• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our kiddos (DD10 DS6) have been having an especially tough time with the pandemic. (Aren't we all) Through it all though their grades have been perfect, they have handled remote, hybrid and in-person learning like champs, and we really wanted to do something special for them. A few nights ago my husband came to bed and said "let's go to Disney". Of course there's no way I would ever say no, so 4 days later and we have a Villa booked at the Poly for one week arriving Feb 6th! Gramma decided to share in the love and is covering the park tickets, and my work travel has gathered me enough airline miles to fly for free. I am beyond excited and had to share. The kids know NOTHING. We are planning on telling them we are going to visit gramma and then driving to the airport. Gramma lives on the way to the airport so it works out. When we arrive we're going to tell them that gramma wanted them to go to Disney instead. Though we've stayed Poly several times, this will be our first trip in the Villas. I am still in shock, I did not expect to be traveling for a long time. Wish us luck with the surprise!
Have a fantastic trip!!

Given the current circumstances of a modified experience, we have decided to cancel our July trip and rebook when everything returns to normal. We just aren't willing to spend $8,000+ on a vacation that will not be as magical as our previous trip pre-pandemic. I will get the vaccine first...I'm already on a list to receive it as a teacher. We have no idea how long DH & DD will have to wait. As sad as I am to miss out this year, for my family, I think this is what is best.

Does anyone know if the Poly is letting people park to eat at Capt. Cooks and visit the gift shop? Or could we walk over from the TTC?

Does anyone know if the Poly is letting people park to eat at Capt. Cooks and visit the gift shop? Or could we walk over from the TTC?
There isn't much parking space available - the main lot is closed, so only the one by the villas is open. I don't believe they let anyone in other than those with Kona dining reservations. But walking over from TTC is definitely doable.

Thanks for the reply!
Please don't blame the messenger if you find out otherwise, but if you walk over from the TTC as the previous poster stated, they (likely) won't bother to verify any reservation. On our last trip, we entered Wilderness Lodge on foot and didn't have a reservation to eat nor were we a resort guest and we had lunch at Geyser Point. Now, we did enter the property on Disney Transportation, but nobody checked anything.

Not sure how the Poly will handle it though. Good luck and have a safe and healthy trip!

Please don't blame the messenger if you find out otherwise, but if you walk over from the TTC as the previous poster stated, they (likely) won't bother to verify any reservation. On our last trip, we entered Wilderness Lodge on foot and didn't have a reservation to eat nor were we a resort guest and we had lunch at Geyser Point. Now, we did enter the property on Disney Transportation, but nobody checked anything.

Not sure how the Poly will handle it though. Good luck and have a safe and healthy trip!

The resorts only stop people entering by car! There is nothing to prevent you from entering a resort via foot or Disney transportation...

For anyone who has stayed or is staying at the Villas recently during the construction... what would arrival be like for a first-timer? Does it still make a nice impression when you arrive and check-in? Also, just curious if poly was decorated for Christmas? I saw beautiful trees at a few different resorts, but didnt see a Poly tree?

For anyone who has stayed or is staying at the Villas recently during the construction... what would arrival be like for a first-timer? Does it still make a nice impression when you arrive and check-in? Also, just curious if poly was decorated for Christmas? I saw beautiful trees at a few different resorts, but didnt see a Poly tree?

We were there last week. You get dropped off at a different long house, not the Great Ceremonial House. The GCH is still open, but you enter it from the resort side, not the parking lot side. The lobby is nicely decorated with at least one Christmas tree (maybe 2?). As far as the construction goes, it does not take away from your stay at all. We barely noticed it as it is in the closed long houses and on the parking lot side of the GCH. We usually go in August, and the pools were relatively empty in comparison. I’m glad we stayed.

Hi All! First time visit to Poly in February 2021 during the pandemic. It's my husband, me, and three teens 14-17. I booked a Lake Studio Villa just days before they announced renovations and regretted it initially. But can no longer curb my excitement. Could be the nine months of being home and seeing almost no one, I just need some joy and fun?! (Who doesn't?!)
I'm a little sad that I won't get the whole experience at Trader Sam's but also curious if the limited capacity of only DVC members and the slow pace will mean we feel better able to maintain social distance and sit in the hot tub for a bit:) So, my question for everyone is where are the places onsite to sit and relax that are most beautiful? What are the perks (despite the closures and limited dining options) to staying at the Poly? We're only there 3 days so I want to take full advantage of visiting onsite and surrounding resort options (GF & Contemporary) for the eye candy and sheer pleasure of being there:) Thanks in advance for response! I'm new here and love reading trip reports, seeing pictures, hearing everyone's opinions (good and bad) and just polishing my ears more generally even though I've been a Disney visitor since age 6!

Last edited:

All (currently operating) resorts are open for all to visit, and have been ever since the parks reopened. But only resort guests, ADR and DVC members may park at the resorts or arrive by rideshare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter