Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone at the resort today that can confirm if the slide is working yet? Won't be the end of the world, but would be a bummer if it isn't operational for our trip starting tomorrow.
Hope you get an answer before your trip tomorrow, but if not, would you mind coming back here to report on the slide status during/after your trip? This is now seriously stressing me out.

Hope you get an answer before your trip tomorrow, but if not, would you mind coming back here to report on the slide status during/after your trip? This is now seriously stressing me out.

I'll do my best to remember. We should be there tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Is anyone at the resort today that can confirm if the slide is working yet? Won't be the end of the world, but would be a bummer if it isn't operational for our trip starting tomorrow.

We had dinner at Kona last night and walked the grounds. I’m almost certain it was operating but there’s a small part of me that wonders if I didn’t look close enough, so sorry I can’t totally confirm.

I can't remember if room service is available, I know Ohana is not, but would love to order the meal thats similar on the rs menu.

We had dinner at Kona last night and walked the grounds. I’m almost certain it was operating but there’s a small part of me that wonders if I didn’t look close enough, so sorry I can’t totally confirm.
What was your experience like there? Our restaurants at home are still only curbside take-out, so I'm curious how Disney is handling sit-down eating. If anyone is going to do it well, it's Disney.

What was your experience like there? Our restaurants at home are still only curbside take-out, so I'm curious how Disney is handling sit-down eating. If anyone is going to do it well, it's Disney.

So, I’m personally not all that into dining inside anywhere (Disney or in general). Outside, all good... inside...eh, not top on my list. But with Kona being so relatively open / airy, that seemed OK to me. Guests were spaced very wide apart, and the guest count itself was quite low. With Ohana, Tambu, Trader Sams and half the resort closed, the GCH was very quiet. I almost missed the buzz a bit. :-(

But all in all, I thought it was a reasonably good experience from a healthy/safety perspective.

So, I’m personally not all that into dining inside anywhere (Disney or in general). Outside, all good... inside...eh, not top on my list. But with Kona being so relatively open / airy, that seemed OK to me. Guests were spaced very wide apart, and the guest count itself was quite low. With Ohana, Tambu, Trader Sams and half the resort closed, the GCH was very quiet. I almost missed the buzz a bit. :-(

But all in all, I thought it was a reasonably good experience from a healthy/safety perspective.
Thanks. I'm very interested in reading anything else you have to report while you are there.

Thanks. I'm very interested in reading anything else you have to report while you are there.

It’s interesting. While it was kind of cool/interesting to see my beloved Poly only partially open, it honestly left me a little sad. It’s the people and vibe of Poly that make it great, the physical setting can only go so far.

From a health/distancing perspective, it was great as there’s just not many people around. But from a vibe perspective, not so sure. Of course the former is probably the most important at this particular moment.

Obviously that will change when the parks open and the resort fully reopens.

Honestly it’s all so strange.

Hi all,

I got the below weird email from the Poly today. My resort reservations isn't until a month from today August 8 (just confirmed in MDE) but this email makes it sounds like they think I am checking in today? Is it just a poorly worded email they always send weeks ahead of a trip or should I be concerned they have the dates wrong in their system?

07/08/2020

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for being our Guest!

My name is Valerie Ferguson, General Manager of Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, and my team and I are here to help you enjoy your stay and ensure that you have a memorable vacation at the Walt Disney World® Resort.

As you enjoy your stay, our Cast Members will strive to provide you with excellent service. If you happen to experience something that was not quite right during your visit, please let me know.

If you would like to share any thoughts about your stay select the reply link below. Please allow us the opportunity to address your comments during your visit.

To aid in distancing efforts, Disney Resort hotel Guests may now also contact a Cast Member right on the My Disney Experience app through the “Chat with Us” feature, click here to learn more.

I look forward to hearing from you and wish you a magical stay at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.

Warmest regards,

Valerie Ferguson
General Manager
Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

Hi all,

I got the below weird email from the Poly today. My resort reservations isn't until a month from today August 8 (just confirmed in MDE) but this email makes it sounds like they think I am checking in today? Is it just a poorly worded email they always send weeks ahead of a trip or should I be concerned they have the dates wrong in their system?

07/08/2020

Dear XXXX,

My name is Valerie Ferguson, General Manager of Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, and my team and I are here to help you enjoy your stay and ensure that you have a memorable vacation at the Walt Disney World® Resort.

As you enjoy your stay, our Cast Members will strive to provide you with excellent service. If you happen to experience something that was not quite right during your visit, please let me know.

If you would like to share any thoughts about your stay select the reply link below. Please allow us the opportunity to address your comments during your visit.

To aid in distancing efforts, Disney Resort hotel Guests may now also contact a Cast Member right on the My Disney Experience app through the “Chat with Us” feature, click here to learn more.

I look forward to hearing from you and wish you a magical stay at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.

Warmest regards,

Valerie Ferguson
General Manager
Have to admit that would kinda freak me out lol.

Let us know how things work out 😊

Hi all,

07/08/2020

Dear XXXX,

Warmest regards,

Valerie Ferguson
General Manager

I received the same one from Boardwalk! It was like a punch in the gut since I canceled it today, but I still received the email. I was supposed to check into Poly a week later, but I only received one letter for Boardwalk.

My name is Valerie Ferguson, General Manager of Disney's BoardWalk Villas, and my team and I are here to help you enjoy your stay and ensure that you have a memorable vacation at the Walt Disney World® Resort.

I look forward to hearing from you and wish you a magical stay at Disney's BoardWalk Villas.

Warmest regards,

Valerie Ferguson
General Manager
Disney's BoardWalk Villas

We were moved from the Poly to CR and I'm happy to stay there since we are in the main building with a theme park view, but I will really miss the Poly. It is not open until a few days before we depart and the DVC rooms were all booked. I was thinking about calling to see if there were cancellations since some of the changing frenzy has died down. Has anyone tried moving around lately?

I received the same one from Boardwalk! It was like a punch in the gut since I canceled it today, but I still received the email. I was supposed to check into Poly a week later, but I only received one letter for Boardwalk.

My name is Valerie Ferguson, General Manager of Disney's BoardWalk Villas, and my team and I are here to help you enjoy your stay and ensure that you have a memorable vacation at the Walt Disney World® Resort.

I look forward to hearing from you and wish you a magical stay at Disney's BoardWalk Villas.

Warmest regards,

Valerie Ferguson
General Manager
Disney's BoardWalk Villas
I got the same Poly e-mail as if I’m a guest. My dates aren’t for a bit. Something must be screwy in their system.

:faint:

Okay, phew. Thanks, y'all! Was wondering if I was going crazy and maybe had booked the wrong month... Definitely still showing the correct dates in MDE and glad to know I am not alone so will chalk it up to a glitchy email system.

Okay, phew. Thanks, y'all! Was wondering if I was going crazy and maybe had booked the wrong month... Definitely still showing the correct dates in MDE and glad to know I am not alone so will chalk it up to a glitchy email system.

Don’t worry - I was scrambling to pull up my dates thinking I had messed up bad!

Is it possible Ms. Valerie is GM of both Poly and BW?

Dumb question, is being GM of “Polynesian Villas & Bungalows” different than being GM of the resort side? Or is it usually the same? Valerie is new since January, at least on the resort side. Not sure how all that works with the villas though.

@MomOTwins
I got that email for an early August stay at animal kingdom (different GM name). The email makes it sound like we just checked in. Lol, I went and double checked on the DVC site to make sure I hadn't messed up one of our reservations! Odd thing is it's a split stay and animal kingdom is our 3rd leg...nothing from the other 2 yet. Maybe it's just going out to August ressies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter