Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a late August reservation, and I’m torn on what to do. We haven’t gotten an email yet about the monorail, but I’m assuming it’s coming shortly. The Poly is my absolute favorite, but we’re taking our little one for the first time and were looking forward to the convenience of the monorail right there. Debating a switch to the GF but I’m worried I’ll be sad to miss the new rooms. 🤔
We just switched from Poly to GF. I spoke with a CM at the Poly (he was supposedly at the front desk) and he confirmed no monorail at reopening and that there would be CM's directing people to the back of the resort to check in as the Grand Ceremonial house entrance will still be under construction. Also said there still may be construction around the pool area at reopening and beyond. Maybe we will stay some other time in the future but for now, we've looked forward to this trip for so long, we don't want to go there under those conditions. Grand Floridian here we come!

We just switched from Poly to GF. I spoke with a CM at the Poly (he was supposedly at the front desk) and he confirmed no monorail at reopening and that there would be CM's directing people to the back of the resort to check in as the Grand Ceremonial house entrance will still be under construction. Also said there still may be construction around the pool area at reopening and beyond. Maybe we will stay some other time in the future but for now, we've looked forward to this trip for so long, we don't want to go there under those conditions. Grand Floridian here we come!
What are your dates?

For the second half of our trip (which we are now at GF) they are 7/28-8/1
Did you call DVC and have them switch you? I see availability at a few DVC resorts for my August dates but only on the main Disney website, not the DVC site so wondering if I can get anyone to switch me as we have little ones in strollers and would really have liked the monorail right at the resort.

Did you call DVC and have them switch you? I see availability at a few DVC resorts for my August dates but only on the main Disney website, not the DVC site so wondering if I can get anyone to switch me as we have little ones in strollers and would really have liked the monorail right at the resort.
we actually had a resort room booked at the Polynesian-not a DVC room. All I had to do was go into my reservation and modify the resort to Grand Floridian. It was actually less money than the Poly as well!

Last edited:

Is there anywhere open right now at Poly where we could walk up and get sushi on a Thursday night without a reservation?? Like just a sushi bar or quick service?

I'm a few pages behind.. but there are a couple of sushi rolls on the menu at Tambu Lounge...no reservations.

Anywhere to find out what the resort/pool activities are currently? We have a Tie Dye obsessed daughter and I've seen where some of the resorts off this (for a cost of course).

Why would they close lava pool? Wouldn’t of they done that when kiddie splash area was under construction or when the resort portion was closed? Why now? Is it tied to refurb for dvc?

Why would they close lava pool? Wouldn’t of they done that when kiddie splash area was under construction or when the resort portion was closed? Why now? Is it tied to refurb for dvc?

There has been no info announced about a closing of the Lava Pool. While certainly anything is possible and Disney occasionally closes pools for maintenance projects of various length, seems unlikely to me.

I’m not sure where the talk of Lava Pool work is coming from.

There has been no info announced about a closing of the Lava Pool. While certainly anything is possible and Disney occasionally closes pools for maintenance projects of various length, seems unlikely to me.

I’m not sure where the talk of Lava Pool work is coming from.

Just to piggyback on this, I would be shocked if they closed the Lava Pool anytime soon. We are in the hottest months of the year, and unless it’s something that needs immediate attention, I can’t imagine Disney closing any of their pools during this time.

My Husband needs his Kona coffee in the mornings to keep up with me. With the Island still closed where can he get his Kona coffee to go?

I got an email saying the monorail from the Polynesian will not be running during our trip. What are the options for getting to MK and Epcot? We have 3 young kids and will be returning to hotel in afternoons for naps. Is there a part of the resort that I should request to make it easier to travel to/from those parks?

At Poly currently. We have been here a few days. Yesterday was the first day construction was quite noisy. Today the noise is significantly less. This morning I also got a notice that mobile order is only available for those staying at the resort. I wonder if lots of people used it to get into resort for fireworks perhaps? I met quite a few people last night who had done just that. I had not seen the pop up notice when ordering before.

edit to add picture of notice.586234

Last edited:
At Poly currently. We have been here a few days. Yesterday was the first day construction was quite noisy. Today the noise is significantly less. This morning I also got a notice that mobile order is only available for those staying at the resort. I wonder if lots of people used it to get into resort for fireworks perhaps? I met quite a few people last night who had done just that. I had not seen the pop up notice when ordering before.
That's definitely new. We were staying at Shades of Green last week, and when staying there pop over to Poly pretty frequently. At one point I tried to "mock" mobile order to see in case we wanted to order on our way back to know our options, and it would have gone through. Contemporary we got the pop-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter