Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have received incorrect info from a CM, but she told me that connecting rooms are guaranteed when just two adults are booking with multiple kids. We have 4 adults, 4 kids so that didn't work to guarantee for us.

Yes, you were given incorrect info by the CM. Connecting rooms are never guaranteed. If they can't get a party with 2 adults and multiple children, they expect 1 adult to be in one room and the 2nd adult in the other. We had 2 adults and 5 kids and twice did not get connecting rooms. Heck, they weren't even near each other.

We do too!!!

See you on the 4th! We'll be the parents entertaining our very pale DD6 :-) I thought that it would be the best way to relax on that crowded pool day - we can walk back and forth to the lounge and to the main pool as much as we feel like it without fear of losing our shade for when we need it! I have my confirmation number from booking it but I wish that it would show up on MDE just to make me feel better. I actually wanted to call just to be sure it was in the system - lol!

Can you walk to the MK from the PR? I can't remember when I stayed there almost 20 years ago.

No, but you can walk to GF from Poly. Only resort I believe you can walk to would be the Contemporary. As close as the GF is to MK, you can't walk from there to MK either.

See you on the 4th! We'll be the parents entertaining our very pale DD6 :-) I thought that it would be the best way to relax on that crowded pool day - we can walk back and forth to the lounge and to the main pool as much as we feel like it without fear of losing our shade for when we need it! I have my confirmation number from booking it but I wish that it would show up on MDE just to make me feel better. I actually wanted to call just to be sure it was in the system - lol!
What number did you call to reserve your cabana?
Edit: found it and got my reservation for July 3!

Last edited:
Yes, you were given incorrect info by the CM. Connecting rooms are never guaranteed. If they can't get a party with 2 adults and multiple children, they expect 1 adult to be in one room and the 2nd adult in the other. We had 2 adults and 5 kids and twice did not get connecting rooms. Heck, they weren't even near each other.
Disney will only guarantee connecting rooms if the entire party has only 1 adult.

I hate to say I'm wishing away my spring, summer and fall but I'm SO excited for our very first stay at the Poly in December! Actually our first Deluxe stay period. We've visited the Poly a couple times for dining at Ohana and Kona Cafe, but never really got the chance to check out the grounds other than walking over to the boat launch. 230 days and counting!!

Congrats on your first upcoming Poly stay. It's great visiting the Poly, but staying there is amazing! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

New to this thread. I'm happy to spend my weekend reading the past 50+ pages, but I'm more interested in the Poly "crew" helping me decide between GF (Garden View OB) or Poly (Standard View). I did get some good advice from one of my fav DISers (in this thread too), but I would appreciate any and all input.

Background info: 2A/4C (maybe 5C) ages 11,11,9,7 (maybe 16) - Staying Sep 2-9. We would book two rooms.

Any idea which resort would give my family the best chance of getting connecting rooms?

Thank you so much in advance.

Welcome to the Poly thread! We've stayed at both the Poly and GF and both are great. Both resorts are convenient to MK, have beautiful grounds, great dining options, and nice pools. With that said, the Poly would be my first choice as we love the relaxing tropical atmosphere, but the GF runs a very close second :).

:thumbsup2

Last August we booked three nights at the Poly and loved it so much we decided to go whole hog and book for four nights this August! :teeth:

So happy to be officially booked and coming back! :)

How exciting! August will be here before you know it. Enjoy the planning :goodvibes.

Hi all!

I'm sure this has been asked but I couldn't find it - is there a microwave for public use in any common areas? We were wondering about microwaving oatmeal in the morning a few days for a quick breakfast. No big deal if not, thanks! :)

So it looks like we will be Cabana neighbors on the 3rd! We figured with crowds it was a smart move!
Looking forward to it! We were only able to get a half day rental (10am-3pm), but I thought it would be worth it to not have to fight for chairs on what I'm sure will be a crazy crowded time.

I read somewhere that someone recently stayed at the Poly (DVC?) and had a Kuerig for coffee.

Is this true for DVC studios? Or do I need to find and buy some Joeffrey's pods?

Thanks!

I read somewhere that someone recently stayed at the Poly (DVC?) and had a Kuerig for coffee.

Is this true for DVC studios? Or do I need to find and buy some Joeffrey's pods?

Thanks!
DVC studios do not have keurig. They have regular coffee pots that brew up to 12 cups so you will need filters and coffee grounds or full size all in one coffee/filters

May I ask how you go about booking one of these "cabanas"? Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter