• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Poly currently. We have been here a few days. Yesterday was the first day construction was quite noisy. Today the noise is significantly less. This morning I also got a notice that mobile order is only available for those staying at the resort. I wonder if lots of people used it to get into resort for fireworks perhaps? I met quite a few people last night who had done just that. I had not seen the pop up notice when ordering before.

I think this is fair right now...

Edit: I don't care so much right now with the main house being closed. Just seems with this situations (fireworks finally starting) there will be an influx of people going through the resort, but I'm sure it will just be the first couple of weeks.

We are set to arrive Wednesday and now there is uncertainty with weather. If we get delayed a day or two before we arrive, do I just call the Poly to let them know so our room doesn't get reallocated in case we come in very early and need it available?

I got an email saying the monorail from the Polynesian will not be running during our trip. What are the options for getting to MK and Epcot? We have 3 young kids and will be returning to hotel in afternoons for naps. Is there a part of the resort that I should request to make it easier to travel to/from those parks?

The Epcot monorail isn't running anyway. Bus is the way to go there.

To MK options are: boat, walk to TTC and monorail from there, walking path (assuming the path is open between Poly and GF again). I think there is a bus, but I'm not 100% positive because I walked or boated in February.

At Poly currently. We have been here a few days. Yesterday was the first day construction was quite noisy. Today the noise is significantly less. This morning I also got a notice that mobile order is only available for those staying at the resort. I wonder if lots of people used it to get into resort for fireworks perhaps? I met quite a few people last night who had done just that. I had not seen the pop up notice when ordering before.

edit to add picture of notice.View attachment 586234
Do you have to be in close proximity to the Polynesian to place a mobile order at Captain Cook‘s? We do have a split stay for our upcoming trip and we are staying in the Polynesian villas for our last three nights. Could we mobile order our lunch when we are, say in the Magic Kingdom?

Dan

The Epcot monorail isn't running anyway. Bus is the way to go there.

To MK options are: boat, walk to TTC and monorail from there, walking path (assuming the path is open between Poly and GF again). I think there is a bus, but I'm not 100% positive because I walked or boated in February.

Why is the monorail not running to Epcot?

Anyone know what’s the earliest we can drop off bags with bell services? We have a split between BWI and Poly and wanted to head over early, drop off bags, and catch a bus to AK.

edit to add picture of notice.View attachment 586234
Probably too many people trying to get in by car. I was surprised they were allowing people to drive in for QS food previously n

Do you have to be in close proximity to the Polynesian to place a mobile order at Captain Cook‘s? We do have a split stay for our upcoming trip and we are staying in the Polynesian villas for our last three nights. Could we mobile order our lunch when we are, say in the Magic Kingdom?

Dan
Yes, I’m here now, and I can make the order from anywhere. The Front Desk suggested I say “I’m here” when I’m leaving my room and that has really helped limit my wait for pickup when I get over to CC. I ordered from the pool yesterday and ended up waiting inside CC longer. Still delicious!

Can you still walk straight and get to the lava pool or is there an alternate route?

So don’t quote me on this since it was raining pretty hard and I didn’t walk around in detail, but I think it’s fully blocked off at the moment. You have to go over on the Oasis Pool side of Somoa and Niue and cut through between Somoa and Hawaii, I think.

So don’t quote me on this since it was raining pretty hard and I didn’t walk around in detail, but I think it’s fully blocked off at the moment. You have to go over on the Oasis Pool side of Somoa and Niue and cut through between Somoa and Hawaii, I think.
Ah, I see. Thank you. Just a detour then so not too bad. We usually hang at the oasis pool anyway, but just trying to get a mental picture of getting to the lava pool for some slide time!
We are there opening day for the resort side and I'm trying to wrap my brain around all the construction. Still so excited to be there!

Hi. Any post-fireworks suggestions on leaving MK and getting back to the Poly? Was hoping to take the walking path but sounds like that won’t be an option. Wondering how long afterwards it’s safe to try and catch the monorail or boat with the departing mob. Or if it’s just easier to catch beachside from the Poly. Appreciate any tips or suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter