Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where in the room did you find the menu? I can't find any info in our room :)

It was in a brown folder/packet thing left on the desk. There is a bunch of info in there about services, etc, and one of them was labeled In Room Dining (something along those lines). It was on the right side of the folder, maybe half-way up. It had a decent size menu for room service, too!

someone was just there in person the other day (post#3023 on page 152)- so you're all set.

Thank you! I thought someone had posted that here but then I checked the Disney site and it's not on their lunch menu. Wasn't sure if it just changed recently!

Wow! That was totally worth it and the service for one person was soooo much food! My family of 4 ate and there's still leftover. Granted, my kids are 3 & 5 and don't eat much but we are stuffed to the gills! The total came out to $53 with the $3 surcharge & 18% gratuity. The juice has some sort of fizz to it like if they added seltzer. And the bread comes warm & soft & with macadamia nut butter which was delicious!

Btw, they had no problem with as many people sharing as we wanted. She offered extra plates, and place settings and said don't worry, you can have as many as you want.

Here's a picture of our feast:

image.jpg

Last edited:

Wow! That was totally worth it and the service for one person was soooo much food! My family of 4 ate and there's still leftover. Granted, my kids are 3 & 5 and don't eat much but we are stuffed to the gills! The total came out to $53 with the $3 surcharge & 18% gratuity. The juice has some sort of fizz to it like if they added seltzer. And the bread comes warm & soft & with macadamia nut butter which was delicious!

Btw, they had no problem with as many people sharing as we wanted. She offered extra plates, and place settings and said don't worry, you can have as many as you want.

View attachment 121435
Wait, that's for one person? I think we could order 2 and feed the 2 adults and the 2 kids with it.

View attachment 121435

So, for one mom and three college age girls would the meal for two be plenty for us? Thinking maybe ordering extra potstickers, that's my go to item at the restaurant. Oh and the bread pudding ;)

I have some more pictures finally uploaded and ready to share!

Awesome pics :thumbsup2

Checking in tomorrow! Sooooo excited! It's our first Poly stay!

Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

View attachment 121435

Wow, that's a lot of food....but it all looks very good! Hope you're enjoying the Poly :goodvibes.

we just ate ours for two and had a ton left over, even with the kids eating some too (though they are NOT big eaters). I have to say it was the best meal I have had here so far.

Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you're having a great trip :).

View attachment 121435

I agree that the room service dinner is totally worth it. We also ordered it on our trip last week, and the food was abundant and delicious! I was not all that impressed with the Ohana dinner we had a couple years ago. I thought the grilled items were dried out. Very dried out! But this meal was so much better. Maybe when it's room service it's cooked to order so it doesn't sit on the heat too long? Whatever the reason, if we ever stayed at the Poly again, I would pass up on the Ohana reservations and just order it to the room!

One last note about our trip. Our first room had some mold in the bathroom. Yikes! We checked in so late, and by the time we noticed it, the kids were sleeping. So, our first day plans were interrupted because we had to pack up our things and store them with bell service so our room could be changed. The CM's were very nice, and didn't give us a problem when we requested a room change. It was just a pain in the butt having to alter our plans.

image.jpg image.jpg

which longhouse was this?
It was Aotearoa. First floor facing the water. I was so sad to leave, because when we woke the next morning, I loved the view! It was so open, and the kids could see the monorail off to the left. We ended up in Rarotonga, third floor, facing the monorail. But, it was difficult to see the monorail, and the wasps that were flying around outside on the balcony kept the kids in the room! They were so excited at the thought of being able to watch the monorail pass by our room. It just didn't work out.

I have pictures of each of the views, but they are panoramic and won't post.

I had booked water/lagoon view originally and was expecting Aotearoa. When I was able to upgrade to GV club level for $34 more per night I went ahead since we will hardly be in the room to appreciate a water view. Would have been upset as well if I'd had mold problems

Can anyone who has been recently confirm if Kona serves sushi at lunch? All Ears menu shows they do but Disney lunch menu for Kona does not show sushi. Wondering which one would be accurate!
Have an ADR at Kona and I have been telling my DH of the good reviews on the Sushi for Kona.:banana: Would LOVE to hear your feedback if you make it to Kona for Sushi! ENJOY your trip:woohoo:!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter