Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Wondering if those daybeds will make their way to cast connection soon... Ill have to get my brother in law's brother on the lookout 😂 My 4 YO son was obsessed with his "bed" in Feb (at least for half the night until he crawled back into ours lol).

I follow an FB page for a store(Forever Vintage) that sells resort used stuff and saw that some GF furniture was posted with a coming soon message. They'll be open tomorrow Thursday March 10, I'm assuming the new merchandise will be available then.

I really like the look of the new rooms. Upscale updated but still kinda has that turn or the century vibe

Are the new rooms photos the DVC rooms? I assume the regular resort room refurb will look different? Thank you! :)

Yes, those are the ”coming soon” new DVC rooms in Big Pine Key! I’d assume the resort rooms would have a different look, but we do not have any information on them yet!
Thank you! The regular rooms are soooo in need of a refurb! But these are beautiful.

Not sure if this has been covered yet, but does the Sugar Loaf club level have a re-opening date?

I actually spoke to my DVC guide the other day and honestly, we talked more about Club Level than DVC!!! Anyway, I did ask him if SL will return and he was pretty quick to respond he didn’t believe so. Obviously, that’s one person in a huge company, though. I haven’t heard anything about it other than that.

I follow an FB page for a store(Forever Vintage) that sells resort used stuff and saw that some GF furniture was posted with a coming soon message. They'll be open tomorrow Thursday March 10, I'm assuming the new merchandise will be available then.

Cool, thanks!

Here is part of the email I received from the convention folks. Again, nothing I say is "official", it's coming from the folks I deal with for my conventions. This is from December 2021

"Grand Floridian is going to be starting a new room renovation project soon. She did not have exact dates, but it will start prior to your event in December. They will renovate one building at a time so no guests will be placed in a building that are under renovation, so other than seeing some renovation activity like movement of materials to and from buildings there is no impact to our guests in respect to renovations.

As part of the renovation plan, the Sugarloaf Building that has been a concierge building in the past, will no longer be a concierge building. Their data shows that they do not receive enough requests for that many concierge rooms so they are limiting inventory to match their demand. Suites in the outer buildings will have access to the main building concierge lounge."

So the regular rooms will be renovated after the DVC with Big Pine Key right? And does anyone know if they are renovating any main areas like Gasprilla?

From what I've heard from my convention contacts is that Sugar Loaf won't be Club Level anymore. They will still have the suites in the building, but they'll have to go to FPC to get their club perks. Not sure if that's what you're asking.

yikes- the lounge can get so crowded just with people staying in the main building....can't imagine adding more guests from Sugar Loaf into the mix

Wondering if those daybeds will make their way to cast connection soon... Ill have to get my brother in law's brother on the lookout 😂 My 4 YO son was obsessed with his "bed" in Feb (at least for half the night until he crawled back into ours lol).

Just saw THIS VIDEO on TikTok… looks like Forever Vintage received some pieces! Doesn’t hurt to call!

I can't find good pictures of the deluxe king rooms. Can anyone tell me, are these just larger rooms with an area for sitting similar to the layout of the deluxe rooms at Beach Club and Boardwalk, or are they similar to the deluxe rooms at Wilderness Lodge which have the sitting area and the bedroom totally separated from one another by a wall with a door?

yikes- the lounge can get so crowded just with people staying in the main building....can't imagine adding more guests from Sugar Loaf into the mix
If I was reading an earlier post correctly, the Main Building lounge will be made available to Outer Building suite guests. I don’t think Sugar Loaf folks will be added to the lounge as that building is no longer concierge level. I could be quite wrong, but I don’t think the RPC lounge will be much squeezier than during regular busy periods.

I can't find good pictures of the deluxe king rooms. Can anyone tell me, are these just larger rooms with an area for sitting similar to the layout of the deluxe rooms at Beach Club and Boardwalk, or are they similar to the deluxe rooms at Wilderness Lodge which have the sitting area and the bedroom totally separated from one another by a wall with a door?

Hey there! Just did a search and came across these pics. Hope it helps!

DELUXE KING ROOM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter