Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Has anyone eaten at Citricos lately? It had been reported that the windows were covered up because of the view of unsightly construction. Wondering if this is still the case and if so, how long will it be like that? Any information appreciated. We like to have a table by the windows for the view of the grounds. If the windows are blocked I'm worried the experience will be diminished.

Has anyone eaten at Citricos lately? It had been reported that the windows were covered up because of the view of unsightly construction. Wondering if this is still the case and if so, how long will it be like that? Any information appreciated. We like to have a table by the windows for the view of the grounds. If the windows are blocked I'm worried the experience will be diminished.
We did ER a few weeks ago and both places had windows covered. Since we go often it was ok for us but it’s not the same feeling not to see outside.
The light still comes through, they use opaque plastic sheeting to cover the windows.

The locations themselves are lovely at least.

We did ER a few weeks ago and both places had windows covered. Since we go often it was ok for us but it’s not the same feeling not to see outside.
The light still comes through, they use opaque plastic sheeting to cover the windows.

The locations themselves are lovely at least.
Thanks for the update. I know from reading your posts that you aren't very bothered by the construction. I applaud your ability to let things roll off your back. I, on the other hand, get super annoyed by construction on vacation. We live in a new build community and it's been nothing but construction noise and disruption for three years. I manage at home but when I get away I want nothing to do with it! I agree with you that both locations are lovely. I just have to decide whether or not I can enjoy them without the window views. Thanks again.

Thanks for the update. I know from reading your posts that you aren't very bothered by the construction. I applaud your ability to let things roll off your back. I, on the other hand, get super annoyed by construction on vacation. We live in a new build community and it's been nothing but construction noise and disruption for three years. I manage at home but when I get away I want nothing to do with it! I agree with you that both locations are lovely. I just have to decide whether or not I can enjoy them without the window views. Thanks again.
How soon is your trip? Can you wait until you arrive to cancel or are you looking to book another restaurant at the same time now? As they finish up sections, they are removing scaffolding and the construction walls (see the recent photos of the Gasparilla's area in this thread.) From that construction video last week, it looked like another section would have the walls removed soon (and likewise I'm sure the window coverings.) We just don't know how quickly they are working and sometimes we go a few weeks before we get updated photos/videos of the GF... I have a GF Cafe reservation next month that I will cancel if it's still all blocked off, but I'm comfortable waiting until we arrive to cancel so I can see the current state for myself.

Yep that is what is nice about Disney, something for everyone. Maybe try CG or Kona?

How soon is your trip? Can you wait until you arrive to cancel or are you looking to book another restaurant at the same time now? As they finish up sections, they are removing scaffolding and the construction walls (see the recent photos of the Gasparilla's area in this thread.) From that construction video last week, it looked like another section would have the walls removed soon (and likewise I'm sure the window coverings.) We just don't know how quickly they are working and sometimes we go a few weeks before we get updated photos/videos of the GF... I have a GF Cafe reservation next month that I will cancel if it's still all blocked off, but I'm comfortable waiting until we arrive to cancel so I can see the current state for myself.
We are heading there in a few days for a stay at Contemporary. I'm okay with being flexible for that trip as it's just two of us. So in that case I'll do as you suggest. Good idea!
My 60 day window opens tomorrow morning for a pre Christmas trip staying at Wilderness Lodge Copper Creek. That's the trip I'm more worried about because I need to book for 8 people and we need a few special, celebration style dinners. Plus it's a busy time at Disney, and at the deluxe resorts especially, because of the holiday decorations. On the night we want Citricos, the group would probably be happy with California Grill as second choice but I know I won't get it last minute for 8 people at that time of year, if I try to switch later. I do think everyone might be happy with Narcoossees if I subbed that for Citricos but Narcoosees reservation releases have been irregular all year and I doubt they'll even show up tomorrow for my December dates.
Trying to get myself organized. ADR morning is always tense when other people are depending on me!

I’m scrolling and forgive me for asking this but I can’t find the answer. We are booked beginning of May in big pine DVC. It’s our first time staying at this resort. I know no end date for construction is announced. But does anyone with more knowledge than me know if the construction will be mostly over by then? I’m mainly talking about all the walls. It’s our first time here so would you wait and try it later if not? Don’t really care about lobby.

Was going to try to book Narcoossee to listen and watch the fireworks one night - but was told the people walking over and standing next to Narcoossee probably have a better view. That would be disappointing since I don't really want to eat that late anyway. Any suggestions?

Was going to try to book Narcoossee to listen and watch the fireworks one night - but was told the people walking over and standing next to Narcoossee probably have a better view. That would be disappointing since I don't really want to eat that late anyway. Any suggestions?
We've been in Narcoossees a couple times at Fireworks time. If you have a window seat, it's nice, but they encourage people to go outside to the deck area during Fireworks, so there is a good chance, someone will be just outside your table on the other side of the window, blocking your view.

GF alum who have done massages at Senses - how was your experience. DH and I have booked a couples massage there for our trip next month. We've never been to Sense and I would love some first hand accounts.

GF alum who have done massages at Senses - how was your experience. DH and I have booked a couples massage there for our trip next month. We've never been to Sense and I would love some first hand accounts.

Our experiences with all services including massages has been good. They fall in line with a lot of spa services we receive when away from our normal providers. However, it is just "good" nothing to complain about but nothing about anything has made me think I should make it a normal part of our vacation. Also, the fees are quite a bit more than those we receive in other tourist destinations.

Any mention of the gingerbread house or Christmas decor in the lobby?
I’m trying to decide if I should switch from contemporary to GF mid November and the construction has me leaning towards keeping the CR! Help! Lol

Any mention of the gingerbread house or Christmas decor in the lobby?
I’m trying to decide if I should switch from contemporary to GF mid November and the construction has me leaning towards keeping the CR! Help! Lol
Fwiw last year it was already up on the 16th when I arrived, I want to say it’s usually 13/14th give or take.

I believe they delayed main building construction so that the tree and GB house could be up. Disney is terrible with announcing times for holiday set up’s. As usual, wait and see.

Fwiw last year it was already up on the 16th when I arrived, I want to say it’s usually 13/14th give or take.

I believe they delayed main building construction so that the tree and GB house could be up. Disney is terrible with announcing times for holiday set up’s. As usual, wait and see.
Thanks!

Can anyone confirm for me (who has been in the past few weeks or that is currently there) if the glass slipper photo pass spot is still available on the second floor?

My daughter is going as Cinderella for MNSSHP and I would love to have her photo taken there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter