Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question...has anyone requested patio or balcony and not gotten either one? I'd forgo requesting a longhouse to basically guarantee not getting 2nd floor somewhere.

Question...has anyone requested patio or balcony and not gotten either one? I'd forgo requesting a longhouse to basically guarantee not getting 2nd floor somewhere.

When we stayed at the Poly, we requested 1st floor and got it; however, since requests are not guaranteed, there is a chance your request will not be met. If having a patio or balcony is most important, I would make that your only request. If you are assigned a room on the 2nd floor, you can always ask if a 1st or 3rd floor room is available. It's not guaranteed your room can be changed, but it never hurts to ask.

Bummer...did you have other requests as well?? I'd really like to have one or the other for the hubby and I to hang out after the kids go to bed.

I am sure hoping for a patio or balcony as well but there is only a 2/3 chance of getting this since all 2nd floor rooms don't have either. So I guess those 1/3 of the Poly guests have to be put somewhere! Maybe there are people who don't want a balcony/patio, or don't know to request it?? Hoping...

I had a second floor room for the first time on my trip last month. I knew my balcony luck would run out at some point. Honestly, while at first I was bummed, it wasn't nearly as "bad" as I had envisioned. Frankly I think some of my anxiety on the topic had been built up from reading too much on this thread! The biggest nit was not having that space to relax while DS slept, but I got over it. I'm not saying it was my favorite room in the world, but I was still at the Poly so tried to approach it with a smile. 8-)

Bugs.

Do you find you are besieged by winged insects sitting on balcony or patio? We had a balcony at Yacht Club a couple of times and I swear there was a cicada or giant wasp that came out and terrorized me every time I tried to sit out there.

Also if we get a second floor, can we still slide the door open to enjoy the view? Is it a Juliette balcony?

Last edited:
Bugs.

Do you find you are besieged by winged insects sitting on balcony or patio? We had a balcony at Yacht Club a couple of times and I swear there was a cicada or giant wasp that came out and terrorized me every time I tried to sit out there.

Also if we get a second floor, can we still slide the door open to enjoy the view? Is it a Juliette balcony?

We were there last week - 3rd floor balcony, Hawaii building, beach side - no problems with bugs on the patio day or night. But, your location in the resort may have some impact - I would assume that bug problems may be different in different areas.

We had a package of bug wipes in our bathroom. I do not know if it is in all Poly rooms, we were club level and some of the amenities may differ? We never opened them.

We were there last week - 3rd floor balcony, Hawaii building, beach side - no problems with bugs on the patio day or night. But, your location in the resort may have some impact - I would assume that bug problems may be different in different areas.

We had a package of bug wipes in our bathroom. I do not know if it is in all Poly rooms, we were club level and some of the amenities may differ? We never opened them.

What are bug wipes??

Bugs.

I'm always amazed with the lack of bugs at WDW. Unless it's blazing hot I'll usually leave my balcony door open a crack to let in the sounds of the resort. Never had any issue with bugs.

I've never seen bug wipes, but have never stayed on Club Level either. I wonder if they put them there because of the Zika virus. Then they should be in all the rooms though, don't you agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter