Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who have used it, what is your experience with Instacart and their delivery to the poly? 3 years ago we used garden grocer, but when I looked at instacart today, they offer more choices (especially certain items I was looking for) and some stuff was better priced. If I was to order something that needs to be refrigerated, would Poly make accommodations for that? I’m just thinking that we arrive at 830am & plan to check in and go directly to MK. We are fully aware that our room most likely won’t be ready. Do I have to be present for an instacart delivery or will the Poly store it until we return? I just don’t want items to spoil. Truthfully, I can’t remember how this was handled with Garden Grocer 3 years ago - although I feel like it was delivered to the resort when we were settling into our room. Any advice is appreciated!

I just used instacart in April at BC and it was perfect. No problems at all. I chose to be there for delivery they give you a 1 hour window but they can leave it with Bell services. The prices were great as was the service on time and couteous . They do not allow tipping. They do make substitutions but if you do not want them to you can indicate that. There is a coupon offered for $5-10 off your first order on the website

For those who have used it, what is your experience with Instacart and their delivery to the poly? 3 years ago we used garden grocer, but when I looked at instacart today, they offer more choices (especially certain items I was looking for) and some stuff was better priced. If I was to order something that needs to be refrigerated, would Poly make accommodations for that? I’m just thinking that we arrive at 830am & plan to check in and go directly to MK. We are fully aware that our room most likely won’t be ready. Do I have to be present for an instacart delivery or will the Poly store it until we return? I just don’t want items to spoil. Truthfully, I can’t remember how this was handled with Garden Grocer 3 years ago - although I feel like it was delivered to the resort when we were settling into our room. Any advice is appreciated!

We used InstaCart in May with delivery to Poly and the deliveries all were fine. We had cold items that were kept cold by bell services. We did not have to be present when groceries were delivered (we did not order alcohol so not sure on if you must be present for that.) We received an email from Instacart telling what time the groceries had been delivered, who the driver was and a list of the items delivered.

I will say with three Instacart deliveries, there was an issue with bell services each time. Once it took three phone calls to get all of our items. We had the email list of what had been delivered so we knew what was missing. I don't know if it's because the order was split up and stored in various places at bell series - which makes sense since some was cold. But just check and be sure you get all of your items and if not follow up with bell services.

Great post! Do you think staying here is worth it for the price? Always wanted to stay, just couldn't get myself to spend the money.
If you like it but do nt want to spend the money do what I do.

Sometimes I have stayed at values /mods but do this.

Go to MK in the morning then mono or boat to poly for lunch. CC's or Kona or even a drink by the beach. (Or go to any park but when leave take bus/mono to Poly instead of your resort)

You can then just catch bus or mono for the evening park from poly. Really only the pool is not allowed so have fun! I also like to stop over at gf . The beach pool bar area is a nice little spot.

Dd and I often leave a park and catch a bus to a random hotel. We walk around for an hour then head back to MK and make our way to our resort (usually a mono one) from there.

So fun!

Oh we bus to wl then walk through to back and catch boat to CR then mono to our resort.

Why? When midday ride lines are long this is a nice relaxing way to enjoy midday if not pool weather.

Two things....

Are there microwaves in the standard rooms? (like Fiji)

How much do the refillable mugs cost?

For those of you who are DVC, there is a new booking category which will allow you to book 2 connecting Studios at the same time. I posted the screenshot in the DVC forum. Great for those who need 2 rooms.
Worth noting: They are not bookable like this yet. They're in RAT. They cannot be booked online or via MS as such.

IT 4 tha win

We just got home on Friday from our latest WDW vacation. Now I am planning our June 2020 visit & at this point we've decided on the Poly as our hotel for that trip! We've loved it since our first family trip in 2010 when we stayed at CR & came to Poly for the O'hana breakfast. Looking forward to the Luau and eating at different restaurants on the monorail loop.

Piggy backing off the earlier question about instacart: is there a fee for bell services to accept orders now? I know there were talks about it around the time of our last trip, but no charges at that point. I’m thinking about making a couple smaller orders since we will be ordering mostly perishable items and the fridges won’t hold too much. If there is an additional feee, we might plan differently.

Everyone on this board is awesome! Thanks for all the tips and answers.

Is Anyone currently there - or anyone who was recently there - who can take a photo of the fountain drink options? Just trying to decide if the refillable mug is worth it.

Thanks!

Piggy backing off the earlier question about instacart: is there a fee for bell services to accept orders now? I know there were talks about it around the time of our last trip, but no charges at that point. I’m thinking about making a couple smaller orders since we will be ordering mostly perishable items and the fridges won’t hold too much. If there is an additional feee, we might plan differently.
For Grocery orders there is no service charge. However if you have stuff shipped from Amazon there is. At least that is how it was for us last December

We just got home on Friday from our latest WDW vacation. Now I am planning our June 2020 visit & at this point we've decided on the Poly as our hotel for that trip! We've loved it since our first family trip in 2010 when we stayed at CR & came to Poly for the O'hana breakfast. Looking forward to the Luau and eating at different restaurants on the monorail loop.

Hope you had a great trip. How exciting to be planning a future trip to the Poly! June 2020 seems like a long ways off, but it will be here before you know it! Have fun with all the planning :goodvibes.

Does anyone know of a thread or maybe a post in this thread that has recent advice on which mode of disney transportation to use for which park or other destinations?

The Poly is confusing to me because there are so many options including walking over to TTC.

Does anyone know of a thread or maybe a post in this thread that has recent advice on which mode of disney transportation to use for which park or other destinations?

The Poly is confusing to me because there are so many options including walking over to TTC.
Resort monorail or ferry to MK.
Walk to TTC to catch EP monorail.
Bus everywhere else!

Resort monorail or ferry to MK.
Walk to TTC to catch EP monorail.
Bus everywhere else!

And the Minnie Vans were pretty easy to get as well - we needed to be at AK early one morning so splurged and it was awesome! We needed two of them and used all four car seats which were expertly and efficiently installed. Unfortunately no luck getting one on the return trip from AK to Poly around 3:00 pm so just took the bus.

Does the boat launch from Poly or the TTC? And is there a difference between the ferry and boat transportation? Perhaps both are available.

Boat launches from the Poly, right behind the pool on the dock. On the way back from MK, it stops at the GF before the Poly. The boat from the Poly is a much shorter walk than the Ferry from the TTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter