Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GF is a beautiful resort. It's not the Poly, but it is a great place to stay.....I think you'll like it :).

I had my first YC stay last year and I loved it. The MK resorts are still my fav (particularly Poly), but I did have a great time at YC. Hope you have a great trip and enjoy the YC :wizard:.

I think a GF/YC split is a great idea! The YC is a nice resort, I think you'll both like it :goodvibes.
Thank you!

Hey all! Long time lurker, new time member. I was wondering if anyone has heard about the DVC Villas being included in the Refurb? Thanks!

No updates or changes to the Bungalows & Villas at this time just the hotel rooms and the GCH updates that include closing the Monorail station.

Dave
Thanks Dave! Bummer, but I never really had a problem with the DVC rooms. We stayed in March before closure and are excited to stay again in March coming up!

EDIT: Also, what's up with Trader Sam's? I hope it opens soon! :(

Last edited:
Question for recent (eg, last few weeks) Poly goers. I know in Disney's info has always said the MK resort boat is not operating, but it was when I was there in early July and I saw subsequent reports for a few weeks after that of it still running.

Has it been operating lately?

Trying to catch up on info.

:thanks:

Not running

if anyone hears an actual date for when the Monorail station closes can they share?
Official answer is only "Early October" rumors are saying Oct. 4th for the Monorail station closing. The resort Monorails are still scheduled to run just without a stop at the Polynesian station.

Maybe we should consider a name change from the Resort Monorail line to the "Limited Resort line". :duck::chat:

Dave

Our TA just emailed, and we were moved to the Grand for our October trip. I've never been too interested in that resort, so I guess I have some reading to do! I picked GF over Contemporary hoping we could still walk to the Poly for Captain Cooks and a dole whip 🤞
chants Tonga Toast, Tonga Toast! 😂

We haven't ever really considered staying at GF either. How far is the walk to Poly?

Just booked a last minute trip to Poly next week! We've never stayed at a Disney hotel before and are confused about the monorail. If we get on the monorail at Poly, can we ride it straight to MK? Or do we have to get off at the TTC and board a 2nd monorail to MK? Thanks!

Just booked a last minute trip to Poly next week! We've never stayed at a Disney hotel before and are confused about the monorail. If we get on the monorail at Poly, can we ride it straight to MK? Or do we have to get off at the TTC and board a 2nd monorail to MK? Thanks!

The Resort Monorail line goes in a clockwise loop around the Seven Seas Lagoon. From the Poly station, it'll stop at GF, then MK, then CR, then the TTC, then back to Poly. Round and round all day. No need to transfer or anything else.

Transferring monorails at the TTC comes into play when going to Epcot - but the Epcot monorail line is closed so that won't factor into your stay.

You'll go through a temperature check as well as security screening at the Poly station before boarding the monorail.

Enjoy your stay!

I mentioned to DD that some people who are scheduled to go to the Poly next summer after us are being moved to GF. She was really not happy since in her mind, GF is her wedding hotel and venue, and she doesn't want to stay there until then. So, she mentioned that if we are forced to move from the Poly, she would prefer the Contemporary. After reading here that some people are doing split trips, I could see us splitting between Contemporary and Beach Club. We only go to MK and Epcot, so we will go to the closer park when we are staying at the area resort. I miss Stormalong Bay, and would absolutely love to go to the Beach Club just for that. It feels good to know that if Disney messes around with our reservation, we have options that we can live with.

So we wait and see for now. Obviously the Polynesian is our first choice of where we want to be.

I‘m not sure when you are thinking about doing a split stay between the Contemporary and Beach Club, but the Beach Club is closed indefinitely. Many people on the DIS have reported being moved by Disney from the Beach Club to another resort. Some of these people had stays booked for next summer. All that to say, I have a stay booked at the Beach Club for August 1-14, 2021 and I have not been contacted by Disney yet.

I would love for the Poly to be open by next summer. We were thinking of doing a split stay between the Beach Club and the Poly. Right now, I’m not certain either will be open. ☹️

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter