• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Hey guys! Weā€™ve just booked an Outer Building Theme Park View room for the 4th & 5th July next year and Iā€™m just wondering what kind of view we should expect from that since weā€™ve never stayed there before and have no idea of the layout?

This is our first time staying at a Disney Resort since 2001 and weā€™ve only stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort back then so the Floridan as a resort guest is all new to us so any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys! Weā€™ve just booked an Outer Building Theme Park View room for the 4th & 5th July next year and Iā€™m just wondering what kind of view we should expect from that since weā€™ve never stayed there before and have no idea of the layout?

This is our first time staying at a Disney Resort since 2001 and weā€™ve only stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort back then so the Floridan as a resort guest is all new to us so any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
GF Outer Building Theme Park View over the 4th of July - sounds like you're in for an excellent stay!! I love staying at the GF. It's a beautiful property. The Outer Building TPV rooms have a great view of the Magic Kingdom across Seven Seas Lagoon. Watching fireworks from your balcony will be awesome. The only "heads up" item I can think of for that time of year would be to be sure to bring bug spray. Mosquitos can be pretty crazy, especially out on the balcony by the lake. I remember watching fireworks from the balcony at Narcoosee's one night and having to share my bug spray with some poor souls who had forgotten theirs. Have a great trip!

Mainly just keep watching this thread. Pix and info will pop up when relevant.

BC is a nice building for TPV rooms. There are some at the ends of Sago and Conch. Basically if you face the castle at GF thats a TPV. Rooms facing lagoon or poly without castle are lagoon view.

If you look back a little bit the pix I took of the EWP was from BC stairs facing water which would be the view from that building.

4th at GF is fun! Enjoy

Last edited:
We have wedding to get to coming Thursday and we are staying at Coronado Springs.

What would be the best way to get to the Wedding Pavilion?

Thank You

We have wedding to get to coming Thursday and we are staying at Coronado Springs.

Thank You

If I were wearing very dressy clothes, Iā€™d probably Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van over. If comfortable taking Disney transportation, bus to MK then monorail to GF. From the monorail station, go down to ground level, exit out the front door, and turn left. The Wedding Pavilion is just a short walk past the DVC VGF building.

If I were wearing very dressy clothes, Iā€™d probably Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van over. If comfortable taking Disney transportation, bus to MK then monorail to GF. From the monorail station, go down to ground level, exit out the front door, and turn left. The Wedding Pavilion is just a short walk past the DVC VGF building.
Thank you.

Thank You

You can bus to the Magic Kingdom and then take the resort boat, monorail, or the walking path over to the Grand Floridian.

Or you could pay for a ride share service - Uber or Lyft (Disney's Minnie Van service is operated through Lyft).

I agree with prior advice. If it were me and I were super dressed up or in heels, I might pay for the Minnie Van. Otherwise, if just nicely dressed up and no heels/sore feet to worry about, I'd probably just bus and boat over.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/minnie-van-service/

Can we speculate about the timeline for the lobby refurbishment? What are your guesses? Do we think they will wait until the rest of the buildings are completed before doing the main building? I was wondering whether they would refurbish Sugar Loaf and then move any RPC bookings there while they redo those rooms...but I know they never brought back the Sugar Loaf lounge post COVID, so wasn't even sure if it would remain after refurbishment. In my mind, Christmas is a big deal for the GF so I could only imagine that whatever they do would need to be completed prior to Nov 23. I was thinking maybe they'd start on the lobby mid-late January of 23, after the gingerbread house and tree are down. However I forgot about the Easter cottage...so maybe after that? Which would also possibly give them enough time to finish up the remaining outer buildings... There has got to be some type of alternate plan for 1900 Park Fare and the Tea Room at this point; I can't see why else they'd still remain closed all this time. And with the Boardwalk refresh news I'm wondering if the GF will get a dedicated coffee shop at a minimum - maybe an ice cream/dessert place as well?

Last edited:
What is everyone's favorite building to stay in at the GF? We have garden view rooms booked but don't which building to request. We are a party of 7 so we have two rooms.

Oh this is tricky. I am still curious what will happen. TBDā€¦.
Can we speculate about the timeline for the lobby refurbishment? What are your guesses? Do we think they will wait until the rest of the buildings are completed before doing the main building? I was wondering whether they would refurbish Sugar Loaf and then move any RPC bookings there while they redo those rooms...but I know they never brought back the Sugar Loaf lounge post COVID, so wasn't even sure if it would remain after refurbishment. In my mind, Christmas is a big deal for the GF so I could only imagine that whatever they do would be need to be completed prior to Nov 23. I was thinking maybe they'd start on the lobby mid-late January of 23, after the gingerbread house and tree are down. However I forgot about the Easter cottage...so maybe after that? Which would also possibly give them enough time to finish up the remaining outer buildings... There has got to be some type of alternate plan for 1900 Park Fare and the Tea Room at this point; I can't see why else they'd still remain closed all this time. And with the Boardwalk refresh news I'm wondering if the GF will get a dedicated coffee shop at a minimum - maybe an ice cream/dessert place as well?
What is everyone's favorite building to stay in at the GF? We have garden view rooms booked but don't which building to request. We are a party of 7 so we have two rooms.
Ask for Boca Chica. Itā€™s currently the only building remodeled. If c0ming later next year watch to see which buildings done vs not done.

I had the new room in November and itā€™s gorgeous!

Last edited:

Ask for Boca Chica. Itā€™s currently the only building remodeled. If c0ming later next year watch to see which buildings done vs not done.

I had the new room in November and itā€™s gorgeous!
I agree with Trishā€™s idea. Boca Chica has the remodelled rooms. It is also very convenient for the Courtyard (quieter) Pool, yet not too far from important things such as the Boat Dock, Narcoosseeā€™s, Gasparrillaā€™s and the Main Building. I hope you have a wonderful stay!

Can we speculate about the timeline for the lobby refurbishment? What are your guesses? Do we think they will wait until the rest of the buildings are completed before doing the main building? I was wondering whether they would refurbish Sugar Loaf and then move any RPC bookings there while they redo those rooms...but I know they never brought back the Sugar Loaf lounge post COVID, so wasn't even sure if it would remain after refurbishment. In my mind, Christmas is a big deal for the GF so I could only imagine that whatever they do would need to be completed prior to Nov 23. I was thinking maybe they'd start on the lobby mid-late January of 23, after the gingerbread house and tree are down. However I forgot about the Easter cottage...so maybe after that? Which would also possibly give them enough time to finish up the remaining outer buildings... There has got to be some type of alternate plan for 1900 Park Fare and the Tea Room at this point; I can't see why else the And with the Boardwalk refresh news I'm wondering if the GF will get a dedicated coffee shop at a minimum - maybe an ice cream/dessert place as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter