Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Splash pad at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort closing for refurbishment late February 2022

The closure begins February 21 through February 28, reopening to guests on March 1 2022.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We literally are arriving the 22nd mainly to use this!!!! I can't even believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My four year old son is going to be heartbroken. He has had his eyes on this splash pad for 2 years- half his little life. He has a whole plan of attack for this thing. :( I literally feel like crying right now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*updated to add* Made a friend with some seriously strong pixie dust and my little man will be able to have some splash pad time the day before closure 😍
#disneyfriendarethebestfriends

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We literally are arriving the 22nd mainly to use this!!!! I can't even believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My four year old son is going to be heartbroken. He has had his eyes on this splash pad for 2 years- half his little life. He has a whole plan of attack for this thing. :( I literally feel like crying right now.

Yeah, as big users of kids splash areas, especially this one, the relatively short timing of this announcement would have me feeling some kind of way. I know sometimes things happen, but Disney is usually much better about pool refurb announcements.

To focus on something positive - I hope you can find other ways to find fun and adventure during your trip. Maybe the kids area at Typhoon Lagoon?

Yeah, as big users of kids splash areas, especially this one, the relatively short timing of this announcement would have me feeling some kind of way. I know sometimes things happen, but Disney is usually much better about pool refurb announcements.

To focus on something positive - I hope you can find other ways to find fun and adventure during your trip. Maybe the kids area at Typhoon Lagoon?
See if Poly is avail.

Thank you, definitely bummed- I haven't told my son yet. We actually arrive at the Grand 21st, the 22nd was a typo. We will be at GDT for the 19th and 20th though, so I am *hoping* maybe they will make an exception and allow him a day pass on the 20th to get a few trips down the slide and hat bucket dumps in. I tried calling Disney last night to inquire about this- on hold 2 hours until 10:30 when I gave up. Very romantic way to spend V Day. 😂 We celebrated the day before though so it was okay. So I just danced to the hold music while I cleaned my house after the kids went to bed. Bummed I never got through. Tried Disney chat on the website today but the person I got said they weren't authorized to help with this and were not able to reach out to the hotel to inquire. So back to the hold line at some point today. 🤪

Last edited:
I originally had a theme park view main building room, but then saw standard room become available. Does anyone know which rooms I should request that would show me me magic kingdom and the room has 2 queen beds and 1 day bed with it from standard category?

I received a notice today that starting 3/1/22 GF will undergo refurbishment. Does anyone have insights to what this refers to? I thought perhaps the big pine key renovation, but was unsure. Depending on what this is, I may change my room request (conch key currently).

I received a notice today that starting 3/1/22 GF will undergo refurbishment. Does anyone have insights to what this refers to? I thought perhaps the big pine key renovation, but was unsure. Depending on what this is, I may change my room request (conch key currently).

I’d assume the same. They are slated to begin work early this year and due to open this summer. Please let us know if they give you any further details. Conch Key is great!! Enjoy it!

I originally had a theme park view main building room, but then saw standard room become available. Does anyone know which rooms I should request that would show me me magic kingdom and the room has 2 queen beds and 1 day bed with it from standard category?
The TPV rooms are over the marina section with good views of MK. Well CR and Poly views are better but for gf it’s good.
Std has 2 types. One is the rooms facing poly and they are overlooking the lobby . 4x23-28. They have a wet bar which isn’t in other rooms. The others are 4x13-18. 4x17-18 have a partial fireworks view.
There is a 3rd floor balcony from the main building with decent views of fireworks but going down to marina is better.
There is a 2nd elevator just past 4x13 that goes down to Gaspies quick service and marina.

What are the rooms in dark red? Where do you suggest is best for a lagoon view?
That was the room I had that trip. You can see that map on touring plans site. Someone just took time to add numbers;

I love the 4x23-28. Poly is my fav so seeing it is awesome. I enjoy walking out room to the lobby below as well. 4x15-18 probably closest to food area if that matters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter