Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

After so many fits and starts gf and I are looking to finally come home for 10 days around Labor Day 2022 and am booking with our TA...I am just torn about category. Poly is actually one of the few resorts I really enjoy Standard, because of the monorail views, but wondering if splurging a little for a nicer view would be a nice treat given my partner has had so many disappointments with cancelled trips.

If CL is back by then we would like to tack on a couple of nights at the end as well. Been too depressed with all the cancellations to keep up on the news.
Splurge cl for sure!

Book gv cl to save$ and hang in lounge or go for it and upgrade view.

After so many fits and starts gf and I are looking to finally come home for 10 days around Labor Day 2022 and am booking with our TA...I am just torn about category. Poly is actually one of the few resorts I really enjoy Standard, because of the monorail views, but wondering if splurging a little for a nicer view would be a nice treat given my partner has had so many disappointments with cancelled trips.

If CL is back by then we would like to tack on a couple of nights at the end as well. Been too depressed with all the cancellations to keep up on the news.
Glad you have a new trip plan started. I agree standard is nice at Poly but we love to get a water view(is that the right term?). Fiji facing the lagoon and pool is our favorite view unless we stay CL GV.

Good luck with your planning!

Splurge cl for sure!

Book gv cl to save$ and hang in lounge or go for it and upgrade view.

We decided to book standard for 8 days and 2 days of CL at the end, TPV. My gf just wanted 2 days of CL so opted to spring for the nicer view on those nights. Hoping to get desserts from the lounge and watch fireworks from the balcony on the last night.

Would someone be willing to post the January activities and times when it comes out for January? I am just interested in what it looks like recently, even though we won't be there until later in 2022, and even knowing that they change from month to month. Thanks!

Would someone be willing to post the January activities and times when it comes out for January? I am just interested in what it looks like recently, even though we won't be there until later in 2022, and even knowing that they change from month to month. Thanks!
l will post the schedule when I get there next week. Please let me know if you have any other questions or pic requests 😊

Resort availability is a bit nutty right now.

There was a Theme Park View room available January 10th - 16th. I went to book, and it was gone by the time I completed checkout. Then, a Standard Room appeared about an hour later. Same thing happened - gone within just a few minutes.

Then, about an hour after that.... the room appeared again, and I was able to secure it. :smickey:

So, I will be at Saratoga Springs January 8th - 10th for the marathon, then switching over to a Standard room at Poly for the week!

Edit: A standard studio opened up for the first two nights of my trip! So I’m now doing a split stay with a Studio for the first two nights, then changing to a Standard room on the hotel side for the rest of the week.

:cool1:

Last edited:
I watched a YouTube video from last year, and the person was able to order Ohana noodles and bread from Tambu lounge, even though it isn’t on their menu. Does anyone know if this is still a thing?

I watched a YouTube video from last year, and the person was able to order Ohana noodles and bread from Tambu lounge, even though it isn’t on their menu. Does anyone know if this is still a thing?

I saw someone at the bar being served bread pudding a few days ago. Can't speak to the noodles, but I assume (key word) yes/maybe?

Hope that helps!

I am looking forward to my first stay at the Polynesian this week... any tips to getting into Trader Sam's? Just arrive early and get on the list?

I am looking forward to my first stay at the Polynesian this week... any tips to getting into Trader Sam's? Just arrive early and get on the list?
That's a good plan. Also, if you don't mind missing some of the ambiance, there's an order from a window/counter option outside as well.

I used to love your writings in the Weekly World News!

They've been off and on the Tambu menu for awhile, best bet will be to ask. They were outrageously priced when I was there last, though. Like 8 dollars or something for two bites worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter