Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We check in tomorrow and we got a welcome email from Disney that states:

We have the information you provided within the Online Check-In Service and you’re still eligible to use the Direct-to-Room service upon arrival. If your 11:59 PM estimated arrival time has changed, please update via Online Check-In. Providing an accurate ETA will allow us to try to have your room available when you arrive, when possible. We’ll send you room status updates when it gets closer to your arrival time

Ummm...no where did I tell them that we are arriving in at 11:59PM. When I go to Online Check-In, there's no way for me to alter the time because it just says Disney's Magical Express. There is no edit button. We're flying in from MA in the morning and our plane lands at 8:50am! Is this just a normal email from Disney that is just a little messed up?

Edit: Caught someone on DVC chat and they said that is the time it defaults too when no time is put down.
I kept getting emails /texts to change my time as well. However there isn’t a way to do that other than calling and the lines have been 90mins up.

If I dont get a text I just go to check in desk. I think all my trips 2021 my room has not been ready. Verses 2020 ones were all ready early.

We received these as well before each of our resorts during our split stay a few weeks ago! I was shocked, since I did take the time to do online check-in, and did put an early morning arrival time for both resorts. I quickly went on the app with each text and just reentered our arrival time. Either way, our rooms were not ready till afternoon. Hope you have a great trip! Please take pictures for us!
I will! Hoping we don’t get rained out of our cabanas.

I kept getting emails /texts to change my time as well. However there isn’t a way to do that other than calling and the lines have been 90mins up.

If I dont get a text I just go to check in desk. I think all my trips 2021 my room has not been ready. Verses 2020 ones were all ready early.
I’m hoping we don’t get it too late. My LO can def use some quiet time in the room.

I put in a time when I did my online check in a couple months ago. I put 1PM. Didn’t make a difference tho, room wasn’t ready until close to 4PM. I told my daughter that the rooms with extra pixie dust take the longest. Sure enough, here I sit on my balcony with a view of the marina and space mountain from my 4th floor turret room with the extra seating area. I’m in Sago Cay.
We booked an outer building garden view, and technically that’s what this is, but it’s GOT to be the nicest room in this class.
I’m so glad that the long wait paid off in THE swankiest room in the class of room I paid for.

sorry for another “online check in question“. My party has booked two separate rooms (it was a bit of a “hey can we come too?” situation) we are really hoping for connecting rooms, and called to get it added as a request to the reservation. Should we use online check in? Or go to the front desk at check in and see what they can do?

sorry for another “online check in question“. My party has booked two separate rooms (it was a bit of a “hey can we come too?” situation) we are really hoping for connecting rooms, and called to get it added as a request to the reservation. Should we use online check in? Or go to the front desk at check in and see what they can do?

I would still do the online check in, but do not make any room location requests. When you arrive, visit the desk and let them know you made a request, at the time of your reservation, for connecting rooms. Hopefully they can accommodate you. Good luck! 🤞🏻

We just got back from a ten day stay and the first half was at the VGF. We had a lovely lake view 2br. Everything was immaculate and staff was wonderful.
We had dinner at Citricos and Narcoosees and they were two of the best meals we have ever had on property. The new Citricos is beautiful with a very subtle allusion to Mary Poppins. We love seafood and the Cobia and Tilefish were delicious. The service was excellent-as was our server at Narcoosees. Another wonderful meal.
If you’re staying at the GF I can’t recommend these two restaurants enough.

We just got back from a ten day stay and the first half was at the VGF. We had a lovely lake view 2br. Everything was immaculate and staff was wonderful.
We had dinner at Citricos and Narcoosees and they were two of the best meals we have ever had on property. The new Citricos is beautiful with a very subtle allusion to Mary Poppins. We love seafood and the Cobia and Tilefish were delicious. The service was excellent-as was our server at Narcoosees. Another wonderful meal.
If you’re staying at the GF I can’t recommend these two restaurants enough.

I’m glad you had a great trip! I haven’t been able to shake our wonderful Citricos experience from my brain since we’ve been back. I keep scheming for ways to go back on our next trip. I’m not usually one for DIS hyperbole, but the food, service, and beautiful setting were truly top notch - in my opinion.

I’m glad you had a great trip! I haven’t been able to shake our wonderful Citricos experience from my brain since we’ve been back. I keep scheming for ways to go back on our next trip. I’m not usually one for DIS hyperbole, but the food, service, and beautiful setting were truly top notch - in my opinion.

Did you like it better than Narcoossee’s?? 🤔

I couldn't agree more. We have been going since it was built. I save it now for very special occasions.

…Said the guy who wore flip flops there! 😝

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!!

I kid!! I kkkiiiddd!! …maybe. 😉🙃

Last edited:
I put in a time when I did my online check in a couple months ago. I put 1PM. Didn’t make a difference tho, room wasn’t ready until close to 4PM. I told my daughter that the rooms with extra pixie dust take the longest.
I got news for ya: I've gotten NO requests and my room is still not ready until 4pm-6pm.

My party has booked two separate rooms (it was a bit of a “hey can we come too?” situation) we are really hoping for connecting rooms, and called to get it added as a request to the reservation. Should we use online check in? Or go to the front desk at check in and see what they can do?
Regardless, I would go to the front desk (before you go to the room) and if you didn't get what you wanted, ask if there is anything they can do.

Just finished our 10 day out pre-paperwork.

Getting very exited now

GF here we come

Still only confused about some things, which I posted about pages back.

We are driving.
1. How does the entrance to MK know you are going to GF and not make you pay for entering?
2. When you get to GF, does the gate man just let you drive to the check in area.
And
3. If your room not ready will they hold your luggage, and give you a parking pass for your car to park?

TY

Just finished our 10 day out pre-paperwork.

Getting very exited now

GF here we come

Still only confused about some things, which I posted about pages back.

We are driving.
1. How does the entrance to MK know you are going to GF and not make you pay for entering?
2. When you get to GF, does the gate man just let you drive to the check in area.
And
3. If your room not ready will they hold your luggage, and give you a parking pass for your car to park?

TY

How exciting! I’ll respond to each question…

Yes, they will ask to scan your MB (some ask for ID as well) and should see your reservation. You can pull straight ahead where someone will help you take your luggage out. They will store it for you and give you a ticket. Just call down to Bell Services when you get to your room and give them the number on your ticket. They typically bring them up pretty quickly. There are no more parking passes.

Hope you have a great time! Please take pictures for us!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter