Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I are coming in late October for our first ever Poly stay! Sounds cliche, but getting to stay at Poly is a dream come true for me. I've been coming to WDW pretty regularly since 1976 when I was 3 years old. The Poly has always been my favorite resort and I've been wanting to stay there for as long as I can remember.

This is also our 15th anniversary and our first ever vacation without kids, so Poly was the only place I wanted to stay at. We're DVC owners at SSR, so at our 7 month mark (in March) I tried to make our reservation but everything was booked for our dates. I was so disappointed. I got on a waitlist, but didn't have much hope since we needed 6 nights. We got a room at Kidani Village, which was OK since we've never stayed there, but not getting Poly did put a damper on my excitement for the trip. But we were still going and staying someplace new so I tried to focus on the positives.

A couple months later I got an email saying our waitlist came through for the entire 6 nights! I thought it was a mistake so I checked our DVC account and there it was! I was so excited and shocked I couldn't get the words out to tell DH so I just shoved my iPad at him to show him. Then I started crying! It's kind of embarrassing to admit I was in tears because in all the years I've been coming to Disney I've only gotten teary twice before and that was because of an experience each of my kids had. But here I was, crying because a lifelong dream finally came true! I'm so impatient for October to get here, DH teases me that I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa! :rotfl:

Almost everyday since then I check our DVC account to make sure the reservation didn't change. :rotfl2:

So, my question is about Trader Sam's, which we definitely want to checkout since we're right there. How busy does it get in the evenings, generally? We'll be arriving at Poly around 6 pm on a Saturday. Is it usually really busy Saturday nights, like people lining up to get in? Is there a patio we can sit at instead of inside the bar? How close is it to Capt. Cook's?

Thank you so much for all the information in this thread. I love looking at everyone's pictures!
Your story is beautiful.

Hi everyone! I've never been able to stay at the Poly before, but randomly decided to check on military rates for a long weekend in August and we can afford it! We booked a standard view, so I have a couple questions for the experts. My DS (almost 2) LOVES watching the monorail, so I was sort of assuming we would request a monorail view. My question, though, is would this end up being basically just a parking lot view? I'm not opposed to walking him to see the "train" if the monorail view would be a disappointment. I've tried to find this information on Tikiman's website as well as TouringPlans and haven't had much luck. I'd really appreciate any advice you might have. (On this view or any other.)

DH and I are coming in late October for our first ever Poly stay! Sounds cliche, but getting to stay at Poly is a dream come true for me. I've been coming to WDW pretty regularly since 1976 when I was 3 years old. The Poly has always been my favorite resort and I've been wanting to stay there for as long as I can remember.

This is also our 15th anniversary and our first ever vacation without kids, so Poly was the only place I wanted to stay at. We're DVC owners at SSR, so at our 7 month mark (in March) I tried to make our reservation but everything was booked for our dates. I was so disappointed. I got on a waitlist, but didn't have much hope since we needed 6 nights. We got a room at Kidani Village, which was OK since we've never stayed there, but not getting Poly did put a damper on my excitement for the trip. But we were still going and staying someplace new so I tried to focus on the positives.

A couple months later I got an email saying our waitlist came through for the entire 6 nights! I thought it was a mistake so I checked our DVC account and there it was! I was so excited and shocked I couldn't get the words out to tell DH so I just shoved my iPad at him to show him. Then I started crying! It's kind of embarrassing to admit I was in tears because in all the years I've been coming to Disney I've only gotten teary twice before and that was because of an experience each of my kids had. But here I was, crying because a lifelong dream finally came true! I'm so impatient for October to get here, DH teases me that I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa! :rotfl:

Almost everyday since then I check our DVC account to make sure the reservation didn't change. :rotfl2:

So, my question is about Trader Sam's, which we definitely want to checkout since we're right there. How busy does it get in the evenings, generally? We'll be arriving at Poly around 6 pm on a Saturday. Is it usually really busy Saturday nights, like people lining up to get in? Is there a patio we can sit at instead of inside the bar? How close is it to Capt. Cook's?

Thank you so much for all the information in this thread. I love looking at everyone's pictures!

You know you've got it bad when other people's pixie dust makes you cry! Congrats!!!

Anyone have a sense how long it takes to walk from the Polynesian to Narcoosee's? Assuming an average pace...

Thanks!

Just a quick question for coffee drinkers. We are headed down in three weeks and are not coffee drinkers, but our travelling companion family are. We are in a standard room and are wondering what type of coffee makers are in the rooms? Thanks.

Just a quick question for coffee drinkers. We are headed down in three weeks and are not coffee drinkers, but our travelling companion family are. We are in a standard room and are wondering what type of coffee makers are in the rooms? Thanks.

Here's a pic of the coffee maker and coffee for the standard rooms. It's the little pod type things, if that makes sense. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• IMG_1770.JPG
    IMG_1770.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1780.JPG
    IMG_1780.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 42
Hi everyone! I've never been able to stay at the Poly before, but randomly decided to check on military rates for a long weekend in August and we can afford it! We booked a standard view, so I have a couple questions for the experts. My DS (almost 2) LOVES watching the monorail, so I was sort of assuming we would request a monorail view. My question, though, is would this end up being basically just a parking lot view? I'm not opposed to walking him to see the "train" if the monorail view would be a disappointment. I've tried to find this information on Tikiman's website as well as TouringPlans and haven't had much luck. I'd really appreciate any advice you might have. (On this view or any other.)

Congrats on the discount! The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it! I can't answer about monorail views, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

Just booked our trip for January to Poly CL! Got a great deal and even got to book Be Our Guest ADR for my son's bday...179 days to go pixiedust:

Congrats on the great discount, as well as getting BoG! :yay:

Will trader Sam's be imossible to get into to have a drink during that Christmas to New Years time? Are there times during the day or evening when it might be more possible to get a table to have a drink and enjoy the atmosphere?

Congratulations on the waitlist! I know how you feel because I was disappointed that we were going to have to do a DVC split stay between Saratoga and Poly. We were on a short trip over Memorial Day and our wait list for the Poly came through! I laughed when you said you keep checking the account because I did that too!

As for Trader Sam's I think it is fun to experience the inside at least once. If you get in around 4 when they first open it is fairly quiet if you just want to see the décor. When it is busy I find it very loud. The outside terrace is really a nice place to sit and they had music when I was there the last time.

Enjoy your trip. The Poly is magical!

IMG_2975.JPG IMG_2964.JPG IMG_2967.JPG IMG_2975.JPG Hi everyone, we're (DH&I) just back from an amazing 4 day anniversary trip to the Poly. We stayed in Samoa third fl overlooking the Oasis pool. Mousekeeping was outstanding. Extra bath goodies every night. Very quiet except for occasional pool noise early in the morning. The crowd levels seemed on the low side but we didn't visit AK so maybe everyone was there! Rarotonga is still our favorite location, but I know Samoa is very popular and I can see why, the location was close to everything. Front desk staff was terrific. I received a fresh flower lei when we checked in and attentive service the whole visit. The Poly really is our happy place. We took a few pics. Room view, my lei and just a resort pic or two

The standard view rooms in Aotearoa face the monorail and you see it gliding by your room which I personally think is very cool. :thumbsup2 There's a road that runs parallel to that building, but it's well covered by trees, shrubs and plants. There's also a walkway outside of that building frequented by staff on golf carts, so I prefer a 3rd floor room for less noise and a better view of the monorail. The entire back side of Aotearoa is standard view, btw. It's also very conveniently located near the Great Ceremonial House and marina.

PS - congrats on the room booking! You are going to LOVE the Poly. :)

Just returned from another lovely visit to the polynesian! Stayed in Rarotonga which is our favorite for its location. Ground floor which we requested was unavailable when we checked invut they kindly moved us the next day to our requested location! Mousekeeping was outstanding! Truly the best we have experienced. We walked in to our room which was orderly and clean each day. Even got towel animals one day! On 2 occasions we were in the room when they came and they always came back later at our request. Every CM we met was friendly and helpful. Food was great and atmosphere even better! We had our first visit to trader sams which was so fun! Everything surpassed our expectations which is tough considering this is like our 5th or 6th stay! My only complaint which is the same one I had last year is the lack of shade at the pool! Please Disney! It is summer in Florida and I only want a few more umbrellas! Lol! Can't wait to go back next year! Staying at the poly truly makes our WDW vacations extra magical

Glad you had an awesome trip. Rarotonga ground floor is my favorite too!!!

I'm going the day after Labor Day so since it's gonna be so slow I'm thinking of requesting a Lagoon view and just seeing if I can get lucky. Think I have a shot? What's the most realistic view I can be looking at?

The standard view rooms in Aotearoa face the monorail and you see it gliding by your room which I personally think is very cool. :thumbsup2 There's a road that runs parallel to that building, but it's well covered by trees, shrubs and plants. There's also a walkway outside of that building frequented by staff on golf carts, so I prefer a 3rd floor room for less noise and a better view of the monorail. The entire back side of Aotearoa is standard view, btw. It's also very conveniently located near the Great Ceremonial House and marina.

PS - congrats on the room booking! You are going to LOVE the Poly. :)

Oh my goodness, thank you so much! This is really helpful and I so appreciate your input! (And we can't wait!! This may ruin me on moderates forever, though...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter