Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Citricos wasn't open when we stayed at GF last two trips, but did try Narcossees' and it was excellent. GF Cafe is always great too.

I am glad that Citircos sounds so good as we have reservations there during our August trip.

Pre-pandemic…Citrico’s is in my top 5 signature dining restaurants (along with Tiffin’s, California Grill, Jiko, Narcossee’s). Note: I haven’t had a chance to try Takumi-Tei yet). And if you forced me to rank, I think Citrico’s and Tiffin’s would battle for the top 2 spots.

Our small kids (ages ranges from 4 - 10 at the times we went) have eaten at Citrico’s twice. I wouldn’t call them overly picky eaters, but they are not adventurous eaters either. They had plenty options for them and of course made the kids feel special.

I cannot wait to try the new version of Citrico’s at some point.

I’m excited to hear all the Citrico’s love. I made reservations for my September trip. It will be four adults, three toddlers and a baby. People always consider me a ‘Disney expert’ as I am sure is the same for all of you on this site. Lots of friends and family join us at Disney and I am the planner. I always feel if something is disappointing everyone looks at me (they really don’t it’s just in my head). I’m glad to hear the great Citricos reviews.

Just curious is anyone knows if any of the GF table service restaurants are allowing “to-go” / takeout orders. I would really like to get takeout from Citrico’s, Narcossees, or even GF cafe.

Just curious is anyone knows if any of the GF table service restaurants are allowing “to-go” / takeout orders. I would really like to get takeout from Citrico’s, Narcossees, or even GF cafe.
I did not see Mobile order available for any table service GF restaurants while we were there.

I did not see Mobile order available for any table service GF restaurants while we were there.
Thanks - but just to be clear…I was not asking about mobile order. I was asking if they do takeout. As in, order food at the bar or hostess stand and take the food back to your room in to-go containers.

We ordered dinner "to-go" from GF Cafe twice during our trip this past May. We placed our order with the hostess and she took our cell phone number, almost as if we were waiting to receive a text that our table was ready. Then we got a text when the food was ready and we went back and picked it up. It was a really nice option (we had a 1 bedroom villa, so we ate food at our table as a family.) I hope they continue to allow it as an option in the future. It is not advertised and did not seem to be widely known (and I have no idea if it's only due to the pandemic or if it's always been an option if you ask.) I also think some of the food from GF Cafe is available on the room service menu (but not all), but this was more affordable and also pretty quick. Hope that helps!

If this answer was already posted, bear with me.

Is Gasparillos sit down or carry out only???

TY
It is cafeteria style with tables inside and outside, but due to COVID, the food area where normally you would look at food options (see inside the dessert case, etc) is closed off. You instead look at a menu on your phone, and either mobile order, or we were able to order something quick (coffee) directly from the cashier.

Question: does anyone know anything about the following room class: Outer Bldg-1 BR-Park View - I'm assuming it's a 1 bedroom suite, but I wasn't aware of any Outer Building 1 bedroom suites that have a park view. I can't seem to find any information online.

Question: does anyone know anything about the following room class: Outer Bldg-1 BR-Park View - I'm assuming it's a 1 bedroom suite, but I wasn't aware of any Outer Building 1 bedroom suites that have a park view. I can't seem to find any information online.

Yep, that’s a 1-BR Suite. There are 1-BRs located on the ends of Sago Key and Conch Key that face MK, so should be one of those buildings.

I see a poster commented already. However the villa side is pack in plays the hotel side has cribs. One trip I saw 2 different ones in Sugal Loaf. I am going to see if I still have the pictures. BRB

BView attachment 592358View attachment 592359
Thank you. We're staying on the villas side so I don't think we'll be able to get a crib. I actually bought a little pack n play mattress for my son so he would be more comfy on the pack n play.

Anyone been recently enough to know if most of the rooms have a Keurig by now?
Stayed in June. The room had a pod coffee maker. The kind where you press the button on the top, the lid flips up and you pour in your water, then press down the water lid and the pod holder pops open, you put in the pod, close it, then press blue "start" button to brew. . So... a pod coffee maker for sure, but I'm not sure if it was a Keurig (but I think it was).

Stayed in June. The room had a pod coffee maker. The kind where you press the button on the top, the lid flips up and you pour in your water, then press down the water lid and the pod holder pops open, you put in the pod, close it, then press blue "start" button to brew. . So... a pod coffee maker for sure, but I'm not sure if it was a Keurig (but I think it was).
Yep Keurig !
You can ask maid in hall for more or call housekeeping.

I'm doing a somewhat last minute long weekend trip at the very end of (dreaded) August with a group of 8 including my adult niece and her 2 children. I say dreaded August, because ugh... the heat/humidity... not my cup of tea. However, this particular weekend was prompted by my niece based on her availability. We've done a couple of trips together in the past, and I do love going with the little kids. For this trip, I've reserved a Poolside Patio at the Beaches pool for a Saturday after a late Boo Bash Friday night. While I prefer the Courtyard pool, I know that my niece and her kids usually go to the Beaches pool. It'll be my first ever Poolside Patio experience. I'm interested to see what I think of it. (I did try to get a Cabana, but none were available)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter