Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe it's finally here! We'll be arriving at the Polynesian tomorrow -- first time even seeing it in person. I requested Fiji (the views on standards look nice!), but I'll be happy with pretty much anything. We have Ohana reservations at 8. We'll probably get there around 4-5 so wondering what to do while we wait, other than explore! Do you have any arrival traditions?

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Have a great time :yay:.

We like to just check out our resort on arrival day, if there is just a bit of extra time.

I second this! The Poly is a great resort to just walk around taking everything in after checking in :goodvibes.

Two questions!

1. Is there anywhere at the Polynesian to buy a mug? Would love a souvenir!
2. Do they sell wine anywhere on property in the bottle - we're going on a cruise and would love to bring some without going to the grocery store :)

bBu_7Kn03vPm8-ok4c2hAyoHgJillGTdMToQZ7CUvgFjvEKbMrNJ3IcUrN4bv-yQiUo33EaIpATyGF6GGjupsNvF98lvZt9pQ8hZopxFxRTFyYDju7Pwvx2T6r6hHm-jhcpo7qTDqg=w2400

This is the store upstairs in the main Poly lobby. Taken in August.

Two questions!

1. Is there anywhere at the Polynesian to buy a mug? Would love a souvenir!
2. Do they sell wine anywhere on property in the bottle - we're going on a cruise and would love to bring some without going to the grocery store :)
Resort themed merchandise will be in BouTiki on the first floor of the Great Ceremonial House and alcohol will be available in the Monana Mercantile on the second floor of the Great Ceremonial House.

I can't believe it's finally here! We'll be arriving at the Polynesian tomorrow -- first time even seeing it in person. I requested Fiji (the views on standards look nice!), but I'll be happy with pretty much anything. We have Ohana reservations at 8. We'll probably get there around 4-5 so wondering what to do while we wait, other than explore! Do you have any arrival traditions?
We are arriving tomorrow as well!! Safe travels!

Random question - but just checking...is it acceptable to bring little ones to the “lounge” like Tambu or Brown Derby Lounge at HS? I assumed so since it is WDW but I would never show up to a “lounge” with my kids in tow anywhere else.

I think it's perfectly fine so long as you (or they) are not sitting at the bar. Get a table and you're all good.

Can anyone confirm if the gift shop still sell bottles of Blushing Orange Disney shampoo? I was able to buy a couple of bottles last time we were there in 2017 and was hoping they still had them. If anyone knows if they sell them someplace else I wouldn't mind knowing that either. Thanks! :)

Can anyone confirm if the gift shop still sell bottles of Blushing Orange Disney shampoo? I was able to buy a couple of bottles last time we were there in 2017 and was hoping they still had them. If anyone knows if they sell them someplace else I wouldn't mind knowing that either. Thanks! :)

I’m not sure if they have them at the resort shops but they have it on shopDisney.com

For the first time, I’ve planned a no park/resort day for our next trip. This is also our first stay at the Poly what are your favorite things to do at the Poly?

For the first time, I’ve planned a no park/resort day for our next trip. This is also our first stay at the Poly what are your favorite things to do at the Poly?
Polynesian is a beautiful resort. It’s a busy resort and there is lots to see. The lobby has two nice stores to shop/browse. Upstairs there are two restaurants and a lounge to have cocktails. I recommend the lapu lapu :drinking1
Outside you will find Aloha Isle, the dole whip counter and Trader Sam’s grog grotto with indoor and outdoor seating. The pools are great and there is s fantastic splash zone with slides for children. You can walk along the beach. Walk to Grand Floridian, hop on the monorail or ferry. There is quite a bit to see and do. I am sure you will love it!!

I've done the same for our upcoming trip. One whole day to just lounge about the resort, then HDDR for dinner that evening.

I booked one of the pool lounge/cabana but not really a cabana thingy near the quiet pool for the day. It will serve as our home base, we're planning on just lounging by the pool, eating, playing with our daughter, then heading in late afternoon and cleaning up and going to dinner. I'm actually really excited for the quiet day!

Hello, considering staying at the Poly for the first time this summer at the end of July. Which buildings house the standard view guest rooms? I've read some of you requesting buildings and I found the pic of the map that was posted very helpful. But I have no idea which buildings house which type of rooms. Mahalo in advance!! :flower1:

I've done the same for our upcoming trip. One whole day to just lounge about the resort, then HDDR for dinner that evening.

I booked one of the pool lounge/cabana but not really a cabana thingy near the quiet pool for the day. It will serve as our home base, we're planning on just lounging by the pool, eating, playing with our daughter, then heading in late afternoon and cleaning up and going to dinner. I'm actually really excited for the quiet day!

I was going to make a game day decision on the cabana rental, depending on weather and of course availability that day. We have ADRs for Homecomin’ at Disney Springs that evening and will just hang out until nap time for my little then clean up and head to DS. March can not get here fast enough!

The Poly has such a relaxing tropical atmosphere to me that I love to just walk around the grounds taking everything in and/or sit on the beach looking out at the lagoon watching the boats come and go. Have a great trip! :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter