Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Can any one tell me if the standard rooms at the GF have a frig and coffee maker? If so, what type of filter does the coffeemaker use? We leave next week...so excited to stay here!! TIA!!

Can any one tell me if the standard rooms at the GF have a frig and coffee maker? If so, what type of filter does the coffeemaker use? We leave next week...so excited to stay here!! TIA!!
The coffee maker is a Keurig which uses k-cups. They supply the k-cups and will bring more if you request them.

There is a frig but it doesn't have a freezer compartment.

Last edited:

Random dining thoughts - had never been to Citricos so don’t have a comparison of old vs new. But had two meals there over the past week - the first was so good I stalked for reservations to go again!

Really beautiful space, great service, food was fantastic. The view looking out over the GF is so lovely and makes for such a nice setting. I frankly have never given Citricos much thought/attention, but it has suddenly elevated to a high spot for Disney dining on our list, IMO.

Random dining thoughts - had never been to Citricos so don’t have a comparison of old vs new. But had two meals there over the past week - the first was so good I stalked for reservations to go again!

Really beautiful space, great service, food was fantastic. The view looking out over the GF is so lovely and makes for such a nice setting. I frankly have never given Citricos much thought/attention, but it has suddenly elevated to a high spot for Disney dining on our list, IMO.

THANKS for this glowing report!

Any recommendations for a family with somewhat picky eaters (mine are teens)?

Well, like some ‘nicer’ places the menu isn’t all that deep, so better check the menu. I would also say the portions aren’t that big, so it’s a good place to get some apps and maybe plan for dessert too. It’s definitely more about fine food thoughtfully prepared than walking away stuffed, IMO.

I got the Tilefish both nights and it was 👍👍👍. My picky DS just got the filet with none of the sides or sauce (it normally comes with a mashed potato puree, broccolini, and a sauce). Looked so lonely on the plate all alone. 🤣

The people next to us one night got the Cobia and it looked so good. Bigger portion than the Tilefish.

For apps, we got the Pork Belly (picky DS tried a bit of it) and I got the Hamachi, mainly since I didn’t know what hamachi was so wanted to try it - but if you like raw fish/sushi, it’s awesome.

Seemed like they could definitely work with you a bit on the menu if needed. I will say, there were a ton of kids/tweens there, despite the ‘fancier’ vibe of the place and menu.

The new Citricos was not open when we visited, but we did eat at other signature restaurants. I just requested a double portion of a kid‘s menu item which then ended up coming with double sides for my picky teen at both California Grill and Topolino‘s. He was very happy to not have things on his plate he would not eat.

Our 2 ADR days are coming up soon and we are starting to put together our list of must dos...Citricos looks like it will go on there, so many rave reviews about the new menu. I just hope the walkway between Poly and GF will be open.

Our 2 ADR days are coming up soon and we are starting to put together our list of must dos...Citricos looks like it will go on there, so many rave reviews about the new menu. I just hope the walkway between Poly and GF will be open.

I read on another thread the walkway is already open. (ETA: HERE is one of the posts.) Good luck getting your ADR’s. Hope you get what you want.

Last edited:

Yeah, as PP noted it’s open again.

There is still a pretty large section of the old brick paver things that would seem like they will replace eventually, but no signs of any additional pending construction at the moment.

Well, like some ‘nicer’ places the menu isn’t all that deep, so better check the menu. I would also say the portions aren’t that big, so it’s a good place to get some apps and maybe plan for dessert too. It’s definitely more about fine food thoughtfully prepared than walking away stuffed, IMO.

I got the Tilefish both nights and it was 👍👍👍. My picky DS just got the filet with none of the sides or sauce (it normally comes with a mashed potato puree, broccolini, and a sauce). Looked so lonely on the plate all alone. 🤣

The people next to us one night got the Cobia and it looked so good. Bigger portion than the Tilefish.

For apps, we got the Pork Belly (picky DS tried a bit of it) and I got the Hamachi, mainly since I didn’t know what hamachi was so wanted to try it - but if you like raw fish/sushi, it’s awesome.

Seemed like they could definitely work with you a bit on the menu if needed. I will say, there were a ton of kids/tweens there, despite the ‘fancier’ vibe of the place and menu.
The new Citricos was not open when we visited, but we did eat at other signature restaurants. I just requested a double portion of a kid‘s menu item which then ended up coming with double sides for my picky teen at both California Grill and Topolino‘s. He was very happy to not have things on his plate he would not eat.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm guessing my kids wouldn't mind the filet, but there's no way they would leave off mashed potatoes. And one of them is crazy about sushi, so the Hamachi could be a winner. How much food was there as an appetizer? But I'm sure at least one of the three wouldn't mind something from the kids menu, if they'll work with her on that.

I watched a video review and saw several things I want to try. Looking forward to our trip next month.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm guessing my kids wouldn't mind the filet, but there's no way they would leave off mashed potatoes. And one of them is crazy about sushi, so the Hamachi could be a winner. How much food was there as an appetizer? But I'm sure at least one of the three wouldn't mind something from the kids menu, if they'll work with her on that.

I watched a video review and saw several things I want to try. Looking forward to our trip next month.
California grill was willing to work with us on the sides on the adult filet, they would have replaced them with more kid friendly ones. It just made more sense from his palates perspective and cost to get a large portion of the kids version which was also filet. Service and knowledge about substitutions and (food allergies which we were also dealing with on top of pickiness) from the waitstaff were stellar at the 2 signature restaurants we went to. I’m sure Citricos will be very similar and accommodating. We ate there before the remodel and I was sad we were missing the reopening by a few days.

California grill was willing to work with us on the sides on the adult filet, they would have replaced them with more kid friendly ones. It just made more sense from his palates perspective and cost to get a large portion of the kids version which was also filet. Service and knowledge about substitutions and (food allergies which we were also dealing with on top of pickiness) from the waitstaff were stellar at the 2 signature restaurants we went to. I’m sure Citricos will be very similar and accommodating. We ate there before the remodel and I was sad we were missing the reopening by a few days.

Narcoosee’s is also very accommodating. The picky eater is me, though, in my case. The filet comes with seasonal vegetables, mashed potatoes and a red wine sauce of some sort (which is excellent by the way.) I ask for roasted potatoes instead of mashed, no veggies, everything to be laid out separately on the plate (HATE when food is stacked on top of each other!), and the red wine sauce on the side pretty much every time we dine there. I’m sure they love me there 😬

I’m curious… Are you permitted to wear flip flops at Citricos? 🤔🙃

Getting excited for our vacation in just under 4 weeks.

Keep sharing all your information.

Been a few years since we stayed here, having traveled across to the Contemporary.

Cannot wait for pool time as well as relaxing at night in the hot tubs.

Take care

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter