Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Yup! We just walked into the GCH from the pool to browse the shop upstairs and...BAM....open!

Does it really feel like you’re walking into a Home Depot with a sheet metal roof and plain concrete walkway?? Or a pics depicting a cheaped-out look completely deceiving???☹

The plain concrete does seem like a strange design choice. Most won’t even pay attention, I suspect. Only reason it struck me was the contrast against the brown.

But I guess if it lasts more than 50 years this time, I’m good with it. :-)

So it’s clear for those reading along, the ground floor main entry way part is still closed, it was just the station platform itself that opened today. Not a construction expert, but maybe another week or so down there?

We’re checking in 9/12 for a Lake View, but sounds like Moorea is closed now for refurbs. Haven’t heard anything about being moved though so fingers crossed?

Same! Still haven’t heard anything yet… I tried calling to get some info and didn’t have any luck.

Does it really feel like you’re walking into a Home Depot with a sheet metal roof and plain concrete walkway?? Or a pics depicting a cheaped-out look the completely deceiving???☹

Im a little concerned as well.:oops:
DH and I looked online, and found pics of the King KAMEHAMEHA suite on FB.
We‘ve stayed in that suite several times, and we were both so disappointed!
Any of the old Polynesian flair and uniqueness, gone!
Looks like any contemporary hotel suite; so disheartening about this!
But the resort, as a whole, still looks our stunningly Poly❣🌴

Some other quick observations…

- Looked like Tokelau and Moorea (DVC longhouses) were fully closed for refurb (I think that has already been reported)

- Rarotonga still isn’t open yet, but looked relatively close just judging from looking in the hallway from the ends/rooms with lights on at night.

- Can’t vouch for the women’s, but the men’s bathroom showers underneath the volcano at the Lava Pool remain closed. Disney opened pool showers a couple of months ago at some (all?) other resorts, so not sure why Poly is still closed or if it’s a maintenance issue.

- Guests lined up at Trader Sam’s at 1pm daily blows my mind, if I’m honest.

- Saw the first boat pull up a little less than an hour pre MK opening each morning.

- I appreciated that they leave liners hanging on the side of the trash cans, see below. Really helps with the extra trash created with mobile orders and such.

3A9C25CF-0518-4E1B-A178-1C3AEF5DD190.jpeg

We checked in today through the 12th. Originally booked a DVC standard view studio (on our points) last October. We were notified in late July that we were being moved to a lagoon view room due to the soft goods refurb. In MDE it has been showing both my villa reservation and a lagoon view reservation for weeks. I called a couple weeks ago to inquire and was told that I would definitely be in a regular room.

Arrived today and asked at check in. He said my studio reservation would show in MDE as well but I was in a regular room.

We went to the pool to wait on our text. I got 2. One for a studio in Pago Pago and one for a lagoon view room. Front desk said it’s been happening a lot lately- but long story short we are in Pago Pago in a refurbed studio. They gave me a choice of which room I wanted to keep- but ultimately the two bathrooms, kitchenette and guaranteed balcony won out.

- Looked like Tokelau and Moorea (DVC longhouses) were fully closed for refurb (I think that has already been reported)

- Rarotonga still isn’t open yet, but looked relatively close just judging from looking in the hallway from the ends/rooms with lights on at night.

- Can’t vouch for the women’s, but the men’s bathroom showers underneath the volcano at the Lava Pool remain closed. Disney opened pool showers a couple of months ago at some (all?) other resorts, so not sure why Poly is still closed or if it’s a maintenance issue.

- Saw the first boat pull up a little less than an hour pre MK opening each morning.

Womens showers are closed too. I was in there today.

- Looked like Tokelau and Moorea were fully closed for refurb (I think that has already been reported)

- I appreciated that they leave liners hanging on the side of the trash cans, see . Really helps with the extra trash created with mobile orders and such.

View attachment 602653
Disney Dad! Next time you’re cruising through the lobby can you ask the front desk if the Lake View Moorea rooms will be open by Sunday?

I’ve called a few times and no on the phone is able to get any information from the resort.

We checked in today through the 12th. Originally booked a DVC standard view studio (on our points) last October. We were notified in late July that we were being moved to a lagoon view room due to the soft goods refurb. In MDE it has been showing both my villa reservation and a lagoon view reservation for weeks. I called a couple weeks ago to inquire and was told that I would definitely be in a regular room.

Arrived today and asked at check in. He said my studio reservation would show in MDE as well but I was in a regular room.

We went to the pool to wait on our text. I got 2. One for a studio in Pago Pago and one for a lagoon view room. Front desk said it’s been happening a lot lately- but long story short we are in Pago Pago in a refurbed studio. They gave me a choice of which room I wanted to keep- but ultimately the two bathrooms, kitchenette and guaranteed balcony won out.

Showgal any chance you can help us out?

Us and 3 other families are checking in on Sunday and are booked in Lake View Studios. We haven’t received an email or seen any changes in our MDE that indicate we’re going to be moved.

Next time you’re in the lobby could you ask the front desk if Moorea will be open by Sunday? I tried calling but couldn’t get any info.

I’ll Venmo you $$ for a Lapu Lapu on us 😃🌴

Disney Dad! Next time you’re cruising through the lobby can you ask the front desk if the Lake View Moorea rooms will be open by Sunday?

I’ve called a few times and no on the phone is able to get any information from the resort.

Sorry! I’m back home now. Granted I couldn’t see everything, but from open curtains/lights on and such at night, it didn’t seem like Moorea was very far along??? Don’t take that as fact as I didn’t sit there and throughly examine everything and I’m not really up to speed on the DVC renovations, just what I noticed while running by there early AM. I could easily be misinterpreting what I could see in those rooms.

Sorry! I’m back home now. Granted I couldn’t see everything, but from open curtains/lights on and such at night, it didn’t seem like Moorea was very far along??? Don’t take that as fact as I didn’t sit there and throughly examine everything and I’m not really up to speed on the DVC renovations, just what I noticed while running by there early AM. I could easily be misinterpreting what I could see in those rooms.

Thank you for the update, sorry to hear your trip has come to an end. I do appreciate the info though.

- I appreciated that they leave liners hanging on the side of the trash cans, see below. Really helps with the extra trash created with mobile orders and such.

View attachment 602653

Quick question - I noticed in your picture of the trash can that it looks like you only had a shower in your room. We had a shower/tub combo in our room. Do you know if most rooms are only showers, shower/tub combos, or is it a good mixture of both?

I don’t care either way, but I ask because friends of ours are traveling with little kids and they would prefer a tub for bathing their children and I just assumed all rooms had a shower/tub combo.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter