• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Poly not have a bus from the resort to the Magic Kingdom directly while the monorail is closed?

There IS bus service to MK from the Poly bus stop at the moment given the monorail station closure. Never actually took it, but seemed pretty frequent from what we saw.

So on the topic of the pending 'soft goods refurb' for the Poly DVC villas later this year.... and this is a dumb question as I'm not versed in how DVC works when it comes to soft goods.

Does it include items like furniture and paint? Our rooms last week had a handful of 'scuffs' that frankly surprised me a bit. Seemed along the same lines of the much maligned resort side rooms - nothing over the top objectionable, just little things like below. The center table storage table top in particular looked well-used (picture doesn't do it justice).

It was actually my first time staying in a Poly studio villa so not quite sure what I expected. I guess I forget these rooms are in fact 5 years old. To be fair overall I really enjoyed the room/accommodations. I hope the resort side room renovations take some styling queues from these rooms.

Attachments

• IMG_0357.jpeg
    IMG_0357.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0358.jpeg
    IMG_0358.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0606.jpeg
    IMG_0606.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0607.jpeg
    IMG_0607.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 72
Sorry for the delay, I wanted to ask to make sure I had good info. According to bell services, they moved the coolers to Tangora Terrace, which is the building right next to Pago Pago. They run over there to pick up delivered grocer orders and bring them to Pago Pago. Hope that helps!
Perfect! Thank you so much for your help!

When a soft refurb happens, will the DVC of Poly close? They said Poly will be done Summer 2021 and I know that DVC also is slated for a refurb. I looked on a DVC Availability calendar (I am not a member- I rent points - so I don't know how accurate that is) and I saw that May 8- June 25th there is no avail for DVC studios. Do you think that is when they are doing refurb? I may move my March date ( I was poly and moved to GF) to June and didn't know if that meant by the end of June they would be done.

When a soft refurb happens, will the DVC of Poly close? They said Poly will be done Summer 2021 and I know that DVC also is slated for a refurb. I looked on a DVC Availability calendar (I am not a member- I rent points - so I don't know how accurate that is) and I saw that May 8- June 25th there is no avail for DVC studios. Do you think that is when they are doing refurb? I may move my March date ( I was poly and moved to GF) to June and didn't know if that meant by the end of June they would be done.
Are you looking at point or cash reservation? There is a a lot of availability using points during that time period. I signed into my account and looked.

The DVC Availability Tool shows those dates not available.

🤔

Last edited:
Are you looking at point or cash reservation? There is a a lot of availability using points during that time period. I signed into my account and looked.

The DVC Availability Tool shows those dates not available.

🤔
Got it. So the DVC avail tool is not a good and accurate tool?

Interesting, was having general chit chat with th bell person that helped us check out the other day and he said they’d already been putting furniture in Tuvalu. I dismissed it as bus driver chatter thinking no way they are that far along, but now I see some blog photos showing some mattresses and other furniture looking things being moved.

Moving fast - love it.

Interesting, was having general chit chat with th bell person that helped us check out the other day and he said they’d already been putting furniture in Tuvalu. I dismissed it as bus driver chatter thinking no way they are that far along, but now I see some blog photos showing some mattresses and other furniture looking things being moved.

Moving fast - love it.
In dvc rooms?

Moving fast - love it.

Maybe “Summer” means Memorial Day?! I can dream!:rotfl2:

Thank you everyone. This is helpful info!
Sorry, a couple more questions re: transportation from Poly. Is it possible to walk to GF and then take the monorail to MK? Also, with respect to Epcot, I'm not opposed to taking a Lyft - does anyone know if that is measurably faster than taking a bus to Epcot?

So on the topic of the pending 'soft goods refurb' for the Poly DVC villas later this year.... and this is a dumb question as I'm not versed in how DVC works when it comes to soft goods.

Does it include items like furniture and paint? Our rooms last week had a handful of 'scuffs' that frankly surprised me a bit. Seemed along the same lines of the much maligned resort side rooms - nothing over the top objectionable, just little things like below. The center table storage table top in particular looked well-used (picture doesn't do it justice).

It was actually my first time staying in a Poly studio villa so not quite sure what I expected. I guess I forget these rooms are in fact 5 years old. To be fair overall I really enjoyed the room/accommodations. I hope the resort side room renovations take some styling queues from these rooms.

From what we have heard from DVC "soft goods" includes updates to wall coverings, floor coverings, linens and some decor. I totally agree with you about the coffee table/storage bench and the other furniture. Ours looked like someone took a knife to it! We have stayed a few times in the past couple years on our points and every time the furniture looks rough. I wouldn't mind if they tore out the carpet altogether and just kept the laminate wood from the hallway throughout.

Sorry, a couple more questions re: transportation from Poly. Is it possible to walk to GF and then take the monorail to MK?
This is 100% possible as we did it about a week ago to catch a bus back to BW after grabbing some Dole Whip. Depending on where your room is, the catching the monorail at the TTC is probably a much shorter walk, but as far as crowds go, the lines at GF are probably much shorter (and it is a beautiful walk). To get to MK, you also have the option of taking the resort boat from Poly or the ferry from the TTC.

Sorry, a couple more questions re: transportation from Poly. Is it possible to walk to GF and then take the monorail to MK?

You can but depending on which longhouse you're in it's probably faster to just get it from the TTC. The DVC longhouses are right next to it.

Also, with respect to Epcot, I'm not opposed to taking a Lyft - does anyone know if that is measurably faster than taking a bus to Epcot?

Rideshare is almost always going to be faster than buses, MK is the only park where that's not true.

They are making good progress. Are they going to be gutting out the entire lobby area before the refurbishment is done? I love the little tiki guy, but I wouldn't mind if they made it bigger

If you had to choose between going to the Poly (renting DVC points) the last week of April or the first week of September, which would you choose?

We've only ever been during labor day week, and I know if we wait construction will be done, but sooner always sounds better 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter