurant would be the backsides of folks outside blocking your view from inside.
A WDW tradition for me is dinner at Narcoossee’s on our last night. Dec. 2019 everything lined up, we were seated by the window, around desert time the fireworks started and our beautiful view became a bit obstructed when a huge family group descended and ‘camped’ on the balcony outside right in front of ‘our’ window :(, so while it’s nice when you happen to be in Narcoossee’s during fireworks time, beware, your perfect unobstructed table view may become obstructed at the last moment & you may have to go outside if you want to get an unobstructed view.

We are finally approaching a stay that has been delayed several times and I am so excited! This will be our first GF stay. I have a couple questions! We are a family of 4 with an infant and 4 year old.

1) We have a garden view outer building room booked. I am thinking of requesting a quiet, upper floor room, near the walkway to magic kingdom. Any recommendations? Since sugar loaf isn’t club level right now is that something I should consider requesting?

2) what is the best stroller rental company? My 4 year old has not used a stroller in a long time but I am thinking the walk home from magic kingdom may be too much for them after a long day. I’m thinking of renting a double.

3) I have a reservation one night at California grill early (like 5pm). Will it be worth planning for one of us to take the 4 year old back to CG that night to view the fireworks from there? Or is the view from GF good enough that it’s not worth the effort?

4) Can my 4 year old ride on the pool slide in a parents lap? Or would she need to go independently?

We are finally approaching a stay that has been delayed several times and I am so excited! This will be our first GF stay. I have a couple questions! We are a family of 4 with an infant and 4 year old.

1) We have a garden view outer building room booked. I am thinking of requesting a quiet, upper floor room, near the walkway to magic kingdom. Any recommendations? Since sugar loaf isn’t club level right now is that something I should consider requesting?

2) what is the best stroller rental company? My 4 year old has not used a stroller in a long time but I am thinking the walk home from magic kingdom may be too much for them after a long day. I’m thinking of renting a double.

3) I have a reservation one night at California grill early (like 5pm). Will it be worth planning for one of us to take the 4 year old back to CG that night to view the fireworks from there? Or is the view from GF good enough that it’s not worth the effort?

4) Can my 4 year old ride on the pool slide in a parents lap? Or would she need to go independently?

We had a great experience renting from Kingdom Strollers. They came to the resort entrance to drop off and pick up. They were very timely and the stroller was very impeccably clean.

You're right, I corrected it to Wekiwa suite. Thank you.
You're Welcome

On our first stay at the GF waaaaayyyyy back in August 1988 we were Conch, I wanna know if there is a way to find out what our room number was. My guess is that we can't find it out since it was so darn long ago.

Have a reservation at GF for October 2022 for our 40th Anniversary (main bedroom suite). Have been trying to get a CL theme park room for 4 weeks and was told this past Friday they are all booked. A disappointment to say the least. No CL rooms are available in September or October but August and November are available. Seems strange to me.
I was trying to get one for 2022 and couldn't find one either. I was able to grab one for 0ct 1 for 2021 as main building club level. For Oct 2022 i had to go and book boardwalk club level.

We are currently reserved for a lagoon view room September 19-25 under the military discount. I have been calling every day to try to upgrade it to CL with the discount. I keep being told that there is nothing available using the discount. I know only so many rooms are blocked for this specific discount; however, it doesn't seem as if they are offering any discount for CL at that time. I understand that our stay it literally days after CL reopens and I am holding out hope that we will be able to get it. I guess I am more voicing my sadness than asking a question at this point. We are planning our Disney Fairytale Wedding for Sept 2022 so we are trying to be more "cost friendly" or I would have went ahead and upgraded us with the standard cost already.

1) We have a garden view outer building room booked. I am thinking of requesting a quiet, upper floor room, near the walkway to magic kingdom. Any recommendations?
The closest building to the MK walkway is Sago Key. The path begins right at the end of the building. It is also close to the bus stop and Gasparillas.
is the view from GF good enough that it’s not worth the effort?
The view from the GF is great because you can see the castle and the fireworks are properly centered. There is a great view from the boat dock, too. They pipe in the music outside of Gasparillas.

The view from the Contemporary is sideways to the fireworks, so even though you can see lots of fireworks, they are scattered all over.

I think the fireworks view from GF is much nicer than from CR. :)

What are the standard views in the Main Building CL? Are they the normal parking lot views? I have never stayed at GF. I'm usually an Epcot resorts girl. Thanks.

I’ve looked and looked and can’t find my evidence that gallons of water are available in the shops on site. I’m doing a 2/4 split Pop/GFlo and YouTube is only finding me liter containers of Dasani.
Can anyone there confirm?
If no gallons are available I’ll have to get grocery delivery. If gallons are available then I can skip grocery delivery. I drink A LOT of water and those tiny 1liter bottles won’t cut it.
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions through the thread. I haven’t chatted much but I’ve read and read.

What are the standard views in the Main Building CL? Are they the normal parking lot views? I have never stayed at GF. I'm usually an Epcot resorts girl. Thanks.

No, none of the main building views face parking lots. They can be looking at different parts of resort/pools/grounds - but I’d venture to say there literally isn’t a bad view from any main building room, no matter which way you’re facing. It’s one of the nice things about main building - not much to worry about!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter