• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 21 more days!!! October is our favorite time to visit Disney World, but this year is extra special!! We make a trip to the Poly every year, to eat at O'hana, but have never actually stayed at the resort. We are all beyond excited!!:dancer:Thanks to everyone for all of the great tips on this forum!! :disrocks:

We check in in 21 days for our first (and likely only) Poly stay after numerous 'Ohana visits too! :)

I'll be there in 22 more days! I can't wait!! :hyper:

Just booked the Poly - so excited but it's a long wait.
Question about the monorail to Epcot. I wanted to make a 8:00 Garden Grill breakfast ADR - will the monorail be running that early? Wasn't sure where to ask that question, but figured some of the Poly lovers might know.

Question about the monorail to Epcot. I wanted to make a 8:00 Garden Grill breakfast ADR - will the monorail be running that early?
Schedule is hard to predict this far out. The refurbishment and maintenance is ongoing. There will be a bus if the monorail is starting late any given morning.

Schedule is hard to predict this far out. The refurbishment and maintenance is ongoing. There will be a bus if the monorail is starting late any given morning.
Thanks. I didn't even realize the monorail was under construction. When the monorail is on it's normal schedule, does it leave for Epcot by 7am - with a 9am opening?

Thanks. I didn't even realize the monorail was under construction. When the monorail is on it's normal schedule, does it leave for Epcot by 7am - with a 9am opening?
The monorail hasn't been on a "normal" schedule in a long time!

The monorail is one of those "eternal refurb" things at this point. Old monorail is old and needs work.

We check in a week from today! I completed my online check in as soon as I was able, but I checked it today and my requests aren't there anymore. When I try to put them back in, most of the options are gone! Only one building is available to request and "near transportation" is gone. Wonder what's up!?

Question about the monorail to Epcot. I wanted to make a 8:00 Garden Grill breakfast ADR - will the monorail be running that early? Wasn't sure where to ask that question, but figured some of the Poly lovers might know.
Our last 2 stays at the Poly, we were unable to get to Epcot prior to 8 am via the monorail. Your best bet is a cab. There will be no busses from Poly to Epcot.

Our last 2 stays at the Poly, we were unable to get to Epcot prior to 8 am via the monorail. Your best bet is a cab. There will be no busses from Poly to Epcot.
Thanks. I was thinking a cab might be the safest bet. Where do the cabs drop you off at Epcot?

I've done a couple PPO GG ADRs from Poly. I agree with the posts above, cab is your best bet at that hour. It's quick and not very expensive at all. No waiting is a plus too! The last thing I want to do with plans that early is to bake in extra time for waiting on transportation like a bus or monorail.

Monorail hours change, but just to give you a snapshot of what they were this past week, see below. Make sure to check the current Times Guide for the latest.

Sun/Fri/Sat - 8AM
Mon/Tues/Wes - 9AM
Thurs - 7:30AM

What are the chances of getting connecting studios? We are traveling with friends next October. Would we better our chances if we have the same reservation number? We are DVC but they'll be renting points. If having the same reservation increases our chances we would just book with our points. Thanks!

For the french press available at Kona Cafe - is there a way to get this without dining there? I'd be interested in a one for back at the room. Or is there room service available
Has anybody tried Uber at Disney?

There's a lot of information about Uber over on the Transportation board.

For the french press available at Kona Cafe - is there a way to get this without dining there? I'd be interested in a one for back at the room. Or is there room service available

There's a lot of information about Uber over on the Transportation board.
You can buy the coffee in the shop, I think, and, I guess, bring a cafetiere from home?

What are the chances of getting connecting studios? We are traveling with friends next October. Would we better our chances if we have the same reservation number? We are DVC but they'll be renting points. If having the same reservation increases our chances we would just book with our points. Thanks!
You would need to call with the other owner to mark as traveling with. Odds are very good if it is your only request.

Hi Poly experts! I have an ADR for Ohana Breakfast on December 3rd, and am seeking out your sound advice on transportation for my family that day. We're a family of 8, staying off site, with a rental car. Our ADR is at 11:55 am and we plan on going to Animal Kingdom after breakfast at Ohana - I ask you - will we have to pay to park our rental car at Poly's parking lot while we're eating breakfast? Or should we drive to AK and park there around 10:30am and then take the Disney resort transportation over to Poly then back to AK after breakfast?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice/guidance on this! Love my Disboard family! :love1:

Hi Poly experts! I have an ADR for Ohana Breakfast on December 3rd, and am seeking out your sound advice on transportation for my family that day. We're a family of 8, staying off site, with a rental car. Our ADR is at 11:55 am and we plan on going to Animal Kingdom after breakfast at Ohana - I ask you - will we have to pay to park our rental car at Poly's parking lot while we're eating breakfast? Or should we drive to AK and park there around 10:30am and then take the Disney resort transportation over to Poly then back to AK after breakfast?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice/guidance on this! Love my Disboard family! :love1:

You can park at Poly for your breakfast reservation. I believe that you can stay for up to 3 hours without a problem

I've done a couple PPO GG ADRs from Poly. I agree with the posts above, cab is your best bet at that hour. It's quick and not very expensive at all. No waiting is a plus too! The last thing I want to do with plans that early is to bake in extra time for waiting on transportation like a bus or monorail.

Monorail hours change, but just to give you a snapshot of what they were this past week, see below. Make sure to check the current Times Guide for the latest.

Sun/Fri/Sat - 8AM
Mon/Tues/Wes - 9AM
Thurs - 7:30AM

Wait. So monorail didn't run til 9am and there are no buses to Epcot? How does someone get there by opening when a cab isn't an option (like people with kids who have to be in a car seat!)?

Has anybody tried Uber at Disney?

I tried Uber at Disney for the first time this August.

My DD, her BF and I went to Disney Springs from the Poly and we took a cab. The fare plus tip was $24. My DD's BF had the Uber app and suggested we try it for the ride back to the Poly. It was $8! And the service was great. The guy was on time, right where he said he'd meet us, and his car was really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter