• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lapu Lapu’s fix everything. :rolleyes1

I miss those days with the movies on the beach with the abundant (at the time) beach lounges. We have a lot of great memories of nights watching movies there - we find we don’t really take the time to watch the movies any more in the new location.

We had a great routine... DW and DS would grab the chairs, I’d go to Tambu and get two Lapu Lapus. DS would usually fall asleep in short order and always missed the EWP and fireworks.

Ahh... good times. :smickey:

Not to derail but you can get lapu lapus to go?! How did I miss that!

Well, it’s in a natural to-go container. ;)

Related topic, you can get any drink from the Tambu Lounge to go. Depending on what we’re doing and/or the crowd, I sometimes opt to go in there to get a drink rather than some of the other options like the Lava Pool bar, Oasis Pool bar, or outside of Trader Sam’s. Great bartenders at Tambu.

I miss those days with the movies on the beach with the abundant (at the time) beach lounges. We have a lot of great memories of nights watching movies there - we find we don’t really take the time to watch the movies any more in the new location.

We had a great routine... DW and DS would grab the chairs, I’d go to Tambu and get two Lapu Lapus. DS would usually fall asleep in short order and always missed the EWP and fireworks.

Yes, that sounds like a perfect evening!

Well, it’s in a natural to-go container. ;)

Related topic, you can get any drink from the Tambu Lounge to go. Depending on what we’re doing and/or the crowd, I sometimes opt to go in there to get a drink rather than some of the other options like the Lava Pool bar, Oasis Pool bar, or outside of Trader Sam’s. Great bartenders at Tambu.

This is good information, I did not know you could get anything from the Tambu lounge to go. ::yes::

Sorry, I am starting to come up with a lot of questions. :hyper2:

Does everyone pretty much request a room with a patio or balcony? I'd like to have an outdoor seating area for after my son falls asleep at night. Any pros/cons for a patio vs balcony? :confused:
Do they have poolside activities for the kids during the day? :beach:

Last one. Is there seating for the evening movies under the stars? It won't be the easiest for my mother to get back up from sitting on the ground. :cool:

We requested a patio for our first stays when the kids were little and still napping. DH and I would sit outside and read and relax but one of us could take turns going for a leisurely walk around the resort or to Captain Cook’s for a snack or drink, etc without having to disturb the kids in the room. They’re teenagers now and we still will request a 1st floor/patio. Sometimes just easier to come and go that way (not all of us as you can’t lock the door). This will be our 6th trip in November and 4 out of 5 times we’ve gotten the patio. Last trip our priority was a connecting room with my Mom so we took 3rd floor. It was fine but we didn’t use the balcony much.

We requested a patio for our first stays when the kids were little and still napping. DH and I would sit outside and read and relax but one of us could take turns going for a leisurely walk around the resort or to Captain Cook’s for a snack or drink, etc without having to disturb the kids in the room. They’re teenagers now and we still will request a 1st floor/patio. Sometimes just easier to come and go that way (not all of us as you can’t lock the door). This will be our 6th trip in November and 4 out of 5 times we’ve gotten the patio. Last trip our priority was a connecting room with my Mom so we took 3rd floor. It was fine but we didn’t use the balcony much.

Thank you, I am leaning towards a patio request.

What’s in a Lapu Lapu?

What’s in a Lapu Lapu?

Lapu Lapu
Quite possibly the most famous drink on all of Disney property! This delightful mix served in a hollowed-out pineapple does an excellent job of transporting you to the tropics!

• 2 parts Myers's Dark Rum, 2 parts pineapple juice, 3 parts orange juice, 1 part sweet and sour mix, topped with 1 part Bacardi 151 rum floated on the top.

Lapu Lapu
Quite possibly the most famous drink on all of Disney property! This delightful mix served in a hollowed-out pineapple does an excellent job of transporting you to the tropics!

• 2 parts Myers's Dark Rum, 2 parts pineapple juice, 3 parts orange juice, 1 part sweet and sour mix, topped with 1 part Bacardi 151 rum floated on the top.
That sounds exactly like my kind of drink!!!:cool1:

Lapu Lapu

Order of importance on check in day. Step 1 and Step 2 can be switched if desired...

Step 1: Check in to the Poly
Step 2: Order a Lapu Lapu
Step 3: Enjoy the rest of your day! LOL

36 Days till Disney!!!

Order of importance on check in day. Step 1 and Step 2 can be switched if desired...

Step 1: Check in to the Poly
Step 2: Order a Lapu Lapu
Step 3: Enjoy the rest of your day! LOL

36 Days till Disney!!!
Step 2 has to stay!!! (Maybe add in getting a flower lei. I’m very much looking forward to that! I’ve never stayed here before but have enjoyed a few of the restaurants/lounges, so I’m very much looking forward to the entire Polynesian experience! Pineapples, lei’s, tikis and tropical dresses!)

Step 2 has to stay!!! (Maybe add in getting a flower lei. I’m very much looking forward to that! I’ve never stayed here before but have enjoyed a few of the restaurants/lounges, so I’m very much looking forward to the entire Polynesian experience! Pineapples, lei’s, tikis and tropical dresses!)

Same here!! Can’t wait! Enjoy it!!

While you're sampling tropical drinks, I would recommend trying the backscratcher too!

It's Bacardi Superior Rum, Myers's Original Dark Rum, and Passion Fruit Juice topped with Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey and a Bamboo Backscratcher. My favorite of the Tambu Lounge offerings!

Wow! One of those and I’ll be sure to be face down on the beach... or talking to a Tiki statue... :ssst:

Wait - Is there karaoke there?!!! :bitelip:

:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter