Disney's in-room babysitting

Maude4Disney

DIS Veteran
I've seen several threads about the Fairy Godmothers, but was wondering if anyone has used Disney's sitting service? We have DS9 and DS2 and although I'm not real keen on the idea of leaving them with a stranger, I would love a night out w/ just DH. I was wondering for any and all details that anyone might be able to share on Disney's service... how much$$?, how far in advance we would need to book a sitter? can you request male or female? (not sure how DS2 would take to a male sitter, he can be a little funny (odd) sometimes) thanks for any info!

Disney's service is now Kid's Night Out and I used them last April and was quite satisfied. You can request a male or female sitter, but I think the majority are female.

For more info go here:

Kid's Night Out

Kid's night out seems to be quite a bit more expensive than Fairy Godmothers. Why would you use them over FG? Just wondering. I doubt that my DH would ever let me use either service, but just in case...

Amy

We used the in room service two years ago for DD 7 and DS 2. I just had to have a little time without the kids and go on all the fast rides we could'nt do with them! We left them for two evenings, one a late night in MK and one for a meal in the California Grill. The kids were fine, 2yr old asleep before sitter arrived and 7yr old had a play/ colouring then happy to go to sleep. Both times the sitters were older ladies and quite pleasant. It did bump up the cost of the night out, but it was worth it!! Our first booking they cancelled at really short notice and could not offer us an alternative so that made me really cross as I was so looking forward to getting out with DH. But we did manage to book again for latter in the holiday, so I guess you need to book well in advance.

thanks for all of the info. As things look now, I think we are going to save the $$ and wait until Grandpa and Grandma get there a few days later and try to squeeze in a night out. Was really hoping to do an e-night, but guess it won't work out this trip. That's all ok...cuz' who couldn't be happy just being together at Disney :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter