Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't "calling you out" nor did I mean to imply that you "made stuff up".

However you've now listed twice as many items as you did originally and reduced your total bill by a few $. Your original list just didn't fit with the amount you spent so I was wondering if the fruit you had bought was the fresh cut stuff. Now it makes sense. Thanks.

And yes, I agree, it is expensive to buy light breakfast grab and go items at CC or any other resort quick service. Always helpful to defray some costs by bringing in some snack items. We've shipped a "goodie" box ahead a few times - cereal, chips, granola bars, even a small jar of peanut butter. Can be helpful, every penny counts.

Sorry if you felt like my previous post was overly critical. Certainly was NOT my intent. I just want everyone to get a clear and fair picture of what to expect on their stay at the Poly, including costs.

Appreciate your contributions to this thread.

Mahalo.

I absolutely did not "reduce my total bill by a few $" in my last post. I said in my OP that the bill was "a little over $50", which is exactly what it was when I itemized it - $51, to me is a little over $50. I did not itemize my first post because I thought most people would get the gist of what I was saying, a few items, a juice (drink) each for a family of 5.

While you say it wasn't your intent, it certainly feels like you are calling me out when you say there is no way our bill was what I said, then take the time to find menu prices to challenge what I posted, now you're saying I changed what I said our bill was?

You said you want everyone to get a clear and fair picture of what to expect at the Poly, including cost. I think the content I have put into this thread gives a very "fair and clear" picture of what to expect from the Poly. Why would I expend this effort and then make exaggerated posts about the cost of staying there? Saying what we got for "a little over $50" in terms of a light meal for 5 people was not "overly critical" IMO, just honest. It's going to cost people that much to purchase individual breakfast items like we did.

(And yes, I agree, if you can ship stuff ahead that's a great option. Unfortunately we don't live in the US so the cost to ship is prohibitive)

Last edited:
Poly is looking good!
Besides the east pool, is the front entrance and the kids splash area the only part of the resort that is still under construction?

I think I saw pictures last week that the entrance is pretty much open again?

From the pictures I'm seeing, it looks like the kiddie area of the pool is close to being done. Any word on when it should be open? Bringing a bunch of little ones the last week of May! Think there's any chance of it being open by then? Thanks for all the wonderful info and pictures! Getting excited!

I do not think the construction will bother you. I was at the Poly last year for Labor Day weekend during the height of the construction, bravely stayed in the Niue longhouse. It was a short trip, so we did not spend a ton of time on the grounds. The construction noise never bothered us during the stay. Could you hear it? Sure, but it's not like they are using a jack hammer outside your door at 6:00 AM nor during the middle of the night. I am going back again this year for Labor Day, CL standard room. This means my room will face the Quiet Pool and I have no concerns at all about noise or what not. The Poly is an amazing place, and I hope your family has a great experience!!
Thank you for posting this experience. There is a separate thread where people talk about being anxious about the East Pool construction. I am one of those anxious people. This will be my first stay at Poly and I don't want that experience to be ruined by construction noise. This gives me hope that the resort is so awesome, it will be worth it. I want monorail access....that is a priority....I do find the long bus rides tedious. So Fingers crossed that I end up feeling the same way you did on your stay!

Omg, yes! I love chocolate croissants.. I was also excited to hear that you can try the Tonga Toast there as well. I was going to try to do Kona twice because I am dying to try both the Tonga Toast and the Pineapple Macadamia Pancakes.
I'm excited to try the Tonga Toast! It looks scrumptious! But....now I will be trying the chocolate croissant as well! Thanks for the tip.

I absolutely did not "reduce my total bill by a few $" in my last post. I said in my OP that the bill was "a little over $50", which is exactly what it was when I itemized it - $51, to me is a little over $50. I did not itemize my first post because I thought most people would get the gist of what I was saying, a few items, a juice (drink) each for a family of 5.

While you say it wasn't your intent, it certainly feels like you are calling me out when you say there is no way our bill was what I said, then take the time to find menu prices to challenge what I posted, now you're saying I changed what I said our bill was?

You said you want everyone to get a clear and fair picture of what to expect at the Poly, including cost. I think the content I have put into this thread gives a very "fair and clear" picture of what to expect from the Poly. Why would I expend this effort and then make exaggerated posts about the cost of staying there? Saying what we got for "a little over $50" in terms of a light meal for 5 people was not "overly critical" IMO, just honest. It's going to cost people that much to purchase individual breakfast items like we did.

(And yes, I agree, if you can ship stuff ahead that's a great option. Unfortunately we don't live in the US so the cost to ship is prohibitive)

Oh geez. I apologized once, what else do you want me to say?? I also thanked you for your work on the thread -- twice!

To be clear, I never said YOU were being overly critical, I apologized if you thought *I* was being overly critical. And I never claimed you were exaggerating. I just suggested you must have purchased something more expensive (like fresh cut fruit) to have spent that much -- which you confirmed in your reply.

Anyway, I won't take any more time in this thread to rehash this -- it's taking away from the intent of the thread. Feel free to report my posts if you feel they are out of line, I'm confident they weren't. Or feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss further, I'm sure we are both reasonable people and we obviously have a shared love of the Poly.

Mahalo.

Omg, yes! I love chocolate croissants.. I was also excited to hear that you can try the Tonga Toast there as well. I was going to try to do Kona twice because I am dying to try both the Tonga Toast and the Pineapple Macadamia Pancakes.

The pancakes are my fave!! I need to figure out how to make them at home, lol!

It does get cancelled due to the weather around that time of year. Not sure what temperature it needs to dip below before they cancel it though.
Thanks for your help. That's what I'm afraid of. I read that the threshold is 50 degrees, and it seems quite possible it could dip that low. Of course, I'm in VA so 50 is typical for us, lol. I think we will go to Ohana this trip and hold off on the luau for another year.

I can't really give you any advice to leaving CL - we are booked in the Hawaii building June 30 - July 7th - GV - I'm not too concerned with the east pool construction - we love CL at Poly for the food, drinks and view of castle/wishes! We spend more time there than looking out of our own room (although I really do hope we end up with a first floor room so we can have the patio and a little extra outdoor space - even if we are looking at construction walls). Maybe we'll see you in the lounge!

I do not think the construction will bother you. I was at the Poly last year for Labor Day weekend during the height of the construction, bravely stayed in the Niue longhouse. It was a short trip, so we did not spend a ton of time on the grounds. The construction noise never bothered us during the stay. Could you hear it? Sure, but it's not like they are using a jack hammer outside your door at 6:00 AM nor during the middle of the night. I am going back again this year for Labor Day, CL standard room. This means my room will face the Quiet Pool and I have no concerns at all about noise or what not. The Poly is an amazing place, and I hope your family has a great experience!!

I'm new here and I am so excited to be able to stay at the Poly for our first time at this resort. We are staying CL LV in June. I was worried about the construction going on til I saw all the pictures on this thread. I'm not as worried anymore. Thanks for the great thread. I'm excited to see many more pictures and even more so to see it in person.

Last night, I was dead set on moving to WL for part of our trip. I have a split-stay booked. First three nights CL GV at Poly, then we move to the BC for the next four nights. Now I'm just waffling. The first night, it's just me, my 12-year-old daughter, and three-year-old daughter. We'll probably head to DTD at first day, spend a few hours there and then go to the pool before making it an early night. I plan to hit the MK early the next morning and spend s few hours before coming back to the resort. My sister and 18-year-old niece are flying in the next day. They've never been to the Poly. I've been twice with my older daughter. I know even once my sister and niece arrive, we'll likely spend most of our time at the resort. This is really supposed to be more of a hang out and enjoy the company type vacation, not running frantically from ride to ride. The pictures posted here give me hope it won't be a terrible mess when we're there. I just hate the thought of my sister and niece having a horrible impression of the resort and wondering what the heck I was thinking even planning a vacation there.

Hi Tarak! I think with the main pool open. Trader Sams ( really looking forward to outside patio and entertainer), pineapple Lanai for Dole Whip, and enjoying Wishes & Water Parade will be enough to keep us happy.
I have 2 weeks booked in August, so far sticking with it.

Apparently, the main pool has been closed this morning as well. Anybody knows what is going on, this time...?

I was just starting to feel warm and fuzzy about my upcoming trip. Now all these issues with the pool and the monorail have me worried.

Pictures of some really big trucks have showed up now that apparently are something to do with the pool area. I don't think it's a poop situation.

Pictures of some really big trucks have showed up now that apparently are something to do with the pool area. I don't think it's a poop situation.

Yes, I've seen the picture... We are going to the Poly in 8 days and this makes me really nervous.

Last night, I was dead set on moving to WL for part of our trip. I have a split-stay booked. First three nights CL GV at Poly, then we move to the BC for the next four nights. Now I'm just waffling. The first night, it's just me, my 12-year-old daughter, and three-year-old daughter. We'll probably head to DTD at first day, spend a few hours there and then go to the pool before making it an early night. I plan to hit the MK early the next morning and spend s few hours before coming back to the resort. My sister and 18-year-old niece are flying in the next day. They've never been to the Poly. I've been twice with my older daughter. I know even once my sister and niece arrive, we'll likely spend most of our time at the resort. This is really supposed to be more of a hang out and enjoy the company type vacation, not running frantically from ride to ride. The pictures posted here give me hope it won't be a terrible mess when we're there. I just hate the thought of my sister and niece having a horrible impression of the resort and wondering what the heck I was thinking even planning a vacation there.

Hi Tarak! You're definitely not alone here...can't even tell you how many times I've second-guessed our decision. Heck, just this weekend I brought up possibly moving resorts to the family after reading the most recent pool issues but they "talked me off the cliff" and everyone wants to stay put :). Also, I have to admit that after seeing the pics Kook recently posted, I'm feeling much better about our decision to stay put.

Hi Tarak! I think with the main pool open. Trader Sams ( really looking forward to outside patio and entertainer), pineapple Lanai for Dole Whip, and enjoying Wishes & Water Parade will be enough to keep us happy.
I have 2 weeks booked in August, so far sticking with it.

:thumbsup2

Kook: Thanks for sharing the pics
maiapapaya: Thanks for the new thread

Still very excited and very much looking forward to our first Poly stay!!!

Add me to the list of those worried about East pool construction. We are staying Club Level for the first time in October and our budget only allowed for GVCL Don't get me wrong, excited to stay Club level for the first time but since there aren't any more lagoon side rooms considered garden view, what would you put in for a room request? First time we stayed at the Poly we stayed in Tokelau and had a balcony overlooking the quiet pool. It was BEAUTIFUL!! I am just wondering if I should request another balcony/third floor for CL or if we would prefer patio level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter