Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our trip to the Polynesian, which was only a couple of weeks ago, but feels like months, was a game changer for me. We found PARADISE totally by accident. GF has always been my ultimate goal, and BC was our favorite so far. DD really wanted to try the Poly, and this trip was to appease her. Well, we are sold. No matter how fabulous other resorts are, the Poly gave us a feeling that I can hardly put into words.

Last weekend, I spent the day at my brother's house for his granddaughter's 3rd birthday party. He has multiple mylenoma, and his fight to live is for his granddaughter. He is at the age of retirement but continues to work for medical insurance. He has looked forward to retirement his entire life, and now that he is just about there, he is very ill and cannot do anything that he planned on doing. (My sister is also in very bad health and retired.) My brother left me with the feeling that I have no time to waste, no time to dream about the future.

The future is now.

I need my slice of PARADISE now, not nine years from now. Who knows what will happen in the next nine years before I retire? Instead of putting my happiness on hold, I am choosing to grab it now. We usually vacation every three years or so. From here on out, we will vacation at least once a year if not twice a year from here on.

PARADISE found.

I wish your brother and sister the best of luck and health!

I am so happy to hear that you found your paradise and are seizing the opportunity to vacation more! My mother retired a few years ago and seeing people in similar scenarios has made her feel the same way. It is funny that a relaxing trip to Polynesian in 2016 helped push her to that point. She no longer wants to wait to see the new attractions or visit next year for a specific holiday season. If we have the time, we go! Enjoy your future trips! :-)

We just returned from Polynesian CL. We'd booked GV through a travel agent. I requested 1/3 floor non connecting. When we arrived they said it was a first floor connecting. I asked just for a non connecting room. Was told second floor was available at end of hall. Surprise it was a lagoon view 2518 right next to door to stairs. No balcony or patio but we could see fireworks! Quiet room and nobody used stairs next to room. Just excited kids above who returned later at night and thumped and jumped but after 15 minutes or so stopped.

Gorgeous grounds. Fantastic mouse keeping - room done by noon daily. Never had security knock while we were there.

Last edited:
Are you taking the DME to the airport? I always wondered if they allow you to adjust your time if your flight is delayed. I’d much rather wait out more of a delay at the resort than in the airport!

Enjoy the rest of your time at the Poly!

Took DME. I asked to see if they changed the pick up time and they said no. So we boarded at 5:50 for our now even later flight. Current departure time is 11:55pm.....

Are you taking the DME to the airport? I always wondered if they allow you to adjust your time if your flight is delayed. I’d much rather wait out more of a delay at the resort than in the airport!

Enjoy the rest of your time at the Poly!

They do not.

Our flight home was delayed several hours [with the time frequently changing]. I asked if DME would let us adjust our pickup time and the answer was no, they only allow it if the flight is canceled, because the departure time of delayed flights can change a lot, which ours did -- at one point it was into the next morning, but then got turned back so it was still the same day...

SW

They do not.

Our flight home was delayed several hours [with the time frequently changing]. I asked if DME would let us adjust our pickup time and the answer was no, they only allow it if the flight is canceled, because the departure time of delayed flights can change a lot, which ours did -- at one point it was into the next morning, but then got turned back so it was still the same day...

SW
That’s terrible! Who wants to get stuck waiting at the airport when you could instead relax at your resort?

I think I might cancel DME and take a cab later instead.

Took DME. I asked to see if they changed the pick up time and they said no. So we boarded at 5:50 for our now even later flight. Current departure time is 11:55pm.....

They do not.

SW

That’s terrible! Who wants to get stuck waiting at the airport when you could instead relax at your resort?

Thanks for the information! I had a feeling that was the case, because if the delay changes they wouldn’t want to be responsible for you missing your flight! It hasn’t happened to us (yet), but I’ll have to weigh our options if it ever does.

Our trip to the Polynesian, which was only a couple of weeks ago, but feels like months, was a game changer for me. We found PARADISE totally by accident. GF has always been my ultimate goal, and BC was our favorite so far. DD really wanted to try the Poly, and this trip was to appease her. Well, we are sold. No matter how fabulous other resorts are, the Poly gave us a feeling that I can hardly put into words.

Last weekend, I spent the day at my brother's house for his granddaughter's 3rd birthday party. He has multiple mylenoma, and his fight to live is for his granddaughter. He is at the age of retirement but continues to work for medical insurance. He has looked forward to retirement his entire life, and now that he is just about there, he is very ill and cannot do anything that he planned on doing. (My sister is also in very bad health and retired.) My brother left me with the feeling that I have no time to waste, no time to dream about the future.

The future is now.

I need my slice of PARADISE now, not nine years from now. Who knows what will happen in the next nine years before I retire? Instead of putting my happiness on hold, I am choosing to grab it now. We usually vacation every three years or so. From here on out, we will vacation at least once a year if not twice a year from here on.

PARADISE found.

I wish the best for your brother and sister :hug:.

Glad you found your paradise! We feel the same way about the Poly. While we've loved all of the resorts we've stayed at, the Poly remains our favorite. We love everything about the Poly, but it's especially hard to beat the beautiful tropical atmosphere and the distant view of the castle across the lagoon :cloud9:.

We made it!

Have a great time! :yay:

13 more days to go, we will definitely be having a couple of lunches by the quiet pool!!!! :beach::banana:

I asked our TA to add a request for 3rd floor balcony or 1st floor patio, I haven't added a building request because I really just don't know which to choose. It will be the luck of the draw for us, I just hope not to face the parking lot. :crazy2:

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Flight delayed even more....11:15 arrives at 2 am. It’s 4pm. Need to pull my kids from the pool at 5 so they can take a quick shower.

I'm sorry about the longer delay :(. Hope the flight takes off with no more delays or a cancellation.

We just returned from Polynesian CL. We'd booked GV through a travel agent. I requested 1/3 floor non connecting. When we arrived they said it was a first floor connecting. I asked just for a non connecting room. Was told second floor was available at end of hall. Surprise it was a lagoon view 2518 right next to door to stairs. No balcony or patio but we could see fireworks! Quiet room and nobody used stairs next to room. Just excited kids above who returned later at night and thumped and jumped but after 15 minutes or so stopped.

Gorgeous grounds. Fantastic mouse keeping - room done by noon daily. Never had security knock while we were there.

Sorry your requests weren't met, but looks like you ended up getting a great room! Sounds like you had a great trip :).

That stinks! Hope the time at the airport passes quickly ;).

We are staying poly dvc for the first time and have decided to do resort week and no parks. We like to sleep in, so I’m wondering what we can do on resort? What do you do to relax? I am disabled, I can do some walking but not much. Thanks looking forward to hearing your ideas and thoughts.

We met at the pool today! I was the one who sent my kids to play the pool games and get a prize. I hope your flight doesn’t get delayed again.

The pools been closed for awhile because of storms. I hope they pass before Happily Ever After so I can watch the show from the beach.

Thanks for the information! I had a feeling that was the case, because if the delay changes they wouldn’t want to be responsible for you missing your flight! It hasn’t happened to us (yet), but I’ll have to weigh our options if it ever does.

I had some lady in the precheck line behind me and she said her flight was delayed to SLC but is now back to on time. The airport is crazy but slowly dying down. We are at the end of the terminal. Three flights landed with in 1/2 of one another which meant 3 flights left, actually 3rd is boarding now with in the 1/2 hour. Hopefully in 3 1/2 hrs we will be in the air.

We met at the pool today! I was the one who sent my kids to play the pool games and get a prize. I hope your flight doesn’t get delayed again.

The pools been closed for awhile because of storms. I hope they pass before Happily Ever After so I can watch the show from the beach.

Oh my gosh! It was so nice to chat with you! How was chef Mickeys? I figured the pools would be closed and open all day. It closed late morning but we hung out. Then it closed again around 4 because a kid vomited for about 1/2 hour. I was in the shower room with my oldest handing her shampoo, soap, towels, clothes (I wish they made those better!) and heard the 3 whistles and couldn’t figure out why. Then my other kid went in and I heard them again and it was HOt! I just wanted to jump in fully clothed.

I can’t wait to hear about your trip (even if it’s thru a message). Once you go deluxe.....enjoy your trip!

We are staying poly dvc for the first time and have decided to do resort week and no parks. We like to sleep in, so I’m wondering what we can do on resort? What do you do to relax? I am disabled, I can do some walking but not much. Thanks looking forward to hearing your ideas and thoughts.
1. Rent a cabana at the Oasis Pool, enjoy the food and drink at the pool bar.

2. Get a handmade lei in the lobby.

3. Take a fireworks cruise.

4. Tour the monorail resorts, shop, and dine in their restaurants.

5. Check out Trader Sam’s.

The Hawaiian music and lush tropical plants will help you relax no matter what you plan to do. Enjoy paradise.

THis is the reason we were given. And our departure time changed by *hours* forward and backward, proving them correct. Though we still departed quite a bit after the original departure [the plane we ended up on had not left its origin by the time of our original departure...].

A long time to spend at MCO, especially after 9 pm when most things close up.

SW

Problem is, the delay time can change; you could even end upp departing back close to your original time. Ours changed by hours forward and backward even getting back to within 30 minutes of the original time (@ about an hour before the flight).

SW

1. Rent a cabana at the Oasis Pool, enjoy the food and drink at the pool bar.

2. Get a handmade lei in the lobby.

3. Take a fireworks cruise.

4. Tour the monorail resorts, shop, and dine in their restaurants.

5. Check out Trader Sam’s.

The Hawaiian music and lush tropical plants will help you relax no matter what you plan to do. Enjoy paradise.

Also Hulu lessons, the torch lighting ceremony, campfire, and movie on the green.

SW

After spending a week at the Poly with one Cabana/pool day, I still feel as if I missed out on a lot. We never got to even try to go to Trader Sam's. I didn't get to swim in the Lava Pool at all let alone watch the fireworks from there. We didn't even see them from the beach. I walked by the lovely lady making the real flower leis by hand, but didn't get a chance to get my own. There's just so much to do, and we were too busy. Next time, I want to have at least three resort days.
We’ve planned a resort day for the first time on our next visit - our first stay at the Poly. Now I’m thinking resort day on arrival day too. I just know I’ll miss out on so much at the Poly!!!

We’ve planned a resort day for the first time on our next visit - our first stay at the Poly. Now I’m thinking resort day on arrival day too. I just know I’ll miss out on so much at the Poly!!!

We always plan our arrival day as a resort day [we may have other resort days too, or even a resort-only trip, but arrival day is a travel & resort day]. It allows forgiveness if the flight is delayed (no worries about missing an ADR or special event). It lets us relax and decompress and explore at our resort while we wait for the room to be ready [our room gets a special cleaning so is rarely ready early and is sometimes ready later vs normal checkin time]. Except for a park bag or the personal item from the flight, we leave our bags with Bell Services, letting us explore more easily. And sometimes, we just need to sit for an hour in the lobby to relax after a long day of travel [which will have started before 4 am with us not arriving at WDW until mid afternoon at thee earliest].

It also lets us catch various resort activities [e.g. at Poly the torch lighting, campfire, electric water pagent] at a relaxed pace. We don't have to BE anywhere specific and can just go with what we feel like/up to.

SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter