• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Any post-fireworks suggestions on leaving MK and getting back to the Poly? Was hoping to take the walking path but sounds like that won’t be an option. Wondering how long afterwards it’s safe to try and catch the monorail or boat with the departing mob. Or if it’s just easier to catch beachside from the Poly. Appreciate any tips or suggestions!

Why do you say walking won’t be an option - the path from GF to Poly construction? I think that should probably be done relatively soon, unless your trip is close.

The good thing with Poly is you have a variety of options:

- Poly resort boat
- Resort Monorail to TTC and walk to Poly
- Express Monorail to TTC and walk to Poly
- Ferryboat to TTC and walk to Poly
- Bus to Poly (assuming the monorail staton is still closed)

Personally I tend to bounce between the resort boat and resort monorail and will generally do the eyeball test of the line/crowd and make a judgement call at the time. I always joke I usually guess incorrectly though. :-)

If the lines are really bad, I can’t wait to walk - would make for a beautiful end of the evening stroll.

Why do you say walking won’t be an option - the path from GF to Poly construction? I think that should probably be done relatively soon, unless your trip is close.

The good thing with Poly is you have a variety of options:

- Poly resort boat
- Resort Monorail to TTC and walk to Poly
- Express Monorail to TTC and walk to Poly
- Ferryboat to TTC and walk to Poly
- Bus to Poly (assuming the monorail staton is still closed)

Personally I tend to bounce between the resort boat and resort monorail and will generally do the eyeball test of the line/crowd and make a judgement call at the time. I always joke I usually guess incorrectly though. :-)

If the lines are really bad, I can’t wait to walk - would make for a beautiful end of the evening stroll.
Thank you much! The reason I ask is we arrive tomorrow… so yes, be there soon :)

From what I’ve read the giant tree had caused some rather decent damage to the mechanicals and such in that area, so I “assume” it’s for rebuilding/replacing whatever is involved with that.

Do you find it strange that the entire "green beach" (we call it that😉)is blocked off?

Just booked two nights, January 15th and 16th! Wanted to have the whole week 15-21, but DVC point rental availability was slim pickings! So for now it’s a split stay with AKL. I’ll take two days at my favorite resort over none any day. I missed it on our trip this past spring.

Do you find it strange that the entire "green beach" (we call it that😉)is blocked off?
I was told when I booked my trip in March that all work “should be” complete for my trip 7/25 - 7/31. So I called customer service earlier today to complain about the monorail station not being complete and all the ongoing construction. They assured me everything will be cleaned up by 7/19 and the only areas closed will be the monorail station and the front entrance to the GCH. I am still not 100% sold but this is encouraging.

Well, they must to have to run some new pipes so the grease trap flows properly to the lake.

I kid, I kid.

A week or two ago I saw a pic of a massive crane pulled up in that grass area - I’m guessing to either pick up/drop off something really heavy on the ground or on the roof.

Who knows though, I guess.

I was told when I booked my trip in March that all work “should be” complete for my trip 7/25 - 7/31. So I called customer service earlier today to complain about the monorail station not being complete and all the ongoing construction. They assured me everything will be cleaned up by 7/19 and the only areas closed will be the monorail station and the front entrance to the GCH. I am still not 100% sold but this is encouraging.

Will you please report back after your trip? We check in on August 9th and I am curious how things will be when we are there.

I will say, I do think they will have most of what is under construction now cleaned up by 7/19. I keep reading that ME will be using the new porte cochere and guest check-in is moving back to the GCH. I'd assume the front entrance has to be cleaned up in order to accommodate the ME bus and others that are being dropped off for check-in. I also read that guests will enter the GCH via a side entrance (I'm assuming over by Rarotonga) so I think there is some truth to only the front entrance being closed (and the monorail - but I think we all new that already). Regardless, you'll be in Disney! Have a great trip!

I hope so! We arrive an 7/19 😎

I know there is a page/website that has pictures and reviews of all the resort rooms, but can't for the life of me remember where to find it. Trying to determine my room request for my upcoming Poly stay!!!!

Can do. All Star Movies tonight, Poly for 3, then off to the Beach Club. Making the circuit! I’ll report on the path, hopefully not from the eye of a hurricane :)

Any path updates? 😎 … and hopefully Elsa is minding her own business!

I'm booking in February in a standard view room. I tried using Touring plans to figure out where I would want to request a room, but according to their descriptions the only standard views are in the DVC buildings. Does anyone know where I can figure out which building/floors have standard view rooms available?

I'm booking in February in a standard view room. I tried using Touring plans to figure out where I would want to request a room, but according to their descriptions the only standard views are in the DVC buildings. Does anyone know where I can figure out which building/floors have standard view rooms available?

Garden View.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter