• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We canceled our July trip this week. Looks like we made the right decision. Going to Margaritaville in Hollywood, Florida instead, 2 ocean view rooms for half the price. DD wants to be married at the Grand Floridian Wedding Chapel and honeymoon at the Polynesian. We will be staying at the Grand along with the wedding party and guests. Better for us to save up now and enjoy WDW later.

I hope that the monorail opens sooner than later for everyone going this summer.
Your trip to Margaritaville sounds lovely! I hope you have a wonderful time. A GF wedding will be amazing. I'm sure your DD is excited!!

I know I'm being complainy lol! I guess I was hoping the monorail and front entrance would be further along by now. Plus the GF walkway is under construction as well as the area around CCs. I knew the monorail might not be done but I didn't expect the others so I hope it does not affect our trip too much. I'm sure we will still have a great time. I have 3 patio days booked and I'm really looking forward to that part!

I was curious about this too. We will be there resort side opening day and I’m worried construction will not be as far along as I had hoped.
Someone mentioned on the tiki man fb page that the monorail might not open until September. I really hope that’s not the case.:snail:

I read that, too, unfortunately. I’m trying to be optimistic here, lol - it said the monorail station might not be completely done, but it didn’t say the station wouldn’t be open. They may get it to the point where the platform is complete and operational and finish up the rest of the station while having the platform open. One can hope, right? 🤞🏻😉

On a good note, I also read on Tikiman’s FB page that they are working on a plan to reopen Trader Sam’s. That would be great!

With ‘Ohana and possibly Trader Sam’s open, it would be really nice to have the monorail operational.

We have a DVC trip planned for Sept and I just got an email saying our room was being moved,

"Due to an upcoming refurbishment, your reservation in a Deluxe Studio accommodation will be moved to a Lagoon View hotel room at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. These accommodations feature 2 queen beds and a day bed, as well as a soaker tub, coffee maker and mini-refrigerator."

Was your reservation for a lake view or standard?

We rented points for a stay in August and I know others with DVC in August have been emailed that their rooms would be moved. Just trying to figure out how to word my room request based on Lake/Standard.

And from what I understand, yes, you will definitely be in a refurbished room. Only one bathroom rhough, boo.

I read that, too, unfortunately. I’m trying to be optimistic here, lol - it said the monorail station might not be completely done, but it didn’t say the station wouldn’t be open. They may get it to the point where the platform is complete and operational and finish up the rest of the station while having the platform open. One can hope, right? 🤞🏻😉

On a good note, I also read on Tikiman’s FB page that they are working on a plan to reopen Trader Sam’s. That would be great!

With ‘Ohana and possibly Trader Sam’s open, it would be really nice to have the monorail operational.
I love your optimism and I'm going to cross my fingers that the monorail station will be open too! I usually go with the flow but had a moment this morning where I was feeling pretty bummed. Will hold out hope for Trader Sams too!!

If anyone is there now/soon and happens to be around the Lava Pool and can pop your head in the bathrooms below the slide to confirm the showers have reopened, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

I didn't anticipate the monorail to be opened and planned on that. I'm very disappointed about the walkway to the GF.

Edit:
I do know that the weather has been difficult.

Unrelated to construction!

Does anyone know if they will be doing wristbands for the 4th? I know it's not supposed to the typical 4th celebration, but I'm not sure what to expect. We've never stayed at the Poly on the 4th and didn't know how early to get to the beach that evening. We're going to MK that day, but heading back to the Poly for the fireworks. I'm not fighting that chaos!!

Does anyone know if they will be doing wristbands for the 4th? I know it's not supposed to the typical 4th celebration, but I'm not sure what to expect. We've never stayed at the Poly on the 4th and didn't know how early to get to the beach that evening. We're going to MK that day, but heading back to the Poly for the fireworks. I'm not fighting that chaos!!

When I was there 3 yrs ago, you needed a wrist band to access the beach. Note sure if it will be the same this year, though.

Well in normal times/pre-covid, they’ve fenced off a spot on the main beach area in front of the Lava Pool - roughly between the boat dock and first bungalow - and it’s Poly guests only in that area. Non-Poly guests could go anywhere else on the grounds.

Without normal 7/4 fireworks, I’m going to guess (key word) they won’t be doing any sort of fencing off/restricting of access. I guess the only question is if they think HEA on 7/4 will generate enough non-guest holiday traffic they feel the need to do something. BUT, with the hotel side still closed and likely limited resources, I’m going to assume no restrictions.

Caveat that this is just my speculation!

Having been there for a few 7/4s and NYEs, most Poly CMs don’t even know the plan until that day/evening. Holiday setups traditionally haven’t been something particularly well communicated/posted in advance.

Hi. Does anyone know how late Capt. Cooks serves breakfast? Guessing 10:30 or 11 but can’t find anything definitive. Our flight arrives at 8:30am, we’re taking magical express, and hoping to arrive in time for a late breakfast. Thank you!

I'm going in the next two weeks and don't really care if the monorail is open. Not that hard to walk to the ticket center to hop it on.

It's funny cause the first time I went, I had no idea you can walk to it, so I literally took the monorail from the poly, past the GF, past magic kingdom, past contemp, and got off at the ticket center to go to Epcot :/

I'm going in the next two weeks and don't really care if the monorail is open. Not that hard to walk to the ticket center to hop it on.

It's funny cause the first time I went, I had no idea you can walk to it, so I literally took the monorail from the poly, past the GF, past magic kingdom, past contemp, and got off at the ticket center to go to Epcot :/
Live and learn :)

I got you beat. When I took a solo trip in 2019 I took the monorail from epcot to the TTC..and didn't know the Poly was walking distance...so I called an Uber...literally a 20 second drive.
I felt shame so I tipped the driver well...although he could have probably told me it was walkable. Rookie (and to be honest more than slightly inebriated from the World Showcase) moment. Trader Sams was the nail in the coffin for that day...and captain cooks meatballs.

Hearing rumors that the monorail station will not be completed until mid Sept. Thinking of switching resorts fir trip at end of August. Anyone know anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter