Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone who's stayed since reopening tell me what time the buses have been starting in the morning? If we want to try to be on the first bus to Epcot, AK, DHS; what time should we be at the bus stop? - We're going next week. Thx!
All the signs say bus transportation begins 45 minutes before park opening. The only park we went to during our poly stay was AK we got to the bus stop around 7:15 and waited about 10 minutes or less. There were only a couple other groups of people waiting as well.

We are staying at the Poly July 20-27, 2021. I have 6-day tickets. Normally we would have booked the Deluxe Dining Plan as a part of our package by now. I'm wondering how booking my ADR's will go when we get to 180 days. Will we be able to make reservations for restaurants that are currently closed, but may be open in July 2021? Will we be able to book Fastpasses 60 days out? Will we have to make reservations just to visit a park? Right now on MDE, they want us to make those reservations. I'm wondering if we should or just wait and see what happens. They also want us to order Magic Bands. We still have the ones we got from our cancelled June 2020 trip.

We are really hoping that by next summer things will be back to normal. If not, we are cancelling.

All the signs say bus transportation begins 45 minutes before park opening. The only park we went to during our poly stay was AK we got to the bus stop around 7:15 and waited about 10 minutes or less. There were only a couple other groups of people waiting as well.
Thx for the info. I really wish Disney would just be honest with this kind of stuff. For years they had signs and notices on the tvs that transportation started 1 hr prior to opening, but that was never accurate...it was more like an hr. prior to the first prepark adr. I appreciate your first hand knowledge :)

We are staying at the Poly July 20-27, 2021. I have 6-day tickets. Normally we would have booked the Deluxe Dining Plan as a part of our package by now. I'm wondering how booking my ADR's will go when we get to 180 days. Will we be able to make reservations for restaurants that are currently closed, but may be open in July 2021? Will we be able to book Fastpasses 60 days out? Will we have to make reservations just to visit a park? Right now on MDE, they want us to make those reservations. I'm wondering if we should or just wait and see what happens. They also want us to order Magic Bands. We still have the ones we got from our cancelled June 2020 trip.

We are really hoping that by next summer things will be back to normal. If not, we are cancelling.

ADRs are currently bookable at 60 days. No word on if this is a permanent change. Fast passes are not available at this point either at 60 (or at all) there are attractions using virtual queues, not sure if these changes are temporary or may become permanent either.

There were social media posts this week where Josh Amaro suggested that park reservations could become permanent.

Complimentary magic bands are being phased out/discontinued to be replaced by the My Disney Experience app on your phone (or its reported replacement “The Genie”. There will be MBs available for purchase.

So many changes...

ADRs are currently bookable at 60 days. No word on if this is a permanent change. Fast passes are not available at this point either at 60 (or at all) there are attractions using virtual queues, not sure if these changes are temporary or may become permanent either.

There were social media posts this week where Josh Amaro suggested that park reservations could become permanent.

Complimentary magic bands are being phased out/discontinued to be replaced by the My Disney Experience app on your phone (or its reported replacement “The Genie”. There will be MBs available for purchase.

So many changes...
Thank you so much. This helps me a lot.

It's on Blog Mickey too. :(
https://blogmickey.com/2020/08/brea...ge-resort-to-remain-closed-until-summer-2021/(I have issues with Scott as he'll drop stuff like that but never links so you have to go searching.)

I think this is a sign I'm just never supposed to stay there. Yes, I'm scheduled in a Studio for January, but I don't want to have my dream stay dealing with crap going on with the GCH. Now to decide what I have to settle for instead. :(

Really shocked about this.

Was hoping to surprise my parents with a trip in January-March 2022 to the Poly. Hopefully still will be able to.

Also: SOB for Ohana being gone for so long!

Can someone please help those with a DVC reservation understand what is / is not available with the rest of the resort not open (and not opening now until next summer) as compared to normal? Main pool still open? Dining impacts? Main lodge/lobby impacts? Monorail availability? Will we notice many differences elsewhere around the resort? Thanks for any input.

Can someone please help those with a DVC reservation understand what is / is not available with the rest of the resort not open (and not opening now until next summer) as compared to normal? Main pool still open? Dining impacts? Main lodge/lobby impacts? Monorail availability? Will we notice many differences elsewhere around the resort? Thanks for any input.

I have the same questions - help us out, DVC experts!

Well, I guess we won't be at Poly the first week on June 2021, based on the latest update that Poly won't be opening regular rooms until "Summer 2021". Where will we be moved to?

Right now, the only regular deluxe rooms open are Contemporary & Yacht Club. We've already had to cancel our trip for 2020. Now our 2021 plans are being changed nine months out.

Last edited:

DVC point of sale guarantees a pool and some sort of dining. Doesn't have to be the feature pool, doesn't have to be any particular kind of restaurant. But something will be open. So we won't know for sure until Disney tells us.

Last edited:
I just returned from a trip and while I didn't stay at Poly we did visit so I can answer your questions based on my observations:

Main pool still open? Both pools were open, although the pool bar at the quiet pool was closed. I'm unsure about the pool bar at the main pool.
Dining impacts? Captain Cooks, Tambu, Kona Cafe, and Pineapple Lanai were open.
Main lodge/lobby impacts? Everything open except Trader Sams, Ohana, and Kona Island.
Monorail availability? It was available (we took it there from MK).
Will we notice many differences elsewhere around the resort? Aside from it being eerily un-crowded and the closures listed above, not really. The tiki torches were lit all around the resort, etc.

I hope this helped. So sad to find out it won't be open when I return in January. We're staying at BLT but were looking forward to taking the monorail over and visiting Trader Sam's/Ohana but oh well.

Frankly having stayed there this summer, I see it more as a benefit than something to be too concerned about, unless construction were to start to overwhelm any of the public spaces, which IMO probably isn't likely (famous last words, of course). Less people around = a more pleasant Poly experience, IMO. And while I'll get chased off this board for saying this, having Ohana & the Luau closed tends to minimize foot traffic in the evenings, which perhaps isn't such a bad thing.

As of now, everything is open except for:
- Ohana
- Kona Island
- Trader Sams and Trader Sams Tiki Terrace
- Oasis Pool Bar & Grill (but the Oasis pool itself is open, as is the Lava Pool)
- Private Dining
- Spirit of Aloha Luau
- Epcot monorail (although the Resort line is operating)

So while there are a few things offline for sure, IMO you can still have a fantastic stay in its current state.

I think this is a sign I'm just never supposed to stay there. Yes, I'm scheduled in a Studio for January, but I don't want to have my dream stay dealing with crap going on with the GCH. Now to decide what I have to settle for instead. :(

The GCH was just overhauled about 5 years ago. I can't imagine the "enhancements" are going to be deal-breaking construction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter