Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I wondering considering Memorial Day weekend is coming up in a the next month, if they would hold that lobby renovation till after the holiday.

I doubt it

I had an amazing stay in the villas, but my one complaint is there were almost no plugs and no usb outlets at all in the bedroom. The last few Disney hotels I’ve stayed at had usb outlets all over the place. We had to unplug lamps to use outlets next to the bed. Is that because it’s a villa or is this a Grand Floridian thing?

I had an amazing stay in the villas, but my one complaint is there were almost no plugs and no usb outlets at all in the bedroom. The last few Disney hotels I’ve stayed at had usb outlets all over the place. We had to unplug lamps to use outlets next to the bed. Is that because it’s a villa or is this a Grand Floridian thing?
Unfortunately the recent refurbishment for the villas was only soft goods; I'm sure they will add all types of charging capabilities during their hard goods refurbishment, when that finally rolls around. The new resort studios have plenty of spots for charging and that would apply to the regular resort rooms also. For now, it will just be the original VGF building that's a little behind in that aspect.

I don't know about the lobby reno, but we received an email today from Disney Destinations cautioning us about GF renovations in general during our upcoming stay ... in September. I've seen a fair amount of resort renovations through the years while visiting WDW, and have never been bothered by it. But this is the 1st time I've ever gotten an email specifically warning us about it, and 5 months in advance to boot! I can only assume the Mouse has a lot of work planned for the Grand, and for quite a while yet this year. Beginning to wonder if we should stay somewhere else ???

I have a November stay booked and I also got the email for renovations. I’m really hoping the majority of construction is finished, but that’s probably wishful thinking. Hopefully most of the lobby is complete and they don’t have the restaurants we want to eat at closed by then. I’m sure they won’t close Citricos since that’s been refurbished. However, Grand Floridian Cafe might be on the closure list since that hasn’t been updated. I booked lagoon view so that if the scaffolding is up outside the main building I don’t have to stare at that when I have my coffee in the mornings. We won’t switch even with major construction unless the main pool closes. It’s me, my 11yo daughter, and my Dad and the two queens and twin bed is perfect for us. Also, we love Mary Poppins!

Thank you for posting. I am considering GF for my DD's 16th birthday at the end of July, but it sounds like there will be major work going on! I don't mind 1-2 of the outer buildings under construction, but it sounds like the main building will be under construction then and the path to Poly is right next to the Poly's construction. Appreciate all the info being shared!

Studio or larger? For future reference for anyone staying in a studio, there’s one USB charging point very well hidden inside the bedside table (I was very grumpy about the lack of one but my husband found it hidden in the section above the drawer).

Studio or larger? For future reference for anyone staying in a studio, there’s one USB charging point very well hidden inside the bedside table (I was very grumpy about the lack of one but my husband found it hidden in the section above the drawer).
2 bedroom villa

I wondering considering Memorial Day weekend is coming up in a the next month, if they would hold that lobby renovation till after the holiday.

I doubt it

Well, then there’s 4th of July just 6 weeks later. And once late September hits, things just get busier right up til the Christmas holidays. There’s just no time when GF isn’t busy. I guess it depends how long they anticipate work to take. I bet they’d much rather make sure they have time to get it done well before the start of the holiday season in November.

First timers for this resort and we are leaving on a Sunday but not until 8 pm for a late flight.
My family wants to swim all day- then go to dinner before MCO.
Is this hard to do at the resort- normally I prefer to get cleaned up- which I know since I don’t have a room - will not be as easy. Is there a decent changing room to get cleaned up near the pools? My husband and boys won’t care but I do. We would have our luggage in our car maybe keep one bag for pool. ( Not sure yet where to keep sons laptop)

First timers for this resort and we are leaving on a Sunday but not until 8 pm for a late flight.
My family wants to swim all day- then go to dinner before MCO.
Is this hard to do at the resort- normally I prefer to get cleaned up- which I know since I don’t have a room - will not be as easy. Is there a decent changing room to get cleaned up near the pools? My husband and boys won’t care but I do. We would have our luggage in our car maybe keep one bag for pool. ( Not sure yet where to keep sons laptop)
There is a spacious, full bathroom with showers right next to the Beach Pool! I personally have never done this, so I can’t comment on personal experience. Have fun!

For anyone that has done this after checked out of room- sis you keep your clothes bag at your pool chair?

I have been wondering if they would go that route! It’s going to be interesting to see, when the Sugarloaf reno. is completed, if they took out the CL countertop space in the lobby or not!!! I guess we’ll know very soon!!!
I know someone staying in Sugar Loaf right now so I will ask her to see if she can grab some pics of the lobby when you walk in. I didn't see it reported (catching up over the past week), but it's definitely open to guests now.

I know someone staying in Sugar Loaf right now so I will ask her to see if she can grab some pics of the lobby when you walk in. I didn't see it reported (catching up over the past week), but it's definitely open to guests now.
Thank you for the heads up!! It has not been confirmed online, so this is the first I’m hearing of it!! I’ll update the Page 1 Construction info. Pictures would be great, thank you!! If still there tomorrow, could you ask if they could please also grab the May activity calendar as well? (No biggie if they can’t!) Thanks again!

@PolyRob messaged me so I thought I’d shared while getting off my feet for a minute in Epcot! I’m sorry to say I didn’t get pics of the Sugar Loaf lobby and we checked out this morning, but we spent the last two nights there in room 6422! Beautiful renovations and the room was very comfortable. I’m pretty certain we were the first people to ever stay in it! I definitely did not see anything indicting CL like others have mentioned. None of the tables or counters previously mentioned and my husband didn’t recall seeing that either. It seemed like there were not many people at all staying in that building and it was very quiet. We had a great time for our first ever stay at GF!

FCB19270-4191-43E6-9BE2-11153EFADE05.jpeg

649772F3-E9D7-4EF0-B264-5595A7084177.jpeg

@PolyRob messaged me so I thought I’d shared while getting off my feet for a minute in Epcot! I’m sorry to say I didn’t get pics of the Sugar Loaf lobby and we checked out this morning, but we spent the last two nights there in room 6422! Beautiful renovations and the room was very comfortable. I’m pretty certain we were the first people to ever stay in it! I definitely did not see anything indicting CL like others have mentioned. None of the tables or counters previously mentioned and my husband didn’t recall seeing that either. It seemed like there were not many people at all staying in that building and it was very quiet. We had a great time for our first ever stay at GF!

View attachment 757299

View attachment 757298
Thank you so much for sharing!! Happy you had a great trip!!

Thank you for the heads up!! It has not been confirmed online, so this is the first I’m hearing of it!! I’ll update the Page 1 Construction info. Pictures would be great, thank you!! If still there tomorrow, could you ask if they could please also grab the May activity calendar as well? (No biggie if they can’t!) Thanks again!

Sorry, I hadn’t been keeping up here while on vacation otherwise I would have checked this morning before checking out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter