Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I'm just getting my packing list together for my upcoming stay. Does anyone recall if they have added Keurigs to the rooms yet, particularly in the CL rooms?

TIA!!

Hello! I'm just getting my packing list together for my upcoming stay. Does anyone recall if they have added Keurigs to the rooms yet, particularly in the CL rooms?

TIA!!

Not as of Jan (I know that’s not current) and not that I have seen reported (not that that can be taken as fact). My “guess” is if they ever do add them, it will be a part of the room renovation they are supposedly testing. Just a guess though.

Not as of Jan (I know that’s not current) and not that I have seen reported (not that that can be taken as fact). My “guess” is if they ever do add them, it will be a part of the room renovation they are supposedly testing. Just a guess though.
Thank you! I'll just plan on using that fancy coffee machine in the lounge a LOT!

Also, I've got my slippers from last time in case they've stopped with those! :rotfl:

I know that the rooms do not have freezers but does anyone know if I could drop off a couple of ice packs at the front desk and have them put them in a freezer? I am only looking to do this on the night before checkout so we can transport any goodies we buy home.

We have not stayed at Poly yet, but we were able to do this at Boardwalk at the bell services desk. We we having them hold our luggage and we had medication that needed to be refrigerated and ice packs for travel case.They were able to accommodate both requests. Likely could be the same with Poly bell services?

I posted in a GF Disney group, and didn’t get a response, so I’m hoping someone here has some insight... Can you order the twilight feast with allergy friendly modifications? We would specifically want a gluten free portion, which I know they accommodate for when dining at Ohana. Just curious if anyone has ordered in room dining and made a dietary or allergy modification request.

I posted in a GF Disney group, and didn’t get a response, so I’m hoping someone here has some insight... Can you order the twilight feast with allergy friendly modifications? We would specifically want a gluten free portion, which I know they accommodate for when dining at Ohana. Just curious if anyone has ordered in room dining and made a dietary or allergy modification request.
We ordered the Twilight Feast gluten free once without a problem, but that was a couple of years ago. Hopefully someone can give you more current info, but since you hadn't gotten any responses yet I figured I would give you our old data :-) . I am quite sure they will have no problem with it still, though.

Yes! I have a tree nut allergy and we ordered the Twilight Feast last fall, they were super accommodating. Just let them know you need GF when you call private dining to order. I would suggest calling somewhat more in advance than you intend to eat just to give them a bit more lead time (you can tell them what time you want it delivered).

We ordered the Twilight Feast gluten free once without a problem, but that was a couple of years ago. Hopefully someone can give you more current info, but since you hadn't gotten any responses yet I figured I would give you our old data :-) . I am quite sure they will have no problem with it still, though.
Thanks for sharing! I’m happy to hear they do this!
Yes! I have a tree nut allergy and we ordered the Twilight Feast last fall, they were super accommodating. Just let them know you need GF when you call private dining to order. I would suggest calling somewhat more in advance than you intend to eat just to give them a bit more lead time (you can tell them what time you want it delivered).
Great to hear! Last year we ordered our twilight feast when we got back to the resort for our afternoon break, so we’ll plan to do that again!

What kind of coffee pots are in the DVC studios at Poly? Are they full size that you put grounds in, or are they the mini ones that only make like two cups with the small pre-packed filters? They looked like they may be full size in pics I've seen, but couldn't tell for sure.

What kind of coffee pots are in the DVC studios at Poly? Are they full size that you put grounds in, or are they the mini ones that only make like two cups with the small pre-packed filters? They looked like they may be full size in pics I've seen, but couldn't tell for sure.

A full size 10-12 cup Mr. Coffee maker that you put grounds and a filter in.

I just want to make sure...the oasis patios are the only cabana type structures that you can reserve at the Poly, right?

Thanks for the info, we are looking for a regular room not a dvc studio so that does cut down on some of the availabity I'm sure, but everything I can find only shows a very small number of regular rooms at the Polynesian that have roll in shower so I'm sure they are just really hard to secure!
Hi we have just booked a Wheelchair accessible room at the Polynesian in April 2020 I asked about roll in shower and these are only available in the DVC rooms not in the main buildings the rooms here all have tubs and transfer benches - so looking forward to my holiday

Hi we have just booked a Wheelchair accessible room at the Polynesian in April 2020 I asked about roll in shower and these are only available in the DVC rooms not in the main buildings the rooms here all have tubs and transfer benches - so looking forward to my holiday
Congrats on booking Poly, it is a wonderful resort! I have booked accessible rooms before and roll-in shower is definitely a bookable category on the regular resort side in 2019 (UNLESS they are all being taken out of inventory for a refurb in 2020, but I highly doubt Disney would knock-out all the accessible rooms at once).

This is bookable right now online for 2019:
Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 5.11.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 5.11.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 5.10.11 PM.png

Were you booking through the regular reservation line for 2020? I would call back and ask another CM to check availability. Maybe the original CM was misinformed and assumed roll-in shower meant the walk-in stall shower available in the studios? You can also try calling the Specialized Functions number (407-939-7807, option 1) for room accessibility assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter