• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always been somewhat annoyed that they didn’t turn the angle of the Lava Pool hot tub to face the MK with an unobstructed view. That hot tub is a few degrees and a tree/rock feature away from being PRIME fireworks viewing! :-)

Sorry, random thought based on the discussion above.
I could not agree more! I’ve often thought the same thing.

Total DW novice here! My family of 5 are headed to the Poly in a couple weeks. We have a club level theme park view. We've only been to Disney once before, about 8 years ago and stayed at the Contemporary (I was expecting our now youngest). There's so much good information here. I'm sure I have a million questions that I don't even know I should ask! Any Poly first timer tips?

Total DW novice here! My family of 5 are headed to the Poly in a couple weeks. We have a club level theme park view. We've only been to Disney once before, about 8 years ago and stayed at the Contemporary (I was expecting our now youngest). There's so much good information here. I'm sure I have a million questions that I don't even know I should ask! Any Poly first timer tips?

Hmmmm... Poly CL TPV... among the best room categories in all of WDW (in my humble opinion)! It really doesn't get much better.

My only first timer tip is to relax and enjoy the Poly and your wonderful view.

Did you make any room requests?

Hmmmm... Poly CL TPV... among the best room categories in all of WDW (in my humble opinion)! It really doesn't get much better.

My only first timer tip is to relax and enjoy the Poly and your wonderful view.

Did you make any room requests?

I didn't. I honestly wouldn't even know what to request, lol.

I didn't. I honestly wouldn't even know what to request, lol.

Forgive me if I say anything you already know here.

So... most of the CL TPV rooms are on the third floor of the Hawaii longhouse, but there are also some on the second floor as well. Third floor rooms have balconies, second floor rooms do not (it's just a patio door with a Juliet style railing).

My recommendation would be to request a third floor room, unless you otherwise don't have a preference either way.

Forgive me if I say anything you already know here.

So... most of the CL TPV rooms are on the third floor of the Hawaii longhouse, but there are also some on the second floor as well. Third floor rooms have balconies, second floor rooms do not (it's just a patio door with a Juliet style railing).

My recommendation would be to request a third floor room, unless you otherwise don't have a preference either way.

Perfect advice, thank you! Like I said I know next to nothing. Disney is a splurge for us, not a regular trip so it's mostly all new to me.

Perfect advice, thank you! Like I said I know next to nothing. Disney is a splurge for us, not a regular trip so it's mostly all new to me.

If you don't know this, staying CL gives you access to Disney Signature Services (DSS), a pre-planning office of sorts. It's really easy to send in things like room requests over e-mail or via a quick phone call, your preference. Obviously requests aren't guaranteed, but it's worth a shot if you feel strongly about your floor.

DSS's contact info is:
(407) 939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

If you don't know this, staying CL gives you access to Disney Signature Services (DSS), a pre-planning office of sorts. It's really easy to send in things like room requests over e-mail or via a quick phone call, your preference. Obviously requests aren't guaranteed, but it's worth a shot if you feel strongly about your floor.

DSS's contact info is:
(407) 939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

I did not know this! I was just going through our travel agent. Thanks!

What is the best way to travel to and from each park?

MK - Resort Monorail or resort boat (the boat travels in a loop from Poly to MK to GF)

Epcot - Your only option is either walking to the TTC and getting on the Epcot monorail line; or taking the Resort Monorail "around" to the TTC and transfering to the Epcot line. There is no bus from Poly to Epcot, unless the monorail were to not be running.

HS - Bus

AK - Bus

DS - Bus

One can also utilize options such as a Minnie Van or Uber/Lyft/Taxi to Epcot, HS, AK, DS. I will sometimes use one of these in a pinch, especially for things like early morning breakfast ADRs where I don't want to be at the mercy of Disney transport.

Hope that helps!

I did not know this! I was just going through our travel agent. Thanks!

You can communicate with DSS even though you booked through a TA (which isn't normally the case with some Disney functions).

You may want to swing by the CL thread as well. Poly CL gets lots of attention over there.

With Tambu Lounge being closed most of the summer I’m super bummed we will miss it on our trip. Lounges are my favorite part of WDW dining and we had planned to visit Tambu a couple times. Cest la vie! In its place would you recommend an ADR at Kona or just plan to hit Trader Sam’s? Basically what’s the best of Poly dining? We hadn’t planned on Ohana but will consider it.

Fabric softener is actually very bad for technical fabric clothing and should not be used. See this link from Under Armour about how to wash workout gear: https://blog.underarmour.com/how-to-wash-your-workout-gear/

1. Don’t use fabric softener.
Fabric softener can often be blamed for keeping workout clothes from getting totally clean when they are in the wash cycle. Since it tends to coat these types of fibers, fabric softener prevents them from being able to absorb the water when being washed.

END QUOTE

We use Purecosheets in our dryer -- no chemicals or fragrance (to which we are sensitive) (we do *not* use essential oil with them; just them plain) and they pretty much eliminate static, plus make things fluffier: https://www.purecosheet.com/ They are available from various sources online including the manufacturer's website. Our local health food store stocks them in store.

At Poly in December we did some laundry. The machine that sold the detergent and fabric softener packets had some unknown brand I had never heard of. Below is a photo I took of the similar machine in the Copper Creek Villas laundry room later in the same trip. The products are the same.

We brought our own liquid detergent [the machines are HE so only need a small amount; we put it into a leakproof Nalgene bottle and then into a ziploc to be safe for the flight].

Also note: the dispensers in the washing machines can be kind of gunky. Check them before you decide which machine to use.

The poly resort laundry room was clean, quiet, and easy to use [once you found it :-) ]. I did a number of loads and there was only one other person in there when I was using it.

SW

ETA: zoomed in the original picture; the brand is "Ares Green Preference", their website is: http://firstpref.com/products/green-products.html The products in the laundry room are the fabric sheets and the single use powder detergent boxes.
Very informative! I am going to check those sheets out for sure. I have dryer balls that you can use with or without essential oils but didn't know if it would help with static. Thank you for all these tips!

With Tambu Lounge being closed most of the summer I’m super bummed we will miss it on our trip. Lounges are my favorite part of WDW dining and we had planned to visit Tambu a couple times. Cest la vie! In its place would you recommend an ADR at Kona or just plan to hit Trader Sam’s? Basically what’s the best of Poly dining? We hadn’t planned on Ohana but will consider it.
Oh no! This is the first I've heard of this. I hope I can get some bread pudding to bring back to my room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter