Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am traveling with my 79 year old mother and my brother (we are both 50 something’s leaving our teens at home). We have a pool/marina view room booked for the week after Thanksgiving. I was told we would be in either Fiji or Samoa. Recommendations as to what we should request (building, floor, general area)? Or is it just best to leave it as is and see what we get. Returning to the Poly after a 40 year absence :)

Hello! I’ve tried google but am having some trouble. Are there any standard view rooms still in Fiji? I know several were reclassified in the last year. Trying to help my parents with a room request!

Thanks - one already has :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 :goodvibes

We will be there next Saturday so I will let you you guys know!!!

Have a great time! :wizard:

Hi! Has anyone done a WDW resort stay with no park visits?

We just went to disney at the beginning of the summer (8 days YC/WL split) but there was sooooo much we tried to cram in and we didn't get a lot of pool days (our kids love pool time lately). My DH has been working in NYC and we live in CA and we only get to see him every 3 weeks, so we are going to surprise our boys with a three day trip to the poly next week! It's also our 10th anniversary and we did our honeymoon at Poly so it seems like a special trip. We won't do any park time - just hanging by the pool and having some family time. Is that crazy? Question is, the only room available now is the standard view and I REALLY don't want to look at the parking lot. There are CL rooms available for the last 2 nights and I wonder if it's worth the bother to book the standard room for 1 night and then book a CL room for the other two? Any thoughts or experience switching rooms?

I don't think it's crazy at all! We've never not done the parks, but over the years we've cut way down on our park time and find we spend more time at the resort than we do the parks. I think relaxing at the resort enjoying the pool and everything else the resort has to offer would be a great way to spend family time. As far as room category, I agree with gottalovepluto that I'd opt for CL the last 2 nights. As mentioned, there is a possibility you will be "homeless" for part of day 2, but you would still have access to the lounge and bell services will hold your luggage until your room is ready :goodvibes.

Caveat: I haven’t stayed Poly CL yet :)

I’d do it! You’ll get CL access starting morning you wake up, you might be roomless from 11am - check-in time but you’ll have the Club and the hotel can store your luggage.

It sounds like time together is quite precious in your case so I would absolutely do CL. We’ve found it take so much stress off a trip, snacks & drinks are always available. No hunting up breakfast. In the evenings you all can see fireworks! And being Poly if the kids get antsy just hop them on the monorail for a trip around the lake :)

:thumbsup2

We are checking into the Poly for 3 nights next month. We have no plans to visit the parks. We're just going to relax by the Oasis pool and watch the fireworks from the beach at night. :goodvibes

Have a great time! Sounds like a nice relaxing trip :cloud9:.

I am traveling with my 79 year old mother and my brother (we are both 50 something’s leaving our teens at home). We have a pool/marina view room booked for the week after Thanksgiving. I was told we would be in either Fiji or Samoa. Recommendations as to what we should request (building, floor, general area)? Or is it just best to leave it as is and see what we get. Returning to the Poly after a 40 year absence :)

I don't think you can go wrong being in either one. We've only stayed in Samoa and loved it, but I am always reading great things about Fiji. If it were me, I think I'd request Samoa as I would like having a view of one of the pools, but I don't think I'd be upset being in Fiji as having a view of the marina would be nice as well ;).

Hello! I’ve tried google but am having some trouble. Are there any standard view rooms still in Fiji? I know several were reclassified in the last year. Trying to help my parents with a room request!

It looks like the west facing rooms are standard view.

If you plan to use the pools, Samoa is a better location. I felt Fiji was a bit further away. The pools can be loud (but this was not a concern or issue for us) but maybe something to consider. Fiji is located on a busy walkway. I would not suggest a ground floor, as that is consistently loud. 3rd floor rooms have balcony's, and remember 2nd floor does not at all. We enjoy a balcony. We preferred Samoa--and a nice compromise might be the side that faces the quiet/Oasis pool.

Do the poly villas have good blow dryers, or should I just try and pack my own
I can't speak to the villas but I don't find any of the blow dryers very powerful at the resorts. I also find most blow dryers at all hotels not as good as my own. I have started packing my own when I go away or it will take me longer to dry my hair and I hate that.

Has anyone ever requested a crib or pack and play and not been able to get one? We don’t really want to bring ours since we are flying.

Is Trader Sam's still packed? What's a popular drink that's not $50? If we head over around 3:30p or so, are we in good shape to get in when they open at 4p? We're going at the end of August. o_O:-)

Is Trader Sam's still packed? What's a popular drink that's not $50? If we head over around 3:30p or so, are we in good shape to get in when they open at 4p? We're going at the end of August. o_O:-)
During our stay (just a week ago) there was a line outside at 3:30 pm everyday. We went on a Friday night at 5:00 pm and had to wait quite a while for a table. Right around 6-6:30 pm it started to empty out. The bartender mentioned that summer is their slow season because most visitors are families who spend their times in the parks. Anywho long story short if you’re in line around 3:30 Pm you should be fine :)

Also I’ve seen people mention that if it’s full they’ll take your name or give you a pager but this wasn’t the case on our last visit. Hostess said it was purely first come, first served basis.

We shared the nautilus and I believe it’s only $55 if you buy the souvenir glass. Otherwise most drinks are around $15-20.

You can’t just walk in to the bar and get a drink? That’s actually a line like it’s a nightclub? Interesting.

I assume guests staying at the resort don’t get priority also

You can’t just walk in to the bar and get a drink? That’s actually a line like it’s a nightclub? Interesting.

I assume guests staying at the resort don’t get priority also
At the very left side of the bar you can order drinks to take out onto the terrace but aren’t necessarily to go drinks. There
Are 6-8 bar seats but these usually fill up the fastest. No priority given, but how nice would that be!?

Any suggestions for resort must dos? We plan to watch the electric water pageant, roast marshmallows, and my son will do some of the poolside activities. Anything else I am missing? My mother can't sit on the ground for the movies, too bad they don't have lounge chairs for it anymore, that was perfect. We have adrs at Kona and 'Ohana (breakfast, I haven't been able to get dinner so far). We'll of course get some dole whips. Any favorite poolside drinks?

I'm starting the countdown, lol. :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter