Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Getting ready for my 60 days next week and looking to book 2 days of cabanas. Does anyone know if they will apply the DVC discount if I call the WDW-PLAY line at 7 instead of waiting for DVC MS to open at 8? Last time we booked them, WDW-PLAY couldn't apply the discount and I ended up having to ask the cabana CM who applied the discount for us the day of.
I’m pretty sure they asked me about it when I called. FYI, the first person I called said they were only bookable at 60 days, not 60+ anything.

Does anyone have an updated fax number or recommended way to contact GF to make a room request? Just wanted to request one of the refurbished rooms in any building since it's our first ever stay here. Their fax number no longer appears to be functioning :( I guess best option is just to call Disney directly and put in the request that way?

Does anyone have an updated fax number or recommended way to contact GF to make a room request? Just wanted to request one of the refurbished rooms in any building since it's our first ever stay here. Their fax number no longer appears to be functioning :( I guess best option is just to call Disney directly and put in the request that way?

None of the resorts accept faxes any more for room requests, calling Disney is going to be your only option unless you have a Touring Plans subscription. They have specific email addresses for the resorts and will send your request 30 days out from check in through their service.

None of the resorts accept faxes any more for room requests, calling Disney is going to be your only option unless you have a Touring Plans subscription. They have specific email addresses for the resorts and will send your request 30 days out from check in through their service.
Thank you! I didn't realize that. I'll make a call this afternoon.

All rooms available are refurbished rooms. The ones that are not are currently under construction. Only the main building club level rooms are not renovated yet so if you haven’t booked club you’re guaranteed a new room

As Kylenne said, we use Touring Plans. I got confirmation this morning that my request for May had been submitted on my behalf.
If you don't mind I have to ask you how to do this. I have a membership with Touring Plans and every trip I try to request a Garden View King Bed room it shows one room in Sago Kay. What am I doing wrong? I know thats not try and it usually works out that we get one without Touring Plans but I do pay for the membership, I would love to use it for a room request

If you don't mind I have to ask you how to do this. I have a membership with Touring Plans and every trip I try to request a Garden View King Bed room it shows one room in Sago Kay. What am I doing wrong? I know thats not try and it usually works out that we get one without Touring Plans but I do pay for the membership, I would love to use it for a room request
I just did a dummy test and I get the same result!

Touring Plans often takes a long time to update the room finder and I find especially with the king rooms it's not always accurate. It is possible to edit your request once you select a room, so what I would do is add to the box why you picked it, in order of preference. So like "First preference is for a king in Sago Kay, but will take anything in Sago if a king is not available." It helps the room assigners understand why you want a certain room. That's what I tend to do, and I find that it helps.

Touring Plans often takes a long time to update the room finder and I find especially with the king rooms it's not always accurate. It is possible to edit your request once you select a room, so what I would do is add to the box why you picked it, in order of preference. So like "First preference is for a king in Sago Kay, but will take anything in Sago if a king is not available." It helps the room assigners understand why you want a certain room. That's what I tend to do, and I find that it helps.
Thanks so much, I'll give it a try

Any signs of the walkway being opened? Will be there in 2 weeks and would love to make that walk!
Probably will not be done. The walkway is in the path of where construction people need to access Sago for refurb.

Dd and I have used the walkway many times. Unfortunately there is parking area adjacent that would be the easiest way for construction people enter for that section.

Good news mono is 1st stop TO MK and boat is 1st stop back👍

I’m here now and it doesn’t look like it’s ready to be opened yet. I think they won’t until they finish the construction on the building next to it.
Can you let us know how Sugar Loaf is looking? I keep seeing photos of Sago Cay progress online but nothing about Sugar Loaf. Does it look to be almost finished?

We just returned yesterday 4/22. Sugar Loaf looks complete but they told us at the front desk that there are doing the finishing touches and final room inventory. Looking in the windows, the rooms look complete. They took all of the walls down and cleaned up the landscaping.
Thank you for sharing!!! 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter