Disney's Hotel Santa Fe gets Cars themed make over.

Jonjo

Mouseketeer
santafe_billboard2.jpg

The DisneyCentralPlaza forum is reporting that Disney's Hotel Santa Fe is in the process of getting a Cars themed make over. The hotels origonal Clint Eastwood Drive In Movie theater screen which has been on display since the opening of the hotel in April 1992 has been replaced with a new Cars themed one which features Lightning McQueen and Sally Carrera.

The beding in the hotel bedrooms are also being replaced with Car themed ones.

santafe_cartheme.jpg

Not sure if these are fake photos or not.

If they spend some money, change all the rooms and give the place some magic - it will be great.

Otherwise it's a sticking plaster on a sad and unloved (in our opinion) hotel.

Steve

I love it! My DD will too - the Santa Fe is our favourite hotel so far out of 3 onsite ones we've stayed in, and we both love Cars the movie :goodvibes.

We've always avoided staying here as we were worried it would maybe not be very nice, but something tells me we will be visiting there next, our oldest DS loves cars! :goodvibes

I posted about this back in July when a Dutch website first mentioned it.
Bedding photo looks as thought it might be genuine, but not sure about the billboard one, it looks naff, if thats the real deal, let's hope they remove the creases. ;)

I think it's a great idea, how many kids or adults actually know who Clint Eastwood is ?
The SF is long overdue for a rehab and Cars theme fits in perfectly with what's already there. :goodvibes

I think the Cars theme is very fitting for the Santa Fe. We all know it's the hotel in most need of an overhaul. I might even want to stay there once the changes have been made. :thumbsup2

i would like this idea if they were really going to go with it. i bet they could do amazing things to the santa fe but when i know they are just going to change some pictures and bedding and call it a refurb its a bit disapointing

I love it! :goodvibes I grew up on the Clint spaghetti westerns but my DDs don't have a clue who he is so I think this change is long overdue.

Here is a better photo of the new poster.

Carspostersantafe.jpg

And the old Clint Eastwood one.

HotelSantaFeClintEastwood.jpg

If you look at the bottom right corner of the poster - theres a wee man apparently doing just that - smoothing it out :).

is that the big poster they used to have in the studios...very money saving!;)..for the record I reckon the change can't be a bad thing!

is that the big poster they used to have in the studios...very money saving!;)..for the record I reckon the change can't be a bad thing!

I think your right, it does look like the Studios poster. Well it's a way of giving the place a bit of a make over on a budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter