Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you hear HEA music through the TV in your room like you can at the Contemporary, and is music for hallowishes piped in on the beach?

We also could not find a station on the tv. So we did the next best thing. The Dis recorded one of the first experiences and posted on YouTube. Queue the video for a certain lighting cue. Then when you see that happen over the castle, start the video. It may be a second or so off, but it satisfied our requirements.

Haven't stayed here since 2012 . Thinking about staying here again (Just got back from a stay at the GF, but did find myself missing the POLY). I see there are some changes. Did the hot tub replace the old kid's splash pad? I see there is a new splash area. What was in that spot? Just lounge chairs? I see they redid the quiet pool and added a hot tub there too?

Also, is there a game room? Where is it? And what buildings are now club level? Is there a club level thread or just post on here? And have ALL of the rooms been refurbished?

We will be staying for the first time since 2010, so I know there are lots of updates since then. If you find the TimTracker video on Youtube about the Polynesian-it's great and will give you a good idea of the updates.

Can anyone who has been to the Poly semi-recently tell me what soda options there are at Captain Cook's drink fountain? We don't have the dining plan and are considering if it's worth buying a mug, but some of us have issues with caffeine, so I'm mostly trying to figure out what caffeine free options there are.

Thanks.

I noticed that the hula lessons and torch lighting ceremony are both not listed in the May recreation guide. Does anyone know if they're still offered (typically Tuesday through Saturday)?

I was wondering the same thing. Disney Signature Services says if Auntie is there, hula lessons are held but no guarantee on her schedule. Torch lighting is 6:00 Tuesday through Saturday. Not sure why it isn’t on the May schedule.

Reactions: CJK
I was wondering the same thing. Disney Signature Services says if Auntie is there, hula lessons are held but no guarantee on her schedule. Torch lighting is 6:00 Tuesday through Saturday. Not sure why it isn’t on the May schedule.
We're set to arrive on Monday and these are two of reasons we're staying at Poly! I hope it's an oversight or I just spent way too much money :guilty:

We're set to arrive on Monday and these are two of reasons we're staying at Poly! I hope it's an oversight or I just spent way too much money :guilty:

Lol pretty sure anyone can participate in resort activities no matter where they are staying (except pools of course). I seem to remember that Auntie is a bit up there in years so maybe that’s the reason for no set schedule but I could be mistaken.

Lol pretty sure anyone can participate in resort activities no matter where they are staying (except pools of course). I seem to remember that Auntie is a bit up there in years so maybe that’s the reason for no set schedule but I could be mistaken.
Well, Poly was my concession to my daughters who wanted to go to Hawaii (not a possibility for us this year) and I rearranged our schedule to be at the resort for those events as they were the only "must do" things on my 10 y.o.'s list (she packed a special outfit!). I realize schedules change and sometimes these things can't be helped, but it's a huge disappointment to find out only days away from arrival. I was unaware that there is only one hula instructor, but I do hope her health isn't the reason for the change.

Sigh——-never mind.... just checked WDW main site where they list all arcades and Contemporary is no longer listed as having one. Sorry for my skepticism, it was based in hope:wizard:
Did you hear about that Pixar program the contemporary has for the kids it's $65 a night, they feed them dinner and they play ganes, Pixar characters come...you should look Into that

Did you hear about that Pixar program the contemporary has for the kids it's $65 a night, they feed them dinner and they play ganes, Pixar characters come...you should look Into that
Thanks! My teen and I always check out the arcade at least once a trip, so we’ll miss not having one. (If I had younger ones, I definitely would look into the Pixar program. It looks like a lot of fun.) Instead of arcades this year, we’ll probably try out a boat or two on the lagoon.

Can anyone who has been to the Poly semi-recently tell me what soda options there are at Captain Cook's drink fountain? We don't have the dining plan and are considering if it's worth buying a mug, but some of us have issues with caffeine, so I'm mostly trying to figure out what caffeine free options there are.

Thanks.
Yes! A photo would be great if anyone is there now!

Thanks! My teen and I always check out the arcade at least once a trip, so we’ll miss not having one. (If I had younger ones, I definitely would look into the Pixar program. It looks like a lot of fun.) Instead of arcades this year, we’ll probably try out a boat or two on the lagoon.
My teenagers loved the little two person boats last summer! They thought parasailing was awesome too. That's been their favorite thing to do there. That is their one request for this summer.

I have searched this thread and am obviously missing this information so I apologize for asking again. I am wondering which buildings are considered Pool or Marina View rooms? If someone could tell me or point me to the post with this information, I'd really appreciate it. TYIA

I have searched this thread and am obviously missing this information so I apologize for asking again. I am wondering which buildings are considered Pool or Marina View rooms? If someone could tell me or point me to the post with this information, I'd really appreciate it. TYIA

No one seems to know. It was reported on the previous page that neither Tikiman nor touring plans have been able to get this info either. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter