Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Grand Floridian Interior Construction Update - August 2023

The main lobby of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is still dominated by construction wall and painting equipment.

1691164240409.jpeg

During the day, crews are working on painting the upper levels of the lobby. Back in June, work began on the section closest to the main entrance and monorail. Now it has moved toward the center of the lobby.

Disneys Grand Floridian Refurb August 2023d

Scrims help protect upper floors while work is being performed.

1691164187116.jpeg

No specific timeline has been revealed for completion. However, the prevailing wisdom suggests that Disney plans to have the bulk of the lobby work done before the Christmas season in order to clear the way for the popular gingerbread display.

Lobby Exit to Pool Area Now Closed as Refurbishment Continues at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

The exit from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort lobby to the Beach Pool and “Alice in Wonderland” water play area has now been closed as refurbishment efforts continue.
disney's grand floridian

As construction continues at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, the exit from the lobby to the Beach Pool area and “Alice in Wonderland” water play area has now been closed and blocked with temporary stanchions.

A sign directs guests to utilize the exit near Grand Floridian Cafe to gain access to the courtyard area.

disney's grand floridian

There is a small carpeted seating area still available near the ground floor entrance to the lobby. The grand piano remains, although it wasn’t being played when we stopped by.

grand floridian lobby

Guest pathways are identified by signage through various white-paneled construction walls.

grand floridian lobby

Along the pathway, there are areas with white scrim above the walls as well.

grand floridian lobby

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is temporarily unavailable while construction moves forward.

grand floridian lobby

Quick question: If booking a theme park view, the rooms in this category are all remodeled, yes? I've been reading and checking. It looks as if all the outer buildings at GF are complete? I couldn't determine if Sago was done, and I think Sago has some theme park views. I'd hate to book it and end up with a room that is not remodeled!

Hope someone has answers. Thank you!

You cannot get a room in the main building during construction. You will, however, get an updated room in another building, as they are all complete.
All other buildings have updated rooms or just some?

Does anyone know a time frame for when outdoor scaffolding will be done near Gasparillo's? The indoor lobby doesn't bother me but having to walk under it to refill a drink cup might.

Where is the best outer door building to stay at? Which is better to stay at if you don’t want to hear too much noise.

Where is the best outer door building to stay at? Which is better to stay at if you don’t want to hear too much noise.

Actually it may not be what building but where in the building that matters, in the center they all have a lobby that opens up to all floors. The elevators are also in this area. So if your room is in the section it will be louder than the rooms on the hallways off of the center due to people coming and going and open area.

I had one of these center rooms in May and they are my favorite, I love walking out of my room to the wide open space. However I dont care about noise. People talking, boat horns all fine. I don’t like truck backing up noises at 4am. I have had rooms at BLT, WL and BWI near a loading dock.

If you near the beginning of sago you could get noise issue. People will be heading to the path to MK, it’s close to main building loading dock and construction,. The end of sago more towards the lake should be fine.
IMG_7958.jpeg

IMG_7955.jpegIMG_7957.jpeg

Last edited:
Quick question: If booking a theme park view, the rooms in this category are all remodeled, yes? I've been reading and checking. It looks as if all the outer buildings at GF are complete? I couldn't determine if Sago was done, and I think Sago has some theme park views. I'd hate to book it and end up with a room that is not remodeled!

Hope someone has answers. Thank you!
Sago is done. We stayed there in July over the 4th with a theme park view room and our room was absolutely gorgeous. You could still smell the new carpet when entering the lobby 😍 We definitely weren’t disappointed with our first experience staying at GF.

We just got moved from the contemporary to GF for a 1 night stay in a few weeks (not sure if they are trying to fill up one or free up space in another) but I forgot to ask about the bed configuration. If we have 5 people will that automatically be a 2 queen and pulldown daybed?

Last edited:
Actually it may not be what building but where in the building that matters, in the center they all have a lobby that opens up to all floors. The elevators are also in this area. So if your room is in the section it will be louder than the rooms on the hallways off of the center due to people coming and going and open area.

I had one of these center rooms in May and they are my favorite, I love walking out of my room to the wide open space. However I dont care about noise. People talking, boat horns all fine. I don’t like truck backing up noises at 4am. I have had rooms at BLT, WL and BWI near a loading dock.

If you near the beginning of sago you could get noise issue. People will be heading to the path to MK, it’s close to main building loading dock and construction,. The end of sago more towards the lake should be fine.
View attachment 784069

View attachment 784070View attachment 784071

Didn't even think about the center lobby situation when making my room request! (Which I know, I know, is just a request.) I think we did sort of end up requesting one of those rooms anyway, since I would prefer a high floor with a full balcony vs a box balcony. I also like walking out to the open space.

Curious what we'll end up with but really just happy to be staying at the Grand. :goodvibes

We just got moved from the contemporary to GF for a 1 night stay in a few weeks) not sure if they are trying to fill up one or free up space in another) but I forgot to ask about the bed configuration. If we have 5 people will that automatically be a 2 queen and pulldown daybed?
You will be given a room that will have two queens and a sleeper sofa if you have five people. Most of the rooms at GF have that configuration. :)

Question about arrivals! We have an upcoming stay in The Villas using our DVC points. Woohoo!

We have two separate parties coming from MCO. Mom is arriving on the Mears bus. I’m assuming they only drop off at the main lobby bus stop? If so, is that the same stop as the one where we would catch a bus to the parks and Disney Springs? We’d like to meet her there to assist with luggage.

Second, if we use a ride share from the airport, can they drop us and our luggage off at The Villas entrance? Same with using a Minnie Van. Are they allowed to drop off and pick up there, or is pick up at the main lobby? In the past we’ve used the Minnie Van service from WL & BC/YC, but they don’t have a separate DVC portico entrance.

No worries either way, just wanting to know so I can properly time for things! It’s a short trip so we’re packing it in. Thanks!

We are renting DVC points so i imagine we will be staying in the DVC building. Looking at the resort map it sure does seem like the ferry ride to MK is a long way away from our building. Faster to take the monorail? I know walking is an option but we do enough walking in the parks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter