Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Seriously, when did it become a thing to just dump trash, dirty towels, food, etc. into the hallways?

Third time in a week I had to call Guest Services to clean up my hallway.

The bags in my photo have leftover food in them and it’s stinking up the entire floor.

View attachment 639726

View attachment 639727

DVC side? 😔
DVC Poly owner here
FYI- DVC resort guest, please note that there is a trash room on the first floor near the elevators in the DVC buildings. please take your trash to the first floor and empty it in the trash room.
All DVC resort buildings will have a trash room, you just have to find it. 8-)

Last edited:
Just booked ourselves for 8 nights Lake view studio at the Poly in August! I'm so excited.

If I'm correct, Lake view studio's are all in Moorea?

Also, does anyone know if I would be able to request a keurig machine in our dvc room? I much prefer that to the regular drip coffee machines. Not a big deal if they can't provide one, but thought I would ask here if it is even a possibility.

Yes, all DVC lake view studios are in Moorea. I believe youcan request a keurig, but am not sure so hope someone else can weigh in. I prefer regular coffee machines, so haven’t ever asked.

Guys - help me.

What is the name of the Tiki figure in the lobby? Our mascot - I have forgotten his name and the internet is telling me he is "Maui" and I remember staff telling me a much longer name last time I was there. I think it started with an "H."

Hi! We're doing our first trip to Disney in April and staying at the Poly. Family of 4, two kids, then 9 and 6.5. Two quick questions for those who have gone recently 1) is housekeeping for non-DVC back to normal? (or can I at least request it? I need regular cleaned rooms and made beds for that price!) and 2) what's the walk to the Magic Kingdom like? We're used to walking a lot but if it's unusually long/non-shady, maybe we'll pass. Just curious if others have done it and what they think. I keep thinking I should switch to Contemporary to make it easy to go back and forth but I hear such great things about the Poly that i'm hesitant to do that. Thanks!!

Hi! We're doing our first trip to Disney in April and staying at the Poly. Family of 4, two kids, then 9 and 6.5. Two quick questions for those who have gone recently 1) is housekeeping for non-DVC back to normal? (or can I at least request it? I need regular cleaned rooms and made beds for that price!) and 2) what's the walk to the Magic Kingdom like? We're used to walking a lot but if it's unusually long/non-shady, maybe we'll pass. Just curious if others have done it and what they think. I keep thinking I should switch to Contemporary to make it easy to go back and forth but I hear such great things about the Poly that i'm hesitant to do that. Thanks!!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/housekeeping-service/

Housekeeping is not normal. I'm a walker, but that walk is too much when I know I have a 25k+ step day ahead of me. There's not tons of shade and it's lengthy.

The walking path is really for GF to MK. Of course Poly can use it, but that doesn't mean you'll want to.

For Housekeeping you should expect Disney's stated "every other day modified cleaning" service. Meaning, trash, towels, wiping down of vanities, vacuuming if needed. There are occasional reports of housekeepers that will do the beds, but that is not the current stated policy so keep expectations low and if you get anything else, that's a bonus. Also if you don't get the every other day service, make sure to call Housekeeping or use the app to tell them. With housekeepers keeping up with who knows how many rooms all on different schedules, mistakes and oversights happen.

We like to walk to/from MK if it's not too hot, but like PP said most probably don't want to do that as it's a decent hike. Boat or monorail are much more convenient.

In my humble/very strong opinion - if you're at all pool folks your 9 and 6.5 year old will enjoy Poly's pools MUCH more than CR. I'm a CR fan too, but when it comes to the pools Poly wins every time - if a factor for you. While it's less crowded and you'll never have a problem finding a chair, my 11 year old has now declared the CR feature pool "too boring" - (insert parent eyeroll) - but he's kind of not wrong.

Just wanted to confirm poolside patio rentals are 60 days prior to check in date, correct? And thanks. Love this thread!
As of today, 60 days out.☀️🌺

Guys - help me.

What is the name of the Tiki figure in the lobby? Our mascot - I have forgotten his name and the internet is telling me he is "Maui" and I remember staff telling me a much longer name last time I was there. I think it started with an "H."

View attachment 640475
We’ve always known him as Maui! Curious if someone knows something different.🌺

I don't know if I can do this here but if anyone has a standard room booked for Feb 26-March 1st and need to cancel, please let me know. I booked one room hoping to be able to book a 2nd needed one right away and they are completely sold out. I don't wish for anyone's vac to get cancel but maybe someone will switch dates? ty

Can anyone say with the refurbishment did they eliminate the studio connecting rooms. I read on a previous old post 2019/20 that poly had easier connecting rooms because they’re plenty.

Hi everyone! We are staying at the Poly for the first time this May and we are VERY excited. Will be me, my husband, and our 6 and 4 year old. We will be staying in a DVC studio, hopefully Tokelau first floor.

My question: what time should I plan to leave Poly to make rope drop for early entry at each park?

Please tell me if my assumptions are accurate from your experience:
  • MK: 8:30 early entry. Depart hotel room at 7:30 and take monorail to be towards front of crowd (booking it to SDMT)
  • EPCOT; 9:30 early entry. Leave room at 8:30, walk to TTC, take monorail with goal of arriving at EPCOT at 9:15
  • DS: 8:30 early entry, Uber or Lyft at 7:45 to arrive by 8:15, book it to Slinky Dog
  • AK: 8:30 early entry, Uber or Lyft at 7:45 to arrive by 8:15

Can anyone say with the refurbishment did they eliminate the studio connecting rooms. I read on a previous old post 2019/20 that poly had easier connecting rooms because they’re plenty.

The DVC studios I have stayed in have connecting doors.
(if booking more than one room for your travel party be sure a note is made on the reservations that you are "traveling together")

Hi folks! We’re staying at the Poly for the first time this August. Our plan is to add two nights on to the end of a 5 night stay at Wilderness Lodge. We aren’t going to do any parks those two days, just relax and explore the monorail resorts. What are your must-dos in the area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter