Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we are talking about the monorail. It's not the most reliable of modes of transportation.
Ugh, I know! Last trip we did the Spirit of Aloha dinner and got stuck for 20 min in the contemporary lobby, with both kids sleeping in the double stroller and TWO ecvs in the same little cab as us! It was hot and tight, late, and everyone was exhausted. But I am going to be optimistic that first thing in the morning we will be okay :) But I will plan on super early just in case!

Going through some of my old pictures today. I miss the old lobby. Will finally see the new one in a couple of week. Im trying hard not to hate it before I see it :)

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

I know what you mean about the lobby. I loved the old lobby, too, and while I'm trying to keep an open mind, I'm not very confident I will like the new lobby when we return to the Poly next summer. Love the pics, thanks for sharing!

We were just at the Poly last week and I already miss it so much.

It's time to start planning the next trip ::yes::.

And the Polynesian is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. But we all knew that already. ;)

View attachment 119237

Awesome pic :cloud9:.

Looks like HeyIt'sMe and I were neighbors - we were in Fiji 3316 last week. (Sure hope you couldn't hear my noisy little guy, I gave it my best to keep him quiet but it seemed like a losing battle.) I am fighting a bad case of I-want-to-be-there-right-now-itis. It was our first trip as a family to WDW and to the Polynesian (my last trip to WDW was when I was in high school, which was a couple decades ago!) and it won't be our last to either. Honestly, this was a ridiculously awesome family vacation for us and we watched our children grow up right before our eyes.
Here's some pics. The marina view was absolutely all I had hoped for and made the room special for my six year old. We found her at the railing several times just taking it all in.
We miss the ducks too! They were wandering across the path by Fiji one morning and surprised us.
I may write a longer post later, but right now this is making me miss it too much. Easily the best thing we've done for our family in ages.
View attachment 119256
View attachment 119251

Glad you had a great trip to the Poly! The best cure for the Disney blues is to start planning the next trip :goodvibes.

We toured the Poly yesterday. I think I've convinced my family to book it for next year! :banana:

You won't regret staying there.....the Poly is amazing! :wizard:

:goodvibes

First timer going next week.

Have a great trip :).

Thanks for this. The absolute # 1 reason I chose the Poly was because of their bathrooms. I LOVE having a door at the vanity area. I get up earlier than anyone else and dont want the kids to wake up because Im brushing my teeth! Also, I just like peace and quiet while getting ready for the day. If the kids saw me, then would not leave me alone :)

Contemp is the only other resort with a door, but they only had the suites available when I booked, so Poly is was. I had a ressie for GF originally, but then came to DIS and was told no door. That was the deal breaker. I hope the Poly never changes that.

We stayed at the Grand Floridian last year (skipped the Poly because of all the construction) and I wasn't aware there was no door in the vanity area. I hated it! I also get up earlier than everyone else so it's nice to go in the bathroom and shut the door. One thing to note - the Poly bathroom door is not a solid door, the center has frosted/textured glass so while you can't see in/out some light does pass through. There is a picture of the door on Page 1 of this thread.

Hey, what is that red strawberry drink above? Can you get it virgin? And anyone know the cost of it, would it be cheaper virgin? I was wanting to get my child a drink in the pineapples, but I was told those would be high dollar even without the alcohol?

Also, anyone else find it odd that they only have 1 place to do your laundry at? (for the resort guest) If we stay in Figi by chance, thats a long haul.

Hey neighbor! I don't remember hearing your little guy. Did you keep your stroller outside your room? There was one in the hallway each day but I don't remember what room it was in front of.

I'm so glad to hear you had a magical trip. I have been addicted to the Poly since my first stay there in 1991 for our honeymoon.

We can miss it together. :sad:

I miss it so much I'm already pricing out packages on the main Disney site, lol.

No, we kept our double stroller in the room - it was so obnoxious I wouldn't have felt right putting it in the hallway every night. The weird thing about that stroller in the hallway was that it moved around a lot, but I never saw it leave the hallway. I got to wondering if someone left it behind and Mousekeeping was just moving it around out of their way!

So glad you never heard our little guy. We worried about it a lot actually and were considering an off-site stay in a house just so we wouldn't have to bother other people. In the end, we got such a good deal we couldn't pass up the Poly, and I do believe we are now hooked! Even better, I think the trip helped our son behave just a smidge better in public!

I miss it so much I'm already pricing out packages on the main Disney site, lol.

No, we kept our double stroller in the room - it was so obnoxious I wouldn't have felt right putting it in the hallway every night. The weird thing about that stroller in the hallway was that it moved around a lot, but I never saw it leave the hallway. I got to wondering if someone left it behind and Mousekeeping was just moving it around out of their way!

So glad you never heard our little guy. We worried about it a lot actually and were considering an off-site stay in a house just so we wouldn't have to bother other people. In the end, we got such a good deal we couldn't pass up the Poly, and I do believe we are now hooked! Even better, I think the trip helped our son behave just a smidge better in public!

We wondered about that obscure stroller also!

After a horrific travel day yesterday we arrived 12 hours late.

I requested Fiji 3rd floor but received 1st floor facing the marina. The location is awesome.

The poly is just gorgeous. Hoping to truly check it out today. Last night was a lot of of exhaustion and irritability so we didn't get the full effect.

I requested Fiji 3rd floor but received 1st floor facing the marina. The location is awesome.

The poly is just gorgeous. Hoping to truly check it out today. Last night was a lot of of exhaustion and irritability so we didn't get the full effect.
ENJOY your vaca! :woohoo: Delayed flights are FRUSTRATING and make for VERY LONG first days!:eek:

We wondered about that obscure stroller also!

Ha! I noticed it moved around too. I wonder if it is still there? :laughing:

We also had horrific travel issues. We were supposed to fly to Orlando on Saturday August 15 but our flight was cancelled due to 'flypocalypse'. Ugh! We incurred additional expense and a lot of stress but were able to finally make it to Orlando the next morning.

Have a great time! Tell the Polynesian & Fiji that I said :wave2:. And eat an adult grilled cheese from Captain Cooks for me!

Yikes, 12 hours late, that is terrible! I am so sorry to hear that. What airline? have a super fun trip and hope all goes better for you!

Hey, what is that red strawberry drink above? Can you get it virgin? And anyone know the cost of it, would it be cheaper virgin? I was wanting to get my child a drink in the pineapples, but I was told those would be high dollar even without the alcohol?

It's the Pinacolava. Pinacolada mixed with raspberry "lava". Very tasty, though my drink was actually the blue glow-tini, just don't tell anyone! ;) I can't answer the question about virgin, though. I would think they could, but that's just a guess. For pricing, it makes sense they would charge higher than a regular kids drink, but whether it would be the full price of the regular drink, I would hope not! It might be good to look at a menu like Kona Cafe that does have "specialty" drinks for kids that fall in that midrange price.

I just realized also you're asking about the drink served actually in the pineapple, I forget the name of that one. For that, I can actually understand them charging a premium price for that, even if you get a virgin, because of the very special presentation. Same with the backscratchers that actually come with the wooden backscratcher!

We also had horrific travel issues. We were supposed to fly to Orlando on Saturday August 15 but our flight was cancelled due to 'flypocalypse'. Ugh! We incurred additional expense and a lot of stress but were able to finally make it to Orlando the next morning.

Have a great time! Tell the Polynesian & Fiji that I said :wave2:. And eat an adult grilled cheese from Captain Cooks for me!
Are the adult grilled cheeses back?!? I've never had one but would love to try it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter