Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear such positive reports from Rarotonga! I think I’ve settled in requesting 1st floor, Rarotonga. We have always been Tokelau fans and prefer that side of the resort. I think we’d be happy with this building.

Me too, I loved Tokelau. I was so sad when it went DVC. I stayed Rarotonga once before and loved it. We were 3rd floor facing the pool and could see the high fireworks. Last week we were monorail view...which we all loved!

Me too, I loved Tokelau. I was so sad when it went DVC. I stayed Rarotonga once before and loved it. We were 3rd floor facing the pool and could see the high fireworks. Last week we were monorail view...which we all loved!
Thank you, that’s definitely going to be our request then! I too am sad that Tokelau is DVC now. Such problems, lol

Thank you, that’s definitely going to be our request then! I too am sad that Tokelau is DVC now. Such problems, lol

I like it so much that it would be my first request and then either 1st or 3rd floor as 2nd request. I love the balcony/lanai for last Monday whenit was pouring and my son and I had to get out of the pool so we had a place to dry off under cover.

I wish there was a Polynesian Village Resort in Disneyland, California. We are trying to plan our trip, and nothing is jumping out at me.

I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel earlier this year. FWIW, to me it was like the perfect blend of CR with some Poly elements too (that's where Trader Sam's is out there). The resort did not really appeal to me from afar at all and I had done very little research in advance...but I really liked it there. Retro and modern all in one with elements of "Walt" everywhere. I was only there for a very short stay but I've been itching to go back.

A bartender at The Tambu Lounge today said it will be closed for its upcoming refurbishment beginning this Sunday.

I asked if you could still order bread pudding from the temporary bar set up and he said, yes, if the cocktail servers were working, but if it’s just the bartender working, then no.

A bartender at The Tambu Lounge today said it will be closed for its upcoming refurbishment beginning this Sunday.

I asked if you could still order bread pudding from the temporary bar set up and he said, yes, if the cocktail servers were working, but if it’s just the bartender working, then no.

Hmmm I thought I saw a post somewhere that the Tambu lounge refurbishment was postponed...trying to find the post
Oops never mind found the post on All Ears and it just said the lounge was supposed to close on 8/5 but that was postponed...obviously til this weekend.

Hmmm I thought I saw a post somewhere that the Tambu lounge refurbishment was postponed...trying to find the post
I don’t know. Maybe. I’m just reporting what I was told. If I notice or hear about anything else in the next few days, I’ll report back.

Thanks! We will only be there for three nights and two park days. We are only planning on visiting Disneyland, not California Adventure. Which resort is closest to Disneyland?
I wouldnt write off CA! Park hopping in DL is SO different, the entrances actually face each other and are only a couple hundred feet apart from what I remember (its been 10 years!). You dont even cross a road. My friend and I went for a single day, and we ended up hopping back and forth all day, and even managed to get from the back of DL to the rollercoaster in CA in like 20ish minutes while powerwalking because we wanted to ride it one more time before park close. We also had a TON of fun in CA years before they even started the massive overhaul and retheming, and I've heard its so much better now than it was then. Just something to keep in mind. Also, from what I've heard if distance is the main factor, outside of GC there are actully non-Disney hotels closer than the other two

I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel earlier this year. FWIW, to me it was like the perfect blend of CR with some Poly elements too (that's where Trader Sam's is out there). The resort did not really appeal to me from afar at all and I had done very little research in advance...but I really liked it there. Retro and modern all in one with elements of "Walt" everywhere. I was only there for a very short stay but I've been itching to go back.
That helps a lot. Thanks.

I wouldnt write off CA! Park hopping in DL is SO different, the entrances actually face each other and are only a couple hundred feet apart from what I remember (its been 10 years!). You dont even cross a road. My friend and I went for a single day, and we ended up hopping back and forth all day, and even managed to get from the back of DL to the rollercoaster in CA in like 20ish minutes while powerwalking because we wanted to ride it one more time before park close. We also had a TON of fun in CA years before they even started the massive overhaul and retheming, and I've heard its so much better now than it was then. Just something to keep in mind. Also, from what I've heard if distance is the main factor, outside of GC there are actully non-Disney hotels closer than the other two
I have a torn meniscus, so I'm not trying to do a lot of extra walking, especially back and forth between parks. I had a wheelchair in WDW. On the first day, I pushed it most of the time and sat in it when it was too much. That night my knee really bothered me, so for the rest of the trip, DH had to push me in the wheelchair full time. I'm trying to figure out if taking the monorail into the park will help at all or if riding the train will alleviate some walking. I would like to avoid another wheelchair rental if possible.

The rides and attractions that we are really interested in are in Disneyland. So we will focus on that.

But, thanks for your suggestion.

jNk5aJAFinJl_LuSiDoeInd4YkeoGhDFjUiEWFHBt1TYeTGxT6VDmLtgn3ZGJjp5NgIMxuFiIT3eij0K2KbFB3Ew8OUzHw4kYatcVZ4Iu0IiKquGXA71G9oVTHsAuwRQ1WT0WZ0o3L4N--Xl153ObAypcGYTUcOCwhGaN66w0jWyjrtgP5gOiui_W1HLmf3jJ-T0zJ4reqkxtYzy4sNZzNg-zizK_gSUAXaXr2hf5Rw8Indgm22bys7KE5a-hbpk6pkE3UOOzTD61cxyBo4BRvQOH2Yj-JIOXPq5IuMP0yjhlIikP8JvSlI8Qe430eCs_JvpztnvPXB-VAqmkVVvX_DGrRPiEdK34c8uLHDEIUbaKDuR5nALFQhBoLGMyi2SjHmZWOkGWNcH3MegHLoES9qbFbuKNrGLqykmN0iI3lJ7gJUPSig4J4oU6uVxbD1_M5weOF7-9dG_Mnc1V3hrI74MLGnthLEdisjBRP8AR1idd6b4hc2veD6ebxnYAkimAyzcGdh674B5nTFxCy1jPWpJzo2Eg1ZSPSfCkmZ7AWukEo2kK1cQcGLSUX591KtzuH93afyjKT6jjofIb_PN2yhoPzAGH87GZznLXKzl=w513-h912-no

You are a hero for asking this! Nice to know I can still get the bread pudding there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter