• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
All (currently operating) resorts are open for all to visit, and have been ever since the parks reopened. But only resort guests, ADR and DVC members may park at the resorts or arrive by rideshare.
I'm not sure if being a DVC member will guarantee getting into a resort without an ADR or staying there. There would not be any day time parking available at the resorts close to the parks. I'm a DVC member and we were staying at the Poly and drove over the the WL to eat at Geyser Point and we were grilled pretty good before we were let in.

Maybe a silly question, but curious! Do you think its normal for the Poly Villas Lake view studios to be fully booked 9-10 months out? Ive been trying to book this room type since July (cancelled trip) for the end of April 2021. I took a deluxe studio but think i would have paid extra for lake view if it was available. I check all the time & its never available. The bungalows are available for a whopping 3K+ per night!!!

Maybe a silly question, but curious! Do you think its normal for the Poly Villas Lake view studios to be fully booked 9-10 months out? Ive been trying to book this room type since July (cancelled trip) for the end of April 2021. I took a deluxe studio but think i would have paid extra for lake view if it was available. I check all the time & its never available. The bungalows are available for a whopping 3K+ per night!!!
I think because lakeview is only around 16% of the DVC studios available; not alot to go around. Also, in some seasons at the Poly the difference in points is a smaller percentage between lake and standard views. Some nights in April the difference is 23pts standard & 26 lakeview (+3), where most of the other seasons are +4.

Are you trying to book cash or points? I checked the DVC site and most of April is available.

And this may be a silly reply because I'm not sure how all of the resort stuff works exactly:) But I rented through DVC Rental Store so I'm not certain if that's why I was able to get the lake view studio I did, because I went through an agency who works directly with owners rather than trying to rent from Disney directly? Are you an owner with points to use or are you trying to rent directly from Disney?

I guess this is where my Disney ignorance is gonna show bc I have no clue what you guys are talking about. Im going on the Disney website and booking through there. Im not a vacation club member, just your average Joe lol.

Any benefit to renting through the DVC rental store? Do i have to sign up for something & what is the cost? Is your experience the same if you rent with points instead of booking through Disneys site? We are not frequent Disney visitors, its been years since Ive been.

Any benefit to renting through the DVC rental store? Do i have to sign up for something & what is the cost? Is your experience the same if you rent with points instead of booking through Disneys site? We are not frequent Disney visitors, its been years since Ive been.
I sent you a message so as not to muss up the spirit of the thread:) I only learned about options this year so you aren't alone!

Renting points is usually cheaper but check for promos. Sometimes a discount is better. Cancellation policy when renting points is usually much more strict or non existent. You do not get daily mousekeeping when staying on points. You will get free parking if staying on points. Staying on points is not for everyone but it does offer an opportunity to save some money.

Last edited:
When the resort opens next summer, will all buildings be finished and opened or will some buildings still be closed for refurbishment?

We are currently booked at the Beach Club for 13 nights, but want to split our stay with a few nights at Poly. We really like the location of Rarotonga, and probably wouldn’t stay at the Poly if the building isn’t opened.

We are traveling the first two weeks of August and if Poly isn’t opened by then, then this is a moot point. Fingers crossed it’s opened. 🤞🏻

Happy New Year!

I will be staying at the Poly in two weeks and have a question: when I’ve stayed before, of course we were dropped off at the GCH and my grocery delivery was waiting for me at bell services up front. Now that I hear the front entrance is closed, how do I retrieve my delivery? last time, they let us use the luggage cart and we picked up our groceries on the way to our room and we used it for all of our luggage.

Thank You!

When the resort opens next summer, will all buildings be finished and opened or will some buildings still be closed for refurbishment?

Million dollar question I guess. They’re certainly starting the work in phases - Tuvalu, Fiji, and Aotearoa are underway right now with nothing yet on the other longhouses. Does the construction schedule drag out so all will be finished at the same time? Does the 7/19 date you can book imply that’s when they expect to have some but maybe not all longhouses done? Only the mouse knows. :goodvibes

Happy New Year!

I will be staying at the Poly in two weeks and have a question: when I’ve stayed before, of course we were dropped off at the GCH and my grocery delivery was waiting for me at bell services up front. Now that I hear the front entrance is closed, how do I retrieve my delivery? last time, they let us use the luggage cart and we picked up our groceries on the way to our room and we used it for all of our luggage.

Thank You!

It’s effectively the same as before, just they have everything (bell services, carts, check in, etc) set up at Pago Pago instead of outside the Great Ceremonial House. It’s all relatively easy/normal, generally speaking.

It’s effectively the same as before, just they have everything (bell services, carts, check in, etc) set up at Pago Pago instead of outside the Great Ceremonial House. It’s all relatively easy/normal, generally speaking.
Perfect! Thank You! So our groceries are delivered to Pago Pago? Is there refrigeration there?

Million dollar question I guess. They’re certainly starting the work in phases - Tuvalu, Fiji, and Aotearoa are underway right now with nothing yet on the other longhouses. Does the construction schedule drag out so all will be finished at the same time? Does the 7/19 date you can book imply that’s when they expect to have some but maybe not all longhouses done? Only the mouse knows. :goodvibes

I figured it’s all up in the air right now. Good to know they are starting on the other side of the resort. I guess we’ll just wait and see the progress over the next few months.

You mentioned July 19th. Is that the date the resort is scheduled to open?

I figured it’s all up in the air right now. Good to know they are starting on the other side of the resort. I guess we’ll just wait and see the progress over the next few months.

You mentioned July 19th. Is that the date the resort is scheduled to open?

July 19 is the first day they are taking reservations for non-Villa rooms.

you’re welcome!

I’m really hoping that worst-case they open some of the buildings while they finish up others since I am booked in July 19-24 to celebrate my 50th birthday (and fulfill a dream 40 years in the making)!

I hope it works out for you! This trip is to celebrate my 41st birthday since we canceled our trip last summer for my 40th birthday.

We are planning on staying at the poly end of august (not dvc and hoping construction is done or mostly done by then)- were currently booked for a pool or marina view but I need to change our stay be two days and was wondering - is this worth it? Should I downgrade (or upgrade?) the room type? I did look into club level and I don’t think this is something that makes sense.

we like a quiet room close to the GHC - we were in ground floor Rarotonga last time and that was fine. Mostly we eat breakfast and sleep in the room, otherwise we’re at the pool or the parks. Not sure if this might change with covid but hoping that’ll be significantly better by August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter