Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the resort side (not the DVC/villa side), it’s the Cuisenart pod machines. I keep waiting for Poly to switch to the Keurigs like some other resorts... maybe someday.

View attachment 366084

View attachment 366085
Your picture reminded me that I failed to mention in my review of my recent stay at the Poly CL that I loved the little alcove for the coffee maker and fridge and supplies in the little drawers below....pleased my OCD and even had an empty drawer to store my sweetener and cream cups plus it was near the bathroom faucets. So, so, so much better than the GF with the coffee (yes Keurigs, but still) all the way across the room on the desk which a) took up a ton of room on the desk which we needed for other stuff and b) meant schlepping the water from the bathroom across the entire room. Score one for the Poly rooms over GF.

Quick trip report...stayed in a studio room last week. The room was nice and clean (but absolutely not worth over $500 USD/night, lol). We loved the grounds, atmosphere and pool areas. The quick service and pool bar were great- nice selection and fair prices. Having the monorail right there was awesome when we had to leave early for EMM at MK.

Had a few small issues with the room (we got an accessible room and it had the most annoying door ever), safe wasn't working which caused delays on our first morning, phone was from like 1983 and no one ever answered it when I tried to call housekeeping, the front desk or concierge, the elevator was also from like 1970 (weird seeing an old elevator in a nicely redecorated building), the room was SO DARK (a bunch of lights didn't work- I asked housekeeping to look into it when the safe was being fixed and nothing changed with the lights...so I guess some of the switches were just there for show!), the room request form on TP was pointless (didn't get the building or floor I requested)- so I would't bother doing that again.

Oh and just a note if anyone wants to use instacart- it all went smoothly, even got pictures texted of it being delivered to bell services! The case of water I got was awesome when it was 80+ every day.

Last edited:
After 5 years in a row staying at the Poly, we just got back from a week at Wilderness Lodge to try something new. WL was lovely, but we missed the Poly and will definitely be back next year.

My DH likes Disney, but isn't "Disney Crazy" like I am. During our trip last week we had a dinner ADR at 'Ohana and when we walked in the front doors of the Poly, my DH said "It smells like home". I had to agree with him.

Can't wait until next November to be back at the Poly.

Quick trip report...stayed in a studio room last week. The room was nice and clean (but absolutely not worth over $500 USD/night, lol). We loved the grounds, atmosphere and pool areas. The quick service and pool bar were great- nice selection and fair prices. Having the monorail right there was awesome when we had to leave early for EMM at MK.

Had a few small issues with the room (we got an accessible room and it had the most annoying door ever), safe wasn't working which caused delays on our first morning, phone was from like 1983 and no one ever answered it when I tried to call housekeeping, the front desk or concierge, the elevator was also from like 1970 (weird seeing an old elevator in a nicely redecorated building), the room was SO DARK (a bunch of lights didn't work- I asked housekeeping to look into it when the safe was being fixed and nothing changed with the lights...so I guess some of the switches were just there for show!), the room request form on TP was pointless (didn't get the building or floor I requested)- so I would't bother doing that again.

Oh and just a note if anyone wants to use instacart- it all went smoothly, even got pictures texted of it being delivered to bell services! The case of water I got was awesome when it was 80+ every day.

Thanks for your review. Sorry about the few issues you had, but hope you had a nice trip overall :).

After 5 years in a row staying at the Poly, we just got back from a week at Wilderness Lodge to try something new. WL was lovely, but we missed the Poly and will definitely be back next year.

My DH likes Disney, but isn't "Disney Crazy" like I am. During our trip last week we had a dinner ADR at 'Ohana and when we walked in the front doors of the Poly, my DH said "It smells like home". I had to agree with him.

Can't wait until next November to be back at the Poly.

I know what you mean! I do enjoy trying different resorts, but the Poly will always be my favorite. I agree that the WL is a great resort, but there's just something about the Poly that makes it feel like home. Have fun planning your November Poly trip :wizard:.

21 days till check in and I have some questions.
Staying in a studio/standard view
1. Extra towels? Do I request this when we check in? Does anyone know how much the extra towel package is?
2. Comfort of sofa bed? Hard as a rock..sort of soft...or just bring a mattress pad for extra comfort?
3. Average walk time to the Main house from any standard view studio?

Anything else I need to know. It’s our first time at Poly.

Hi. How far are the villa longhouses from the main house?
Is it hard to book the Poly Villas from 11 months out if I am booking with David's dvc?

Hi. How far are the villa longhouses from the main house?
Is it hard to book the Poly Villas from 11 months out if I am booking with David's dvc?

All depends on what time of year you are booking AND if David's has a renter for the Polynesian Villas ready and willing to rent. October (if that is the 11 month window you are looking for) is a big month for DVC owners to visit.

All depends on what time of year you are booking AND if David's has a renter for the Polynesian Villas ready and willing to rent. October (if that is the 11 month window you are looking for) is a big month for DVC owners to visit.
Ok thank you. Our hopes are end of sept/beginning of Oct. Didn't take into consideration that he has to have an owner for there. I thought all DVC owners can book anywhere. But then again they can but only after 7 months, right?

1. Extra towels? Do I request this when we check in? Does anyone know how much the extra towel package is?
2. Comfort of sofa bed? Hard as a rock..sort of soft...or just bring a mattress pad for extra comfort?

Anything else I need to know. It’s our first time at Poly.

I can't answer your questions as we've never stayed in a studio, but hopefully others familiar with DVC will be able to help :flower3:.

Our hopes are end of sept/beginning of Oct. Didn't take into consideration that he has to have an owner for there. I thought all DVC owners can book anywhere. But then again they can but only after 7 months, right?

You are correct that owners can book anywhere, but when they can book is determined by where they are booking (home resort vs other resort). They can book their home resort 11 months out, but must wait until 7 months out to book elsewhere :).

Ok thank you. Our hopes are end of sept/beginning of Oct. Didn't take into consideration that he has to have an owner for there. I thought all DVC owners can book anywhere. But then again they can but only after 7 months, right?

Yes but you have to keep in mind that once the 7 month window is open there are a lot of owners who want to switch their reservation to something different or closer to the action. Basically during fall, lots of people can be locked out of more desirable resorts. As an owner, all I need to do is waitlist and take the chance it will come through. Brokers, on the other hand, often will not waitlist as that doesn't really allow for a clear cut transaction. Plus it doesn't really benefit the owner or the broker that much because they receive less inside the 7 month window and will have to be online early in the morning to get the reservation and hope they can be the fastest to whatever is left over.

That being said, if you want to go next year late september/early october is already open for booking. It doesn't hurt to contact them but they may not have anyone available right now for Polynesian points. But I would have something else in mind as a backup.

1. Extra towels? Do I request this when we check in?

Yes.

Does anyone know how much the extra towel package is?

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio - $10.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $15.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $20.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $30.00 for each day requested

We've had one hard as a rock and one sort of soft.

3-5 minutes.

Yes.

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio - $10.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $15.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $20.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $30.00 for each day requested

We've had one hard as a rock and one sort of soft.

3-5 minutes.

Thank you!!

From the villa longhouses, is there anywhere to get coffee/drink refills other than the ceremonial building area?

SO EXCITED for my first stay at the Poly for two nights to open up 2019 Marathon Weekend! I've been the the Poly a million times, but I've never stayed there!

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay. The resort is amazing, you will love it! :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter