• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are planning on staying at the poly end of august (not dvc and hoping construction is done or mostly done by then)- were currently booked for a pool or marina view but I need to change our stay be two days and was wondering - is this worth it? Should I downgrade (or upgrade?) the room type? I did look into club level and I don’t think this is something that makes sense.

we like a quiet room close to the GHC - we were in ground floor Rarotonga last time and that was fine. Mostly we eat breakfast and sleep in the room, otherwise we’re at the pool or the parks. Not sure if this might change with covid but hoping that’ll be significantly better by August.

It depends on what you like. I’m all about the standard room cause I’m cheap that way. Rarotonga and Nieue are great because they’re so close to GCH and both pools and the ground floor rooms are standard, so that’s where I make my requests.

On the other hand, there’s a greater chance of being placed in a standard room on the other side of the GCH away from the pools since there are many standard rooms in Aotearoa, Fiji and Tuvalu.

I‘ve stayed in a pool view in Samoa once. I loved it, but it was slightly noisier than my stays in the other buildings.

It depends on what you like. I’m all about the standard room cause I’m cheap that way. Rarotonga and Nieue are great because they’re so close to GCH and both pools and the ground floor rooms are standard, so that’s where I make my requests.

On the other hand, there’s a greater chance of being placed in a standard room on the other side of the GCH away from the pools since there are many standard rooms in Aotearoa, Fiji and Tuvalu.

I‘ve stayed in a pool view in Samoa once. I loved it, but it was slightly noisier than my stays in the other buildings.

I agree with all of this. I love Samoa, but on both of my stays in that building, I found it to be noisy. I love the location of Rarotonga and always request that building when staying standard view.

A quick question:
How are people staying at Poly getting to MK to be at the gates before they open these days? We travel at the end of January. Disney.com says MK opens at 9 am.

Oh, and similarly, Epcot. Is the monorail open between Epcot and TTC? If so, which would get me to the gate the earliest? Walk to TTC or bus?

A quick question:
How are people staying at Poly getting to MK to be at the gates before they open these days? We travel at the end of January. Disney.com says MK opens at 9 am.

Oh, and similarly, Epcot. Is the monorail open between Epcot and TTC? If so, which would get me to the gate the earliest? Walk to TTC or bus?
For MK, walk to TTC, then monorail or ferry.

No monorail to Epcot; bus only.

Since this gets asked a lot and I just happened to see it just now, the first resort boat pulled up at 7:11am and pulled away to head to MK at 7:14am. MK opens at 8am today.
Couldn’t you walk to MK using the GF walkway?
It's a long walk, but definitely doable. Expect about 30 minutes from Poly to MK. About the only way to avoid TTC when staying at Poly now.

Thank you everyone. This is helpful info!

Perfect! Thank You! So our groceries are delivered to Pago Pago? Is there refrigeration there?

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to ask to make sure I had good info. According to bell services, they moved the coolers to Tangora Terrace, which is the building right next to Pago Pago. They run over there to pick up delivered grocer orders and bring them to Pago Pago. Hope that helps!

No one ever posts about having good bus experiences, but just wanted to say that we were at CR/Poly this past week and bused all over - we found buses to be abundant and never had any notable waits at either resorts or parks. CMs at CR were quick to organize lines at peak times when needed. I didn’t personally experience any times where lines were needed to be organized at Poly, but I’m sure it can happen.

Of course bus experiences can always vary, but at least for our few days it seemed pretty normal/pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter